Splatoon's ability stacking crippling online play :/

«◆Johηηγ◆»

Full Squid
Ok so I like to play Splatoon a lot, but It's becoming difficult to not talk about this particular topic so...

Whenever I go online... I run into Squids that are just DECKED OUT in unachievable gear that I could not even fathom having... Here's an example below

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to avoid these particular squids online, even If it's just regular Turf war...

How do you deal with this problem?

I would encourage you to leave your advice down below.

Thank you. ~Johnnycay~

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Most people use a technique called save scumming to get "infinite" rerolls to make perfect triple gear

However, stacking sub's doesn't really ruin the game, since even without subs, you still can get half of the abilities you want without RNG, as the main ability.

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
The gear you used in this example is indeed obtainable. Assuming you're unaware, different brands have higher chances of getting a specific sub ability. For example: Krak-On has a higher chance of getting the sub Swim Speed Up ability, hence that player's shoes have three sub Swim Speed Up abilities.

And it doesn't really ruin the game, to be completely honest. Having three of the same subs on a single piece of gear isn't anything to get all worked up about. One main ability isn't potent enough to greatly impact the user's current stats and three of the same sub abilities barely match potency of one main ability, so unless its something where the user has "Pure" gear (When their gear looks like this :ability_runspeed:,:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:) you shouldn't really get to nervous about it.

-I just noticed that the image spelt RockenBERG incorrectly-

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Uh, I dunno why you felt the need to censor that squiddo's face.

Now I can agree that some people take this idea a little too far (i.e. the tryhards with Legendary Caps and Squid Tunics set to all Damage Ups), but the example you've given isn't that bad. Just taking advantage of each gear's natural sub bias to have what amount to 3 extra mains abilities.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The example you've shown isn't at all hard to do. You could have gear like that with a modicum of effort. And really, it all comes down to skill anyway. No ability in this game is a serious game changer, even when stacked.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Nah, i think it enhances it allowing users to pick more specific loadouts to suit their needs. But i wish there'd be an easier way to achieve triples.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Higher level and higher ranked players tend to have better ability loadouts because they have had the time and money to invest in rerolls.
I have seen many players make the correlation of "good abilities equal good rank" but it's quite the opposite. Players do not gain skill by having good abilities, but having good skill helps to earn them good abilities.
No match is won by good abilities alone. It's entirely possible to get to S+ rank without having perfect gear builds (I see plenty of unoptimized gear in S+ matches).

So when you see good gear on an inkling don't think "they won because of their abilities" think "wow, they must have won a lot to earn those abilities".

Varonth

Inkling
NNID
Varonth
Nah, i think it enhances it allowing users to pick more specific loadouts to suit their needs. But i wish there'd be an easier way to achieve triples.
I wish gear would just be for looks and not for stats.

Stats should be equipable like skills. Over the first 20 levels, you unlock more slots, which you can unlock faster by spending shells.

Respeccing will cost a fee depending on how many skills you already use. And ontop of that, at 20+ you can buy more loadout pages with shells or money, to quickswitch between skill loadouts without paying for respec every single time.

Not that random ability thingy we have now.

«◆Johηηγ◆»

Full Squid
Uh, I dunno why you felt the need to censor that squiddo's face.

Now I can agree that some people take this idea a little too far (i.e. the tryhards with Legendary Caps and Squid Tunics set to all Damage Ups), but the example you've given isn't that bad. Just taking advantage of each gear's natural sub bias to have what amount to 3 extra mains abilities.
I just do that so I don't look like I'm calling a specific player out for their actions..

«◆Johηηγ◆»

Full Squid
The gear you used in this example is indeed obtainable. Assuming you're unaware, different brands have higher chances of getting a specific sub ability. For example: Krak-On has a higher chance of getting the sub Swim Speed Up ability, hence that player's shoes have three sub Swim Speed Up abilities.

And it doesn't really ruin the game, to be completely honest. Having three of the same subs on a single piece of gear isn't anything to get all worked up about. One main ability isn't potent enough to greatly impact the user's current stats and three of the same sub abilities barely match potency of one main ability, so unless its something where the user has "Pure" gear (When their gear looks like this :ability_runspeed:,:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:) you shouldn't really get to nervous about it.

-I just noticed that the image spelt RockenBERG incorrectly-
Thank you for the EXTREMELY HELPFUL image you showed me.. I'll be sure to save it to my hard drive for future use.. Thank you!

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Higher level and higher ranked players tend to have better ability loadouts because they have had the time and money to invest in rerolls.
I have seen many players make the correlation of "good abilities equal good rank" but it's quite the opposite. Players do not gain skill by having good abilities, but having good skill helps to earn them good abilities.
No match is won by good abilities alone. It's entirely possible to get to S+ rank without having perfect gear builds (I see plenty of unoptimized gear in S+ matches).

So when you see good gear on an inkling don't think "they won because of their abilities" think "wow, they must have won a lot to earn those abilities".
This this this.

I'm an S player but my gear is all over the place purely because I dont care enough to put the time into optimizing it. I just don't give a ****. haha

Boscolot

Inkling
NNID
Bosco
As others have said, this player's build is fairly easy to replicate and frankly I don't know why a splash-o-matic would be running both ink saver and ink recovery. Damage-up doesn't really seem necessary either since you have to have a lot of defense-up to turn the splash into a 5 shot kill.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
You don't, because it isn't a problem. Perfect gear hardly gives you an advantage so it isn't really worth it if you aren't an e-liter 3k main.

shining_chaos

Inkster Jr.
NNID
shining_chaos
One main ability isn't potent enough to greatly impact the user's current stats and three of the same sub abilities barely match potency of one main ability, so unless its something where the user has "Pure" gear (When their gear looks like this :ability_runspeed:,:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:) you shouldn't really get to nervous about it.
Plus every now and then, someone does just roll pure gear by accident. I managed to pure my snorkle (damage ups) on like... my fourth roll. I know the odds are probably ridiculous, but it still happened, and so sometimes it's just average people hitting dumb luck.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
quick reminder that it's completely possible to get good rolls without savescumming. i've gotten plenty of natural triples on some of my gear without scumming and even some unorthodox gear like this :clothes_tly007::ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inksavermain:. and the examples you showed aren't that hard to get either (well it is hard, but easier than most other triples).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom