Splatoon's lead directors approach you with a request...

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
So picture this. One calm morning, you get a knock on your front door. You open it to find the current directors of Splatoon 3 and they need your help. People have been saying far too negative of things about this game's kit design and they decide to more directly allow some of the community members to help improve it.

You must completely swap the kits of any two weapons. No swapping parts - you cannot give the Carbon Roller Burst Bomb + Zipcaster without giving the vanilla Splatana Stamper one of its two kits. Also, it wouldn't matter if this left the Carbon Roller with two Burst Bomb kits, as the changes would be added to the game regardless. Once you choose your one pair of kits to swap the people from Nintendo will leave and you won't be able to do it again.

Which do you pick and why?

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
vClash Blaster and vSploosh, I want my bomb zooka reference kit for Sploosh, and I’m fine with Clash having two curling bomb kits

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
.52 Gal and Custom Wellstring V.

I feel like a lot of people are going to try and look for mutually beneficial swaps or steal Clash Blaster's god-tier kit for their main.
Not me, no. I'm taking this golden opportunity to kill v52 once and for all. The fact that Wellstring gets a decent kit out of the deal is also a nice bonus.

Assuming I actually wanted to make the kit design better overall, Wellstring V and Dapple Dualies.

Last edited:

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
The kits for the alternate skins are actually stored separately in the game's code, so I'll swap the Order Blaster Replica and flux deco. That way flux can get the aggressive kit it deserves (with zipcaster now that it can charge midair) and luna players don't have to be stuck with a splash wall. But if they want one for some reason they can play it. If the skins get changed together, I'll still do it because there are barely any luna players anyway, and there's still the neo kit.

If I decide to actually play tournaments, I'd probably want to fix pencil instead. So I'd swap pencil and cjr. It admittedly makes cjr kind of a cooler farmer and nothing else, but that's better than a cooler farmer + good backline. And pencil gets an insanely fun synergistic kit, with a torpedo to help defend itself and a wave breaker that makes it one shot if you get hit.

Last edited:

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
If I were to be greedy, I would swap Gold Dynamo and cJr. Torpedo on a Dynamo would be my dreams come true, and sure Jr would have two splat bomb kits but they were already harassing you with both Torpedos and Splat Bombs anyway, so I don't see much of a difference.

Alternatively I swap cJr. and vGoo's kits, just for fun.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
I want to save either reef-lux or dread wringer, but I think I care about reeflux a smidge more. So I'm swapping reeflux deco with vanilla L3. Keep your curling, but get an actual fun special hooray. Not the perfect kit, but I'd play it for sure. And L3 would kind of make sense with that kit, especially since it combos with slider now.

I could totally swap it for a better one, but there's a lot of kits I like in this game :')

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
Bamboo Mk II and Reeflux Deco solely because they should've given Reeflux a better kit 😭

- A Reeflux Apologist

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I want to save either reef-lux or dread wringer, but I think I care about reeflux a smidge more. So I'm swapping reeflux deco with vanilla L3. Keep your curling, but get an actual fun special hooray. Not the perfect kit, but I'd play it for sure. And L3 would kind of make sense with that kit, especially since it combos with slider now.

I could totally swap it for a better one, but there's a lot of kits I like in this game :')
The issue with Dread D's kit is finding a weapon that both would want it and that has a good kit for Dread.
Plenty of both, very little crossover. The power level of Dread D's kit is just abysmally low.

Actually, wait a minute, we already know a good trade for Dread D. It's a weapon that came out in the very same season and was never supposed to be good in the first place.

Dread Wringer D and Custom Explosher

Custom Explo gets a kit that's half-decent for it, and its playstyle lives on in the form of Dread. It's not perfect, but it's definitely better.

(Also I'd personally swap REEF Deco with vMini.)

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
The issue with Dread D's kit is finding a weapon that both would want it and that has a good kit for Dread.
Plenty of both, very little crossover. The power level of Dread D's kit is just abysmally low.

Actually, wait a minute, we already know a good trade for Dread D. It's a weapon that came out in the very same season and was never supposed to be good in the first place.

Dread Wringer D and Custom Explosher

Custom Explo gets a kit that's half-decent for it, and its playstyle lives on in the form of Dread. It's not perfect, but it's definitely better.

(Also I'd personally swap REEF Deco with vMini.)
I considered it too but the custom explo kit is really unique and kind of fun so I don't want to give it the hyper boring dread D kit lol. Though you could argue vanilla explo is solid as is so it doesn't need a second kit, which I mean I guess?

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
Custom Gootuber and Octobrush Nouveau. It genuienly feels like those two kits got swapped around. Fizzy/Stamp would go so hard on any brush really. And Gootuber can make use of Beakon/Storm just fine. It's not like either kit beats vanilla goober anyways, who cares.

Part of me really really wants the Sorella Brella kit on Octobrush (god please, I miss Auto/Jet Octobrush so so much, you guys have no idea)
But I guess the brella mains can have nice things sometimes. As long as they don't take the Auto/Jet kit from Octobrush again in the future then we're cool.

Azhdarcho

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3173-5595-5611
Custom Hydra and vanilla Flingza.

I just want tenta missiles.

edit: ooo, I didn’t consider Goo Tuber until QuagSass mentioned it above me. Swap Custom Hydra with Goo Tuber. Goob is a long range weapon that can actually use the “swim in and out of the screen” tactic, so it’s not completely kneecapped by not being able to see through its own special.

Last edited:

AdphæeXD

Full Squid
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-0440-1499-8900
vDapples and hEdit. I like my weapon with Tact, but people playing it competitively are always staying back to anchor. Giving it Beacon would allow for people to make aggressive plays on backless comps, and as a side bonus, would potentially give more gear freedom (Beacon hides jumps, no SJ needed.)

Plus, the vDapples gets a Curling, which I doubt it's good, it's pretty cool.

Honorable mentions go to switching vBP and either Naut kit; Naut 79 and vDualies; and lastly, vNaut and nEdit. For the first, as fun as Inkjet is, I would rather keep my Suction, and Rain is a pretty useful special. For the second, I don't really need two Crab weapons. Lastly, nEdit is an awesome kit, and Splatbomb is better off on Edit than Naut anyway.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Here's a decent trade: vBrella and vExplo

Explo gets tools to keep the entire stage painted at all times, Brella gets an Ink Storm and a semi-decent sub.
A bit of research revealed that zero Ink Storm weapons have bombs. Way to kit design, Nintendo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom