• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spoiler warning : Unreleased Weapon & Released Gear images.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
So these were found, no stats are known for now but we have images/subs and specials.

Slosher & Splatling variants(including octoshot)-
So technically these aren't 'unreleased' but here's images of the rewards for the 'every 5 levels past 20' unlocks.
:
What are y'alls thoughts? The variants for the slosher and splatlings look really interesting.
also RIP the tentatek, octoshot is the new jack-of-all-trades.

EDIT: so I didn't except the links to pop up the images themselves. editing in spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Woah! Sweet I am so ready for that triple Slosher! (I mean, Disrupters? Awesome for trapping opponents!) and looks like the reign of the Tentatek is about to end... With the reign of the Octoshot Replica rising! Can wait to try the variants once the officially come out. I'm still kinda sad that they put so much variants for the Splatling class and only little left for the Slosher class, it's became my favorite class and weapon!

Edit: also, finally some more gear with Tenacity!

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Interested in the custom hydra and the new sloshers. Really curious about the hydra. Wish the octoshot replicas were a little different than the tentatek but it makes since that the replicas are all regular weapons with a replica design.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Interested in all Splating weapons. I really want the Hydra so that I can shout "Hail Hydra!" everytime I splat someone. I also like the sub/special weapons on most of the Splatling weapons as well.

Dream21

Full Squid
Gotta say the Hydra Splatling really catches my eye.

I want the Slosher Deco badly though! I don't like having inkstrikes as the special that much.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
These are going to be interesting to look at once they come out or I get to the appropriate level.

Especially can't wait for that Octoshot Replica!

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
The tri-slosher has an amazing set up. As long as the burst is controllable this'll be brilliant.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Both Splash Wall and Kraken!! I need the Slosher Deco and soon!!

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
and none of the buckets have a sprinkler... curses, i guess a bucket+sprinkler combo would be too strong or too weak.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Custom Hydra Splatling looks amazing. Sprinkler/Bubbler? That just sounds like a beautiful combination.
Also, the Zink Mini Splatling looks great too, I'd been hoping for a Splatling with Disruptors.
The Tri-Slosher Nouveau looks interesting, never would've expected Seeker/Echolocator to happen. Might end up preferring it over the original, depending on whether it benefits from Bubbler (it's gonna be great with Disruptors).
Overall, all of the new weapons look at least worth a shot, and some look very good.
Also, kinda disappointed the Octoshot is just a Tentatek-alike, but that's alright, at least it's a ripoff of an indisputably good weapon. And the rest of the level-up gear looks nice too.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
So the bonus unlocks are hero mode amour, cuttlefish's hat and the Octoling weapon - cool.
Guess this sinks the hope that 50 would unlock an Octoling skin.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Weapon File Names are as follows:
Heavy Splatling - Gatling Standard
Mini Splatling - Gatling Quick
Hydra Splatling - Gatling Hyper

Slosher - Big Ball Strong
Tri Slosher - Big Ball Diffusion

Let this sink in.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
The slosher specials and subs are kinda lack luster except for Deco

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
The slosher specials and subs are kinda lack luster except for Deco
I agree but I think they did that to balance out the Tri-Slosher. I don't imagine they would change the stats but with the added area that it would cover you probably wouldn't need anything else. Having said that I think Slosh Deco is going to be sick when it comes out ;)

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
I agree but I think they did that to balance out the Tri-Slosher. I don't imagine they would change the stats but with the added area that it would cover you probably wouldn't need anything else. Having said that I think Slosh Deco is going to be sick when it comes out ;)
Well, if you think about it, the Slosher deco's special isn't very viable. Kraken is usually made for close range weapons like the roller, but in this case, you'll probably be a distance away from your enemy. If you Kraken, your opponent Winn probably just lead you to your death by making you chase him around. When your kraken is done your basiclly dead. The splash wall is ok tho.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Well, if you think about it, the Slosher deco's special isn't very viable. Kraken is usually made for close range weapons like the roller, but in this case, you'll probably be a distance away from your enemy. If you Kraken, your opponent Winn probably just lead you to your death by making you chase him around. When your kraken is done your basiclly dead. The splash wall is ok tho.
Actually, you could just run away with the Kraken. Its mobility is unparallelled and it's invincible, so it's much better used for defense and escaping than attacking (except maybe ambushes). Also, I think you come out of the Kraken at full health, so you could get close with it and splash ink around as you return to kid form (not sure that would work, but maybe). I'm actually more worried about the Slosher Deco's sub, personally; Splash Wall doesn't seem that good on the Slosher, since it's a shortish-range weapon and best for firing over cover, so I don't see the point of giving that a wall to hide behind. Maybe it's for team-support, like the Inkbrush Nouveau's Bubbler?
But I dunno.
I'm more curious about the Mini Splatling. Will you be able to walk faster with it? Will it not fire as long? Will it have less range? Will it fire faster? Will it be weaker?
And also the Hydra Splatling. Is it more of an E-Liter-y Splatling, with amazing range but a longer charge time, or will it be something else? Because that's what it looks like to me, but I can't be sure.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Actually, you could just run away with the Kraken. Its mobility is unparallelled and it's invincible, so it's much better used for defense and escaping than attacking (except maybe ambushes). Also, I think you come out of the Kraken at full health, so you could get close with it and splash ink around as you return to kid form (not sure that would work, but maybe). I'm actually more worried about the Slosher Deco's sub, personally; Splash Wall doesn't seem that good on the Slosher, since it's a shortish-range weapon and best for firing over cover, so I don't see the point of giving that a wall to hide behind. Maybe it's for team-support, like the Inkbrush Nouveau's Bubbler?
But I dunno.
I'm more curious about the Mini Splatling. Will you be able to walk faster with it? Will it not fire as long? Will it have less range? Will it fire faster? Will it be weaker?
And also the Hydra Splatling. Is it more of an E-Liter-y Splatling, with amazing range but a longer charge time, or will it be something else? Because that's what it looks like to me, but I can't be sure.
I see your point but most people don't use the Kraken like that, which is why I explained it was bad for people who go all out aggressive with the kraken. I'm more curious about the original Tri-Slosher. I see tons of pros like the disrupters, super jumping away with the bubbler, more range, but there has to be a catch. I can't find it. I'm trying to see what's bad about the Tri Slosher with the information, but for some reason, all my brain can talk about is the Tri Slosher being good.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I see your point but most people don't use the Kraken like that, which is why I explained it was bad for people who go all out aggressive with the kraken. I'm more curious about the original Tri-Slosher. I see tons of pros like the disrupters, super jumping away with the bubbler, more range, but there has to be a catch. I can't find it. I'm trying to see what's bad about the Tri Slosher with the information, but for some reason, all my brain can talk about is the Tri Slosher being good.
Tiny range. Like, even less than the regular Slosher. But it'll be stronger (maybe a one-shot splat?), so it'll probably still be good.
And yeah, that's true about the Kraken. Why is that such a popular strategy (outside of Tower Control, it makes sense to me to rush the Tower with Krakens there)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom