Squad/Clan War Organization and Standards?

How many matches should end up being played in wars?

• 1 Match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Out of 3

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Out of 5

Votes: 46 63.0%
  • Out of 7

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • More than 7

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other method

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I had no idea there was a competitive Mario Kart community before this thread. We're probably going to see formats with plenty of matches, BO5 at the very least.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Don't jump the gun. I NEVER said MK wasn't competitive lol. I said that Mario Kart isn't as team based. Just because I said that Splatoon will be strategic doesn't mean I was implying Mario Kart isn't.
No I totally agree with you 100%. Mario Kart was/is super luck based and it caused the game to be unappealing to me for quite some time. I think that Splatoon, especially in splat zones, will become super competitive. I can't wait for this game to come out and see what type of tournaments we can make. I'm sorry for mis interpreting what you said and I am totally on your side for this conversation.

Langis

Full Squid
NNID
LangisQc
Best of 5 is better imo since th matches are only 3 minutes long, which would make it so one set/match is only 15 minutes long, turf war would be better i think cuz in splat zones you only play in one specific area and only have one roll, to take that zone while in turf war people can stay back and cover zones without danger will some run in or others camp, there is a lot more depth in turf war

AceBen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
bigbenlondon
I genuinely think 7 or more, seeing as if it is organised, there shouldn't be much time to wait in the lobby before the match.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Best of 5 is better imo since th matches are only 3 minutes long, which would make it so one set/match is only 15 minutes long, turf war would be better i think cuz in splat zones you only play in one specific area and only have one roll, to take that zone while in turf war people can stay back and cover zones without danger will some run in or others camp, there is a lot more depth in turf war
There's really no point in playing organized matches if they're 15 minutes long. Like I mentioned earlier you'll spend more time looking than playing. Mario Kart 8 is part of a developed franchise and even shortly after release teams were spending upwards of 2 hours looking for a match.

RobinClair

Inkling
NNID
RobinClair
I'm very much down for 5 of 7

With a group voice chat over Skype or Google Hangouts

Sycho

Lurking in the Ink.
NNID
Sychotix23
Switch Friend Code
SW-5767-2138-7496
Best of 5 seems about right for how short the matches are and maybe have finals be a best of 7.

RocketClauncher

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RocketClauncher
Best of 5 seems about right for how short the matches are and maybe have finals be a best of 7.
Yeah I like this idea! Seems the most logical and for larger squad tournaments having an extra match or two in a best of 7 for finals could really make a difference in that level of competitive play.

Setu

That is, assuming that multiple clan tourneys will exist, having there are enough clans and people are will to organize them. I feel like team leagues will be more common than singular tournaments, but that's just me. Still curious on what rainmaker mode is..... And whether tower control will count as Splatoon's CTF mode.

Langis

Full Squid
NNID
LangisQc
Lets not forget, there are going to be tournaments, which means it has to run on time, 15 minutes for a match isnt too short and isnt too long, its a typical set, and i like the idea of finals being best of 7. I'm not the most informed on tournaments for teams but i think theere are going to be a lot of teams so one match shouldnt be 45-60 minutes long.

Setu

Lets not forget, there are going to be tournaments, which means it has to run on time, 15 minutes for a match isnt too short and isnt too long, its a typical set, and i like the idea of finals being best of 7. I'm not the most informed on tournaments for teams but i think theere are going to be a lot of teams so one match shouldnt be 45-60 minutes long.
15 minutes is a typical set in smash bros or possibly other 1v1 games. Team games will inevitably have to be longer than that since organization itself will end up being 15+ minutes, so why have a match that is shorter than the time it takes to get started? Team games have more potential for comebacks as well, so longer is better, it just can't be too long. All people that aren't coming from online competitive team play will realize how stressful/time consuming it is to set up and start a match.

Langis

Full Squid
NNID
LangisQc
maybe 30 minutes than, I still would like for finals to have a few more battles

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Out of 3 is probably the best option IMO, Out of 5 could also be viable I imagine.

Setu

No one wants to play for less time than it takes to set up the match, especially if there are 8 members. And tournaments may not even happen, but clan wars will.

Langis

Full Squid
NNID
LangisQc
yeah thats what i said but apparently the preparation would take a lot of time and o you dont want a match shorter than the preparation, but im not sure , i dont watch cod or halo

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
I feel like it should be best of 3 with Winner's Bracket Finals, Loser Bracket Finals and Grand Finals being best of 5. That's how it's done in othe Esports. Then again Splatoon matches are short. So it could be best of 5 with at the finals being best of 7. I think either would work

Langis

Full Squid
NNID
LangisQc
As long as finals are longer, but imo Bo3 is wayyyyy too short and I've been convinced that Bo5 is too short for the organization needed, so Bo7 would logically be preferable.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Best of seven would make the most sense with how short the matches are and everything. Also from what I've seen this game seems to be really swingy, basically your team can lose your advantage on the map in a heartbeat, and gain it back as quick. So having a longer series would help differentiate the teams who can consistently perform, as opposed to the ones that rely on last second desperate pushes over consistent map pressure and domination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom