• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Science Extravaganza

Hey there squids and kids! Ever wanted to be Krill Nye but just didn't have the talent? Love science but not sure how to apply it to inking turf? Fortunately, Nintendojo can do the science for us! This Youtube channel has been releasing small clips that help demonstrate the difference between abilities gear can hold so players can know the real difference and make the best decisions going into battle. Here's an example:

Need to run fast outside of squidform, but can't decide if risking Opening Gambit is worth it or if stacking Run Speed Up will really make the difference? A 19 second clip is all it takes to get a little knowledge on the situation so squids and kids alike can suit up proper before heading into battle. How about another clip?

Sneaky or fast? Ninja Squid or Swim Speed Up? What about both? This Squid Science clip shows just how much each of these abilities can change speeds even with stacking as is highly useful when determining which abilities to use. Onto another clip!

Super Jumping into battle can be very important: it sends inkling back into the battle quickly so they can keep on Splatting while covering ground. But maybe inklings want to take a sneakier approach as well without losing too much speed. This clip shows how Quick Super Jump and Stealth Jump interact, and how they look like alone compared to the standard jump. Use this to help decide the best Super Jump strategies.

This last Squid Science video shows just how far those Bomb Range Ups can really make those sub weapons fly. Use this to get them to an ideal ranger and splat those opponents!

Hopefully this was an enjoyable look at some science for all those aspiring Splatoon players out there. Start really thinking about the abilities on gear, but still be sure to stay fresh!

Comments

Ayyyyyy thanks for plugging my channel :] I'll be updating the swim speed/super jump videos once the 1.3 patch comes out! We also have a bunch of new Squid Science videos planned!

Edit: Can't forget to show my boy @Kairo some love for helping out with the most recent squid science video (and future squid science videos) as well! Check out his awesome MK8 stuff if you're into that type of stuff!

Last edited:
I think these videos are important at showing why Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump needed nerfing.

It takes 2 Swim speed up subs to counter Ninja Squid, (Heck, one made it almost equal).

And it takes 1 Super jump up sub to counter stealth jump.

Iv'e watched these videos right from the 1st upload. I'm very grateful for them and enjoy the science behind them but at this stage i'm unsure how to interpret the info into real world play. I still find it mighty confusing figuring out what to go for and at this stage i'm just picking upgrades based on my own play style rather than what might be best for my weapon of choice. Hopefully when they are all complete it will become a bit clearer to assess which are best for any chosen weapon.
Interested to know what people think the best upgrades are for the Aerospray RG. Great work Nintendojo!

I could never really see the difference in actual game play, so these videos really help showcase that these things do make a difference, even if it's small or subtle.

I could never really see the difference in actual game play, so these videos really help showcase that these things do make a difference, even if it's small or subtle.
Glad I could help :]

Iv'e watched these videos right from the 1st upload. I'm very grateful for them and enjoy the science behind them but at this stage i'm unsure how to interpret the info into real world play. I still find it mighty confusing figuring out what to go for and at this stage i'm just picking upgrades based on my own play style rather than what might be best for my weapon of choice. Hopefully when they are all complete it will become a bit clearer to assess which are best for any chosen weapon.
Interested to know what people think the best upgrades are for the Aerospray RG. Great work Nintendojo!
Thanks for sticking around since the beginning then!
Great job looking forward to more from you @AKA
Thank you so much :)
I think these videos are important at showing why Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump needed nerfing.

It takes 2 Swim speed up subs to counter Ninja Squid, (Heck, one made it almost equal).

And it takes 1 Super jump up sub to counter stealth jump.
Glad they're helpful for ya! I'm really interested to see how these abilities will be touched after the nerf so definitely stay tuned for Squid Science videos on these! I'm glad they nerfed abilities I already did videos on because this could lead to a pretty interesting comparison!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom