• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Sisters Live coming to France

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yep, me! Gonna spend most of today getting things ready for tomorrow because I might as well check out other things while I’m at the convention center. I’ll post here to tell you all how it was!
(Ignore my envy.) Awesome!

Enjoy it. Be safe. Have fun.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
So here I am, reporting in as promised!

Headed to the concert hall about 10 minutes early. I would’ve gone earlier, but I kinda got lost… I still made it in without any problem. There were two cosplayers in the line near me—one Callie, one Marie, both with really well-made outfits, wigs and colored contacts. The line was long, but it moved fast. We were all given glowsticks of any random color when we came in. I got a purple one, which works out pretty well since Callie’s my favorite. Everyone was standing wherever—I went to the right side, pretty close to the scene. Unfortunately, I’m short so I didn’t see the whole hologram screen, only the top of it (but the top screen was in plain view). I could’ve gotten closer, but not only would I have seen less, I also would’ve hurt my ears. Seriously, the music was so loud! And I know it’s not just me being hypersensitive to sound (because I am), because I overheard someone complain that the concert was really loud. And I feel like the volume actually hurt the performance because I couldn’t focus as well on the music itself. Anyway, I make the concert sound like it was a horrible experience, but far from it. I had a big smile plastered on my face the whole time and cheered along with everyone else!

Songs-wise, it was exactly the same as the Japanese version of the concert. I believe there were very slight variations in some songs, notably Calamari Inkantation. As for Callie and Marie’s dialogue, they commented on the venue and also said we in France had our very own Inkopolis Tower. The crowd was noticeably louder than the Japanese crowd was, or I guess to be more accurate, they were loud more often. (And lazier with waving their glowsticks!) The audience shouted Marie’s name a couple times, but I don’t think the same happened for Callie (what gives?). The people playing the music live seemed really into it and delivered a great performance! The end of the concert was a little abrupt, the Squid Sisters just left without saying anything. People were hoping there’d be more but realized quickly that wouldn’t be the case.

On the way out, everyone was given a poster! That’s pretty much it. Later on, I swung by the Nintendo booth to check things out. Saw one of the day’s Splatoon competition matches on the big screen before waiting in line to play Turf casually with other con-goers. The match was on Kelp Dome; I picked the Tempered Dynamo and went and got 11/0… The only other S+ level player that I knew of in the match was on my team, too. I feel a little bad for those who were just trying to have fun and ended up facing high-level players…

Some info on Nintendo’s Splatoon competitive build for those interested: as far as I could tell, every single weapon was available to use, as well as every piece of gear with no subs unlocked. However, we weren’t allowed to use anything other than the default gear. (I tried to switch gear by reflex, but one of the Nintendo staff reminded me it wasn’t allowed. So it seems like it’s technically possible, at the very least.)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So Paris is full of Marie fans. Oh Callie. Now I can't help but imagine all of Marie's dialogue done in a snooty French accent, per the US stereotypical perception of the French.

Despite my jealously, I'm glad you went and had fun. =3

But I would have like to watch the con-goers play turf and then watch them face off against you and the other S ranker. xD

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
So Paris is full of Marie fans. Oh Callie. Now I can't help but imagine all of Marie's dialogue done in a snooty French accent, per the US stereotypical perception of the French.

Despite my jealously, I'm glad you went and had fun. =3

But I would have like to watch the con-goers play turf and then watch them face off against you and the other S ranker. xD
Fun fact: Marie is a pretty common French name! I can kinda see the French accent thing, too. Here’s hoping you guys can get a concert soon as well!

To be fair, I almost got splatted a couple of times. Pretty sure I only survived thanks to the opponents’ bad aim? Or maybe it was an effect of there being no lag at all, somehow?

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
No lag? No lag?! That sounds so~ magical! *daydreams*
Or at least, I would assume that there was no lag, since it was a local setup. I'm not so well-versed in the technicalities, but surely that would reduce or eliminate lag, right?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
A close friend of mine was working backstage during this concert! I love knowing people who have the opportunity to do awesome things! I bet the concert was amazing! (The one at Tokaigi was!)

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Watching this, I was right: they really did make some changes to the songs. Can you believe I didn’t even hear those guitar solos? It was so loud I couldn’t even make out the music! Also, this is just personal taste, but I prefer the Japanese version of the songs over the French version. Again, I’m making it sound like it wasn’t fun, but it really was :p

A close friend of mine was working backstage during this concert! I love knowing people who have the opportunity to do awesome things! I bet the concert was amazing! (The one at Tokaigi was!)
I spotted someone going backstage during the concert, maybe that was them? It’d be cool if that was the case!

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Watching this, I was right: they really did make some changes to the songs. Can you believe I didn’t even hear those guitar solos? It was so loud I couldn’t even make out the music! Also, this is just personal taste, but I prefer the Japanese version of the songs over the French version.
I think the European sound team mixed the bass too deep and sacrificed the upper range, the drums and bass have a super strong boom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom