• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidbaggers are funny.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So, squidbaggers. They're a thing. But I'm here to say they're a thing you can turn to your advantage!

Something I've noticed that people who taunt in the squid game to cause salt in others tend to be prone to salt themselves. This can be exploited. If you think an opponent might be salty, or they've been taunting, after you kill them do a very short squid bag, like press the button just 2 or 3 times over half a second. If that person gets any further kills they will usually lose their minds taunting and bagging as long as the killcam is up and not playing the game. I've actually won matches like this - in one case, the opponent was actually quite good but taunting without end, so I did the brief bag mentioned above. He was alone, his whole team dead, with my team swarming the tower. He gets a lucky shot and kills me and goes nuts, bagging nonstop... and my team literally sails past him to the goal, knockout victory. He won the battle but lost the war, hah, if he had actually played I think he had the skill to take the tower, but nah, salt created more salt.

You know, back when Splatoon 2 was relevant I used to get enraged about squidbaggers and taunting in general. Kinda silly, looking at it now. Thought I'd take a moment to share. Keep your cool and use your opponent's immaturity against them!

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Congratulations, you're figuring out the basics of psychological warfare.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Considering how many people whine about this or that in the game and still lose their minds over being taunted (just look at all the "scrubquote" accounts on twitter) you'd think someone might benefit from hearing this, but then competitive games never did attract the most pleasant people.

Cephalobro

Well, just had one today and surprise surprise, it's the typical one who wears the tackiest gear combinations possible.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I somehow feel lucky and I'm probably jinxing it, but I have not really seen squidbaggers or squidpartiers/griefers in S3. Being able to squidparty in the lobby between matches has mostly alleviated the non-stop-relentless ruined matches by squidpartiers in S2, and makes parties fun. I've seen maybe 1 party. I've seen handfuls of "friendly squidbaggers" in lobbies, only one salty/aggressive one, the others are more like the few flops Dess mentioned, usually after they land a well earned kill while I'm the hard to hit evasive most targeted player in most lobbies. If it's TW those tend lead to friendly rivalries ending in friend requests.

The matchmaking and networking in the game is a disgrace, but the players have generally been awesome and even bad teammates are generally good players, just out of their league for a lobby.

Cephalobro

I have seen three squidpartiers who squidpartied during a match, but I ended up reporting them after the match. But I never report those who only squidparty between matches since no kind of grief whatsoever is being done.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I have seen three squidpartiers who squidpartied during a match, but I ended up reporting them after the match. But I never report those who only squidparty between matches since no kind of grief whatsoever is being done.
Oh, yeah lobby parties are fair game, I usually join in, it's fun team comradery that carries over into the match with more of a sense of cohesion, more booyahs, etc. I'm seeing most lobbies now congregate into lobby parties between matches, and it's great.

Splatoon 2 was a nightmare though were every 3rd match was just griefers/partiers in-match "this way! this way!" with passive aggressive "no shooting, no shooting, SPLAT!" bipolar squids. I think the new lobby ghosts solved that problem nicely.

Can't explain the lack of squidbaggers I'm seeing though. Either the S3 player base is just more mature for now, or I've just been lucky with polite lobbies.

Cephalobro

Can't explain the lack of squidbaggers I'm seeing though. Either the S3 player base is just more mature for now, or I've just been lucky with polite lobbies.
I think it has to do with the fact that the reporting system for matches is actually in-game this time, thus making it a lot easier for people to be reported. This inevitably makes more people scared to squidbag than before.

OneCoolCat

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6465-7408-0406
I find the only acceptable time, in general, to Squidbag is at the end of Salmon Run or when the team beat Cohozuna. A good celebration and party is always a good time.
Oh and I almost forgot in the lobby as well. But I prefer a good game of Leap Squid/Octo myself.

Doodlebob

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2543-4511-3432
I usually only squidbag in retaliation. If I'm really salty, I probably ended up targeting someone very specifically.
I have a perfect example for the squidbag thing, too.
A month or two ago, somebody squidbagged a teammate, so I chased them and splatted them. Me and different teammate proceeded to squidbag the enemy in retaliation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom