• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squidbagging Opinions

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
And squidbagging has been a controversial debate since the first game. And has anyone come up with a solution for this? Someone's gotta deal with this issue. Someone's gotta be punished for their immature behavior. They brought that upon themselves for choosing to do it.
Bruh. You can literally report them for seabagging now.

Open the switch app on your phone. Go to your last matches. Select the match in question, select the user(s) who seabagged, report them for unsportsmanlike behavior, and write seabagging in the details. There, done, the user is gonna get what's coming to them once enough people report them. Furthermore, you can block these people.

There is literally no need to pull a full "the cold-blooded avenger" card in a squid game. There is literally no justifying punishing two other people in such an immature way over one immature kid who's been literally just spamming ZL (and basically rewarding his efforts by throwing a match. Good boi. That's gonna teach em! Not. You're basically proving that this got to you and they'll keep doing that lol)

Also, unless you're ignoring this aspect on purpose, still don't quite seem to understand that you're basically fighting fire with explosives here.

Seabagging is bad and reportable, but it doesn't affect matches in the same way as throwing them entirely. Like, uhm, thanks for being "one of those" people who contributed to my collection of late DCs and blatant throwers who caused my S+9 bar to reset. Big thancc. You're the hero we needed. Now be prepared to take all the responsibility that comes with your position. Because people dislike throwers waaaay more than taunters.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I don't take squidbagging seriously-- this ironically coming from a semi competitive gamer in general.
I usually end up laughing if anything because of how funny it looks and sounds, but I just keep playing because I'm sort of aware that it doesn't always denote some sort of mockery, or negativity.

I feel like there's been a thread like this before, and I explained about my experience back in Splatoon 1 where there was one person who kept squid bagging me in turf, and by the end of our sessions I got a friend request from that person; who also found me on discord, and we ended up being friends after discussing our matches.

Although, that being said...
I still do end up squid bagging people back who do it to me, Bwa ha ha!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Bruh. You can literally report them for seabagging now.

Open the switch app on your phone. Go to your last matches. Select the match in question, select the user(s) who seabagged, report them for unsportsmanlike behavior, and write seabagging in the details. There, done, the user is gonna get what's coming to them once enough people report them. Furthermore, you can block these people.

There is literally no need to pull a full "the cold-blooded avenger" card in a squid game. There is literally no justifying punishing two other people in such an immature way over one immature kid who's been literally just spamming ZL (and basically rewarding his efforts by throwing a match. Good boi. That's gonna teach em! Not. You're basically proving that this got to you and they'll keep doing that lol)

Also, unless you're ignoring this aspect on purpose, still don't quite seem to understand that you're basically fighting fire with explosives here.

Seabagging is bad and reportable, but it doesn't affect matches in the same way as throwing them entirely. Like, uhm, thanks for being "one of those" people who contributed to my collection of late DCs and blatant throwers who caused my S+9 bar to reset. Big thancc. You're the hero we needed. Now be prepared to take all the responsibility that comes with your position. Because people dislike throwers waaaay more than taunters.
I've heard it doesn't work. Is that true?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
And squidbagging has been a controversial debate since the first game. And has anyone come up with a solution for this? Someone's gotta deal with this issue. Someone's gotta be punished for their immature behavior. They brought that upon themselves for choosing to do it.
guys look at me i throw games to punish people who taunt in a video game im so high and mighty im morally greater than those people haHAA turning something minuscule into a much bigger issue because internet points guys look im so cool i punish those baggers for mashing zl by being even more useless than them

I've heard it doesn't work. Is that true?
I've never seen anyone get banned from a Splatnet report but I mean I've seen people saying they have? idk i don't report anyways it's too much effort for a minor inconvenience like squidbagging

Shy™

Inkling
NNID
ShyGuyStudios
Switch Friend Code
SW-2943-2198-5306
I personally don't have a problem with squidbagging. Though there is a time and place. If the whole team is just having a squid party instead of (etc) getting the Rainmaker or collecting clams, and you're the only one doing work, than I'd have a problem and squidbagging would be inappropriate to do.

SolaireMomo

Inkling
NNID
solairemomo
This is still a debate? Either you reciprocate or move on. I usually just do the latter. More satisfying to ignore them and keep killing them. Seabaggers are usually the least productive on the results screen anyways.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I only do it back or if I feel like someone has been targeting only me then I’ll squid bag after a kill. Or trolls...I’ll squidbag someone just trolling the match. I don’t report or block squidbaggers....just deliberate game throwers.

Punishing that one player is all I ever need.
Lmao!!

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
What I don't understand is why people start doing it right before the end of the match when they're clearly on the losing team, and are about to get some curbstomb battle results.

If you wipe a team, then I won't mind you doing it. Chances are, it took a well placed Special or some skill to pull that off, especially on something like Turf War where teams usually aren't cluttered together the way they are in something like Tower Control. (assuming they're actually riding the tower... which is unlikely)

eeeeh honestly as long as it’s short and sweet and they move on from it it’s just a goofy n harmless lil taunt
in ranked it’s sort of a waste of time but in the end it’s just a lighthearted lil gesture of “hee hoo ur dead”
i’ll only squidbag if im playing with my pals because they know i’m just bein silly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom