• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards is Looking for Volunteer Moderators! + SQSS Update

Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well, staying safe, and staying healthy as we progress further into this new year.

We truly appreciate those of you that have stuck around, and the new members that have joined us. We're looking forward to Splatoon 3, and more good times to be had with both the two current Splatoon titles, as well as Splatoon 3.

That said, we're looking to add to our staff team here on the forums. Particularly, we are looking for moderators who can help us keep the site clean of spam and bots, and otherwise.

This role would be completely voluntarily, with no work amount obligation. As in, feel free to lend a hand when you can, or when you might happen across something while using the site. There is no time or work minimum that needs to be met. We're just hoping to find some users that might be interested in helping maintain the forums in some of their free time.

If this sounds like an opportunity you might be interested in, please send me a DM at your convenience!

--

On another note, our event team is also working on the next installment of the Squidboards Splat Series. Expect news on the next event in the near future! Thanks again to all who participated last month, and we look forward to having you back, and hopefully more, for our next event.

Thanks all!

TheRapture

Comments

You know I’m gonna do my best to get mod!!
Ok well I’m sorry to say that I cannot take mod. I just cannot head back to Discord. Too many bad memories and decisions have popped back into my mind for me to go back there. If I did not have to join the discord, I would be mod in a heartbeat. I want to help this site, I really do, I just think that the risk outweighs the benefits of mod privileges. If there is a way for you to contact me other than discord, say email, I would be happy to comply.

Been awhile Rapture but yeah, the bot spam was pretty bad for awhile, with all the fake university and other scams going through all the boards at one point...if you need a hand I will am more than willing to help with moderation

I echo what Mr.Moth said… too many bad memories on Discord to go back, otherwise I would have applied before anyone could even blink… I want to do everything in my power to protect this community but I cannot go back to Discord, it is too traumatic. I’m so sorry…

As long as you don't abuse your power as a mod, it should be fine. You know what they say, with great power comes great responsibility.

Last edited:
I'd love to help somehow, moderator or not. The only problem is the lack of time I spend on here which I am fixing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom