• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Transition Thoughts

Wotter

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0065-9094-5335
Sendou integration idea got me really excited

Celyn

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6477-8908-9474
wait if sendou actually could collaborate or make something on sendou.ink linking to here, thatd be insane and the reach would be so much better and more accessible :o

Sleepy8500

Inkling
Pronouns
Male
NNID
XXDogssXX
Switch Friend Code
SW-4411-8611-4919
Hopefully we get all of that updates

Maskavado

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
id like for them to add a pronouns option for Account Details, and maybe show your Splashtag in your profile or when you hover over someone's pfp, i think that'd be cool

edit- maybe just a quick Splatoon 3 banner update since its all very Splatoon 2 styled and that may deter ppl from joining

Mjmannella

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6515-6020-5729
I think some personalization features would go a long ways for the forum. Stuff like light mode, text spacing, and maybe custom titles that aren't strictly tied to posts and reactions.
Edit: Splatoon 3 emotes would be very nice as well!

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
id like for them to add a pronouns option for Account Details, and maybe show your Splashtag in your profile or when you hover over someone's pfp, i think that'd be cool

edit- maybe just a quick Splatoon 3 banner update since its all very Splatoon 2 styled and that may deter ppl from joining
This was recently done. Can be found in Account Details.

Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Daboom
Switch Friend Code
SW-2831-6835-6599
Hello everyone, I am Tidal!

I am a new member to Squidboards, and I am very happy to be here. I've been playing Splatoon since August 2015, but unfortunately never joined Squidboards until now. I am very excited to see the revival of this platform, and honestly hope it out-performs Twitter's Splatoon community.

However, it's clear there is work that needs to be done. So here's what I'd like to see in the future!

• Mobile App: Having a mobile UI interface will expand it's usage by a large count. It's convenient, and nice too!
  • Update the UI: This one is a obvious one, update it to Splatoon 3.
  • Profile Badges: It would be super cool and incentive to have unique badges like sendou has on this platform to encourage others to participate in conversations!
  • [Edit]Sendou.ink Integration: I would like to see Sendou take some parts on here and help integrate Squidboards x Sendou. It is a huge ask, but I think it would make the Splatoon community so much better to have 1 site dedicated to the entire franchise.
I was also wanting to see if there could be a way to follow everyone I follow on twitter here as well as the ability to search for profiles since right now I can only search for profile post, so if you havent made a post to your profile it seems impossible to find the persons profile.

moonleay

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0331-7101-0460
I was more thinking of a actual dedicated app towards it lol
A dedicated app would be awesome and feasible too, since there is some kind of api already.
Though you'll have to keep in mind, that creating such an app would be a huge time commitment. Additionally, there is the issue of platforms. For example in order to even start development on an iOS app you would need a mac, as well as a development license (if you don't have a jailbroken iOS device), which costs a lot of money.
Ofc you could use multiplatform stacks, like React native or Compose Multiplatform, but you would still need a mac to compile for iOS, let alone the license to distribute it (iOS does not support sideloading currently). Android has a similar issue with distribution, since it also requires you to pay in order to publish an app. (Though sideloading could mitigate that in this case.)
Lastly I thing that there may not be enough demand to justify such a high price (in price and time).

I would be thrilled though, if it were to happen! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom