Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0065-9094-5335
Sendou integration idea got me really excited

Celyn

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6477-8908-9474
wait if sendou actually could collaborate or make something on sendou.ink linking to here, thatd be insane and the reach would be so much better and more accessible :o

Sleepy8500

Inkling
Pronouns
Male
NNID
XXDogssXX
Switch Friend Code
SW-4411-8611-4919
Hopefully we get all of that updates

Maskavado

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
id like for them to add a pronouns option for Account Details, and maybe show your Splashtag in your profile or when you hover over someone's pfp, i think that'd be cool

edit- maybe just a quick Splatoon 3 banner update since its all very Splatoon 2 styled and that may deter ppl from joining

Mjmannella

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6515-6020-5729
I think some personalization features would go a long ways for the forum. Stuff like light mode, text spacing, and maybe custom titles that aren't strictly tied to posts and reactions.
Edit: Splatoon 3 emotes would be very nice as well!

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
id like for them to add a pronouns option for Account Details, and maybe show your Splashtag in your profile or when you hover over someone's pfp, i think that'd be cool

edit- maybe just a quick Splatoon 3 banner update since its all very Splatoon 2 styled and that may deter ppl from joining
This was recently done. Can be found in Account Details.

Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Daboom
Switch Friend Code
SW-2831-6835-6599
Hello everyone, I am Tidal!

I am a new member to Squidboards, and I am very happy to be here. I've been playing Splatoon since August 2015, but unfortunately never joined Squidboards until now. I am very excited to see the revival of this platform, and honestly hope it out-performs Twitter's Splatoon community.

However, it's clear there is work that needs to be done. So here's what I'd like to see in the future!

• Mobile App: Having a mobile UI interface will expand it's usage by a large count. It's convenient, and nice too!
  • Update the UI: This one is a obvious one, update it to Splatoon 3.
  • Profile Badges: It would be super cool and incentive to have unique badges like sendou has on this platform to encourage others to participate in conversations!
  • [Edit]Sendou.ink Integration: I would like to see Sendou take some parts on here and help integrate Squidboards x Sendou. It is a huge ask, but I think it would make the Splatoon community so much better to have 1 site dedicated to the entire franchise.
I was also wanting to see if there could be a way to follow everyone I follow on twitter here as well as the ability to search for profiles since right now I can only search for profile post, so if you havent made a post to your profile it seems impossible to find the persons profile.

moonleay

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0331-7101-0460
I was more thinking of a actual dedicated app towards it lol
A dedicated app would be awesome and feasible too, since there is some kind of api already.
Though you'll have to keep in mind, that creating such an app would be a huge time commitment. Additionally, there is the issue of platforms. For example in order to even start development on an iOS app you would need a mac, as well as a development license (if you don't have a jailbroken iOS device), which costs a lot of money.
Ofc you could use multiplatform stacks, like React native or Compose Multiplatform, but you would still need a mac to compile for iOS, let alone the license to distribute it (iOS does not support sideloading currently). Android has a similar issue with distribution, since it also requires you to pay in order to publish an app. (Though sideloading could mitigate that in this case.)
Lastly I thing that there may not be enough demand to justify such a high price (in price and time).

I would be thrilled though, if it were to happen! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom