• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squidboards Under New Ownership

Squidboards-Future.png

Squids,

After over a decade as it's steward, AlphaZealot will be stepping down as the owner of Squidboards. As of June 1st, 2023, his company Xyelot, LLC has sold Squidboards to Equistellar Media, Inc, a company owned by myself which will serve as the business entity for Smashboards and Squidboards going forward.

As long time members of the Smash community, both myself and AlphaZealot understand the importance of Smashboards and the history contained there. Ensuring it's longevity and survival was one of the guiding reasons he acquired the site from MLG in 2012 and is the reason I have chosen now to do the same. In collaboration with TheRapture we later launched Squidboards as a sister website in 2015 using our years of experience with Smashboards, and we will continue to support it in the future.

As we look forward, I aim to explore ways to allow Squidboards to better serve the Splatoon community. This site was launched in a very different era for gaming communities and we can do better to support the current ecosystem.

For the website itself, all transfers and updates have already been made, so there will be no downtime for the site. In the immediate future, there is only one actual change that will be happening to the site for our
Premium users. As Squidboards is now under a new business entity, Premium payments will have to be updated as there is no process for us to transfer them.

If you currently have Premium, you will keep it until the original end of it's cycle after which it will not auto-renew. If you would to keep your Premium subscription and continue to support the site afterwards, you will need to subscribe again once it expires.

We appreciate all of you who allow us to keep the site running with your support!

I am excited to see what the future of both Smash and Splatoon have in store for us and I am eternally grateful for Chris' leadership for the site as well as his other countless contributions to the Smash scene as a whole. I hope you'll join me in expressing my gratitude to him and wishing him and his wife well as they soon embark on a new journey as parents!

Warchamp7

Comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom