Squids and/or Kids of Squidboards, have you ever played against a hacker?

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I haven't myself, but I've seen videos of people hacking in both S1 and S3. Any stories from everyone else?

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I don't think so. It'd be very difficult to notice the difference between a hacker and a laggy player for me since weird lag issues happen all the time. I'm sure it happens often in X Rank though.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
In S1, definitely. Occasionally I'm playing a game and then the entire map is just the other team's color now. More rarely I'll encounter someone with more advanced hacks (throwing splat or burst bombs every frame, etc) but generally it's just... the map is pink now, good luck. The most annoying part though is that you might actually start to get an advantage back, you have a perimeter of ink around you, and then it'll all go back to the other team's color again. It's even worse in splat zones since paint is the literal objective. (Not turf war though. Not because it wouldn't be broken but because i haven't encountered hackers in turf. There's no incentive to hack ig)

this is how they should buff sprinkler. make it do this, then it'll be the strongest sub in the game and won't ruin any more kits

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
ive definitely played w/ a few hackers back in s1. i also remember this person named agent 4 who would show up in the plaza with white ink and i was fascinated by them at the time lol. i dont think ive ever seen any hackers in s2/s3 tho. a couple months ago i fought someone who i thought was aimbotting but i watched the replay back and i think they were just really good at manipulating tetras falloff lmao

Tereox

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
I encountered a couple hackers in Splatoon 2 (they appeared like the moment Splatoon 3 came out)

Whole map turned their colour. Pretty annoying when that refreshes every couple seconds.

(Though that might make a cool challenge. To have the entire map painted. Your half in the enemy's ink colour and the enemy's in your ink colour.)

Rat L. Boy

Inkster Jr.
I’ve played against so many hackers in S1. Sometimes they paint the whole map their color, or throw insane amounts of burst bombs, or fly around shooting Killer Wails. Other times they make the map night time with Splatfest music, or make the ink blindingly white, or hack in some flag or something they wear. They kinda died down after they brought back S1’s online tho.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Yes but only in Splatoon 1, it was so crazy lol, I'm going to miss those days.... I do have a feeling that since splatoon 1 is now unplayable the hackers will move to splatoon 2, so if you haven't experienced a hacker yet, you may see some soon 💀.

Ratatoonie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dogeyu
Switch Friend Code
SW-0965-6733-4594
I fought a hacker in Splatoon 1 once! It was on Ancho-V-Games on rainmaker, they grabbed the rainmaker and flew to a high point of the map, but I used inkstrike and killed them and most (if not all) of their team with it LOL we actually won that match too! :D

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
the closest I've gotten to a hacker is 777maddness getting in my S rank game
IMG_1589.jpeg
IMG_1588.jpeg

Last edited:

shirpless

Inkling
Miraculously, while I've seen clips & warnings of them, I never encountered any in Splat 2 & 3. And I don't have Splat 1.

QuagSass

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I've played with and againts hackers in s1. Most of the time they just painted the entire map once and then dipped, which is quite the power move tbh
Saw a burst spammer once I think, well didn't really see them with how badly the game was lagging, but y'know

Cephalobro

I was lucky enough not to encounter one unless you count that one time in which the Tower reached its destination and wasn't counted as a win because the host disconnected. But I just think it was the host messing with the internet just to prevent the win from those who earned the win.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I played a match yesterday where the tower got stuck at 60-something on their side of the map, no matter who was on it. It was after three or four people disconnected, and it did that thing that sometimes happens (even in splatoon 3 occasionally) where the timer will get to 0 and the game won't end. But the timer stayed at 0 for like five minutes, and nothing else about the match seemed laggy, so I'm now realizing that probably was a hacker.

Cephalobro

That's what probably happened in the match I played too. If this is the case, Nintendo needs to tighten their servers before they become infested with hackers like what happened with Mario Kart Wii back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom