Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
I made the tags for the squad-tiers
Quads: Q.S-S
Squidbeaks: S.S-S
Rising Squids: R.S-S
Junior Squids: J.S-S

Oh! Someone need to update the information page. And put a placeholder for the cover photo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
I made the tags for the squad-tiers
Quads: Q.S-S
Squidbeaks: S.S-S
Rising Squids: R.S-S
Junior Squids: J.S-S
Hi Ale, I was thinking something similar, but then I remembered that our IGN's can only be 10 characters including spaces. So with these tags, e.g. "Q.S-S Icky" and "Q.S-S Ale" will just barely fit. Splats and Rowan (unless Rowan has no space between tag and his nickname) won't fit in with those tags. So perhaps we should revise the tags to maybe "QS-S" or "QSS" even. Or Splats and Rowan could change their IGNs to be "QS-S Sean" or "QS-S Splat" and "QS-S Rowan".

What do you guys think? Either way, I think we should drop the periods from the tags to give that extra character for our nicknames.

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
Hi Ale, I was thinking something similar, but then I remembered that our IGN's can only be 10 characters including spaces. So with these tags, e.g. "Q.S-S Icky" and "Q.S-S Ale" will just barely fit. Splats and Rowan (unless Rowan has no space between tag and his nickname) won't fit in with those tags. So perhaps we should revise the tags to maybe "QS-S" or "QSS" even. Or Splats and Rowan could change their IGNs to be "QS-S Sean" or "QS-S Splat" and "QS-S Rowan".

What do you guys think? Either way, I think we should drop the periods from the tags to give that extra character for our nicknames.
Okay we'll ditch the period in the tags

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
Hi boiz,

Just letting you know that I recently sent out a big welcome message to all of our new (and some old) squad members that contained short intros for all of us mods, the squad's rules, and our most recent news like the competitive tiers, Discord and Skype chatting, cleaning out of the Members and Squad Walls, and the next thing I'll be working on over the weekend - it's called Kewl Kids n Squids!

My idea for this is similar to my previous idea of themed private battles, except now the whole squad will get the chance to vote on what we should do for an event next. I'll be posting the new thread with a poll attached for the first three ideas to be voted on, with a look towards having our first event on the weekend after next (10/30/2015 to 11/01/2015).

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
Hi boiz,

Just letting you know that I recently sent out a big welcome message to all of our new (and some old) squad members that contained short intros for all of us mods, the squad's rules, and our most recent news like the competitive tiers, Discord and Skype chatting, cleaning out of the Members and Squad Walls, and the next thing I'll be working on over the weekend - it's called Kewl Kids n Squids!

My idea for this is similar to my previous idea of themed private battles, except now the whole squad will get the chance to vote on what we should do for an event next. I'll be posting the new thread with a poll attached for the first three ideas to be voted on, with a look towards having our first event on the weekend after next (10/30/2015 to 11/01/2015).
Icky wth?! HOW U DO SO MUCH AND I DON'T EVEN NOTICE!? I would give you a pay raise...but I can't, sooo...

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
WHAAT?! But Rowanuki got a $0.01 payrise? I demand the minimum wage ROFL.

Seriously though, I guess just love doing things for the squad when i have a bit of free time. Don't worry about it ;)

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
Hi boiz, important update:

Now that our competitive squad is created, I'm going to begin searching for a squad to become a regular scrimmage partner. I was thinking maybe Paradise or SquidsNextDoor - LOL jk jk. Seriously though, I'm going to ask 8-bit Squids if they'd like to be our scrimmage partners and go from there. What do you guys think?

Also Splats, you'll need to do your group-owner thing and decide whether we're going to participate in SCL tournament #5 or if you want to wait until December to start competing.

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
Hello my fellow squad leaders,
I would like to discuss something about our members in Splat Squad. I've been checking each member to see if they have any history in this website. Nearly all of them are first timers or people who haven't got into a squad. But... I found one member who is in another competitive squad and lurking around for our start to competitive Splatoon.
What should we do about it?

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
Hello my fellow squad leaders,
I would like to discuss something about our members in Splat Squad. I've been checking each member to see if they have any history in this website. Nearly all of them are first timers or people who haven't got into a squad. But... I found one member who is in another competitive squad and lurking around for our start to competitive Splatoon.
What should we do about it?
Hmm, it depends on why he's a part of that squad. I think that it would be best to send him a personal message and ask him if he's trully interested in being a part of our squad. If he's willing to wait a few weeks, the squads competitive applications will open again after Booyah Battle 4 (that's what I'm planning anyways).

If however, he doesn't respond after a week or he says that he's undecided on our squad - we should kick him. That's my thoughts anyways - not being mean, we just can't afford to have people on our squad that aren't really interested or vested into our community.

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
Hmm, it depends on why he's a part of that squad. I think that it would be best to send him a personal message and ask him if he's trully interested in being a part of our squad. If he's willing to wait a few weeks, the squads competitive applications will open again after Booyah Battle 4 (that's what I'm planning anyways).

If however, he doesn't respond after a week or he says that he's undecided on our squad - we should kick him. That's my thoughts anyways - not being mean, we just can't afford to have people on our squad that aren't really interested or vested into our community.
I found this person hasn't been here for almost a week can't really contact said person

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
I have a few suggestions.
1. Instead of requiring the profile pictures to be a specific resolution of pixels to be uploaded the profile can be of any resolution but once uploaded they are resized automatically to fit the page. Other sites that I have been on have done it.

2. There could be two separate pages on the site, one dedicated to getting squad members and the other would be for getting people to private battle.

3. For the premium membership, user can choose the color of the forum background, not the far background with the inklings the one behind the text in the threads.
Inkling#2, this isn't the staff thread for Squidboards, it's the thread for our squad's staff. So:

1. Be more careful next time to check before you post;
2. Your comment will be reported and deleted, not being mean, just keeping our thread clean; and
3. Even if this was the staff-only thread for Squidboards, then why would you be posting there since you clearly aren't a staff member for SB?

I found this person hasn't been here for almost a week can't really contact said person
Ok, let's just wait and see if he gets automatically kicked by 2 weeks timer that Splats set up, and if he does get active before then, send him a personal message. How does that sound?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom