Votes: 8 53.3%
  • pasta

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

electronvolt

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/them
This feels like less "which could you eat every day", and more "which of these is your local staple starch-based food".

I think I do eat bread every day (or at least most days), so I guess I'm obliged to be on that team? The pasta in the picture for that team looks delicious though...

edit: also here's the picture
starchsplatfestteampic.jpg

Splatfest starts august 10th

TOD13

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
ok i like all of these, and i eat all of them pretty often, but i'm probably gonna go team rice cus it's Frye's team.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
Reasons Bread is the correct answer:
  • Sandwiches
  • Toast
  • FRENCH Toast
  • Bread Pudding
  • Panzanella (Bread Salad) (if you have not had this you are missing out it is SO good in the summer)
  • CROUTONS
  • Basically the earliest staple food in of all human civilization (evidence going back to it being prepared 30,000 years ago, whereas rice doesn't show up til 16,000 BCE and pasta not until 400 BC (unless you are including Chinese-style noodles which showed up earlier at around 3,000 BC)
  • It's good and I like it
TBH I could pick any of these because I do eat SO much rice and most of my favorite dishes are pasta dishes... but I have had a particular passion for baking bread much of my life so. It just seems right.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
counterpoint: bread pudding is nasty nah jk you can eat what you want
lol, so fun fact (I know you all asked for a random anecdote from my life) when I was a kid (I think I was around 7 or 8), there was an era in which my dad apparently had tried bread pudding somewhere and really, really liked it. So my mother set out to try to figure out the best, most perfect bread pudding recipe in existence so she could make it for him (it was very sweet really) Unfortunately many of her attempts 'failed' but she kept at it until both of them presumably burned out on it. But to me, as a kid, who rarely saw sweets in the house, this was such a GLORIOUS time; we were eating bread pudding several times a week (even though they were 'failed' recipes they were still SO delicious) and it was so good and warm and sweet and comforting. They were just very good times. And this is why I love bread pudding.

ALSO I forgot to include stuffing/dressing on the list, which I know is also love it or hate it thing, but it's kind of like a savory bread pudding so this reminded me.

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
Reasons to be team Pasta:
  • Spaghetti
  • Mac and Cheese
  • Shrimp Alfredo
  • Chicken Alfredo
  • A PLETHORA of soups (I.e. chicken noodle)
  • Lasagna
  • Pasta Salad
Need I go on? 😌

Mx_Diva

Cephalospinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I see they made a new Splatfest aaaaaand I’m hungry!

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
this is actually the most difficult splatfest decision i’ve ever had to make

(well, this one or the chocolate fest. what can i say, i like chocolate and i like carbs.)

maybe i’ll try a new recipe with each and then pick based on which comes out the best. or, idk, pick what my friends/team go for

Hokuto

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
Because my true local staple isn't on this list, I have to go for its replacement: rice.

Eel-Ectric

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0840-7727-8401
I gotta go with rice. If pasta was noodles then maybe I'd consider it, but rice is a staple from both sides of my family (latinos and asians). Also I love rice. I could eat it by itself, honestly.
fun fact: in korean, the word for "food"/"meal" is literally "rice"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom