• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Team Smeargle

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
Thanks for the luck and name appreciation Sky!
C:

I didn't draw it, just edited the bg out since I wanted it a little less busy. But I will agree it's beautiful to me as well *o* my favorite color combo is blue and orange so I was instantly drawn to it from palette to design. They did a wonderful job.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
Crystal was the first game I played where you could choose your gender and since then I've always played a girl. Never quite knew why, I guess it just seemed cooler to me because there aren't as many girls in leading hero roles. Anyway, I like your idea and I don't know how helpful I'll be as I have no experience/skill in programming or art, but when the time comes I'd be happy to join up if you'll have me. :D

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
I always Played as a guy in the Poke series but I've rolled female with plenty of alt chars in MMOs etc. so I know the fun involved in playing the heroine as a change of pace.

Glad you like the idea and no worries, not everyone is going to be required to fill said positions. We all do what we can. More than happy to have the support and enthusiasm, especially in these early stages. I'd like to start with the 'all are welcome' approach and then organize and grow from there, with core teams based on skill and dedication exhibited. So, when that time comes, and these ideas and hopes solidify... welcome aboard Roksys! But you're welcome to consider yourself a fellow member to the effort whenever you're ready. And I'll do my part to continue with meeting the listed goals.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
Ooh! I've mentioned this elsewhere, and I still feel a bit silly about it, having never actually done it, but I'm interested in commentating matches once that's viable. Is that something a group would need? XD

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
@Wispy
Wow, here I thought we'd never find someone to fill that role... thank you, that really takes a load off my shoulders Wispy :3
Welcome aboard, 'Do-er of the Cool' ;D

@Roksys,
Assuming one day there is a spectator mode available I think a couple comentator positions could be cool to have available at the ready. I assume most events would have them covered but perhaps for home coverage events and the like. And if anything, we find you practice to get you heading towards that direction, if that's a focus you're interested in. Not entirely sure exactly how to fit that in yet but if the need arises that's something to be aware of, thanks for the suggestion and offer!

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
Who knows. Maybe at some point we could do a team stream or highlights videos. Maybe I'm trying too hard to materialize something too early. XD

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
Not at all! No worries, I like the suggestions. Both plausible. The team stream would need a spectator mode to pull off a dedicated commentator position since we can assume if you were in game you'd be busy communicating positions and important relays to the rest of the team in real time, but I'm hoping Nintendo and the Splat devs see how helpful a feature spectating would be for so many reasons. Highlight videos on the other hand could definitely be set up for commentary right out the gate though. Glad to see your enthusiasm ;D

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This is a very a creative team/squad. I don't really like Gen 2 that much (in fact, it is my least favorite gen), but Smeargle itself is great. I will be keeping an eye on this squad, as I have interest in joining one, but I need proper information on how communication between the team members will work, since I have no plans on voice chatting (and a number of squads here have it is a requirement). Either way, good luck with your creative squad!

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
Oh hey here's an important question: What time zone are you in? That could be a huge factor in people's availability. I'm on east coast time.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Can't wait for the Splaternauts to play against you! :) good luck with your squad!

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
@Reila
Much appreciated! I can say that as far as dedicated teams go, communication is going to be a must in most places you look if you're seeking to be involved in competitive play. But my hope is there is enough interest in this idea to cover many levels of play within our group. I would happily get games in with people involved, off mics for learning and leveling up or just unwinding and having fun, and can imagine others would as well even down the road. So although communication options are a must when our teams play leagues etc. I don't want to exclude people who are interested in joining a friendly atmosphere and skilling up together.

@teamdelibird
I'm West Coast PT

@RoyLee
Sounds good Roy! Should be fun ;D
Best of luck to all you Splaternauts

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Smeargle is my favorite Pokemon! I love it!

In all seriousness, I'd be glad to make art for this team, and I'll be down to join after the game releases... as long as I get Co-Captain! XD Also, I'm a fairly skilled player if I do say so myself. Out of the 35 games I played, I only lost 5 times in the Testfire, often scoring at the top with double-digit kills. So expect some artistic and competitive talent coming your way! ;)

Last edited:

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
Awesome Bottlecapn, great to see this level of initiative pre-release!

Sounds like you also had a successful testfire, congrats. Do you have links to any of your art? I'd love to see your style. Thanks plenty for whatever support you can muster in these next months, glad to have you and look forward to shared success. :D

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Awesome Bottlecapn, great to see this level of initiative pre-release!

Sounds like you also had a successful testfire, congrats. Do you have links to any of your art? I'd love to see your style. Thanks plenty for whatever support you can muster in these next months, glad to have you and look forward to shared success. :D
I do, but It's all really crappy suff from 2 or 3 years ago. I've improved alot since then, but I lost my pen to my Wacom tablet... Here's one witth a Smeargle in it! Please excuse his wearing of clothes, lol.
http://koka-da-kola.deviantart.com/art/Sail-of-the-Angels-1-The-Crew-455586286

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
ugh I lost my wacom pen too when moving from nyc to cali... T_T I'm probably just going to start drawing on the Wii U gamepad since it is actually a really functional tablet. And art academy is a decent program, though limited in function. No layers etc.

Good stuff dude, you definitely have potential as an artist. Few tweaks here and there but at 14 and if that was 2-3 years ago that's pretty good! And don't worry about the clothes, we can have art with splatoon gear on smeargles as well if it's good design. Hope you find your stylus soon (not only for the this project but for you personally because I know how big a pain in the *** that is.)

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
ugh I lost my wacom pen too when moving from nyc to cali... T_T I'm probably just going to start drawing on the Wii U gamepad since it is actually a really functional tablet. And art academy is a decent program, though limited in function. No layers etc.

Good stuff dude, you definitely have potential as an artist. Few tweaks here and there but at 14 and if that was 2-3 years ago that's pretty good! And don't worry about the clothes, we can have art with splatoon gear on smeargles as well if it's good design. Hope you find your stylus soon (not only for the this project but for you personally because I know how big a pain in the *** that is.)
Yeah... losing the pen is a huge bummer. Lost it in Chicago ;M;

Thanks! I use a cracked version of Paint Tool Sai for my stuff, really great program if you haven't tried it yet! I'll try to scan a paper drawing and color it with a mouse (it's actually pretty easy to do this using Sai, considering I'm way better at drawing on paper and the coloring part is very easy) and see if I can use GIMP to throw some awesomely fonted text in there for a neat little logo!

Star Squid

Inkling
NNID
Although I've always been a Gen 1/3 type of guy, this team sounds interesting. I'll definitely be lurking around this topic, as I love Pokemon, and have high hopes for Splatoon.
Have you guys thought of Skype as a communication option? You could make another thread dedicated to collecting Skype numbers for Team Smeargle.
Anyways, I hope this team progresses well. I hope see you all when the game launches!

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
This squad looks really nice! Best of luck with it. Hopefully my squad and yours can meet on the battlefield sometime!

I always love seeing that someone has a favorite Pokemon that you don't see very often. A lot of people like Pokemon for their strength, but I like them for their design. Turtwig and Pelipper are two of my favorites, partly because turtles and pelicans are two of my favorite animals and I love the way the Pokemon are designed after them. I like some Pokemon because they're so unloved/unpopular like Tropius for example haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom