• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Team Smeargle

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
Good luck with this squad! Pokemon themed clans/squads are typically a rarity. :P

Hi_C

Full Squid
Although I've always been a Gen 1/3 type of guy, this team sounds interesting. I'll definitely be lurking around this topic, as I love Pokemon, and have high hopes for Splatoon.
Have you guys thought of Skype as a communication option? You could make another thread dedicated to collecting Skype numbers for Team Smeargle.
Anyways, I hope this team progresses well. I hope see you all when the game launches!
Don't wanna be that guy but I am gunna be that guy rofl. Smeargle was actually a Gen II Pokemon. Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Smeargle_(Pokémon)

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
I may have carpal tunnel and I definitely had a repeated stress injury from Smash Brothers on my left hand... I have not been as active on the site because I'm trying to limit typing while I heal. Wish me luck and I hope to be back in playing shape by launch. Make sure you take breaks and stretch your hands regularly. It's not something you want to go through.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I may have carpal tunnel and I definitely had a repeated stress injury from Smash Brothers on my left hand... I have not been as active on the site because I'm trying to limit typing while I heal. Wish me luck and I hope to be back in playing shape by launch. Make sure you take breaks and stretch your hands regularly. It's not something you want to go through.
Oh my, that's awful... I send you all my wishes that your hand heals in time.... Hope we can still keep the group together...

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
dodging surgery is the main goal. This experience has opened my eyes to a lot to say the least... thanks for the support. I'm pretty sure this idea will get recognition from enough people to continue regardless. If I can't pull through by league time you can surely roll with it. But I'm keeping positive until then... Going to be difficult not playing tomorrow to help with recovery......... ugh

StormPhrax

Full Squid
NNID
joelsmart01
Hi, this squad seems awesome, I love pokemon and grew up playing 2nd Gen, if you are taking applications I would love to be a part of your team. I have quite a bit of experience in graphic design and I could certainly make you a logo or whatever you need done, I have access to photoshop/fireworks and I have an expensive graphics tablet.

P.S: I hope your hand gets better soon!

Star Squid

Inkling
NNID
dodging surgery is the main goal. This experience has opened my eyes to a lot to say the least... thanks for the support. I'm pretty sure this idea will get recognition from enough people to continue regardless. If I can't pull through by league time you can surely roll with it. But I'm keeping positive until then... Going to be difficult not playing tomorrow to help with recovery......... ugh
Oh man... that sucks. Hope you can pull through, best wishes to you.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I have quite a bit of experience in graphic design and I could certainly make you a logo or whatever you need done, I have access to photoshop/fireworks and I have an expensive graphics tablet.
U tryna steal my spotlight bruh?

Lol anyways I'd be glad to have another member of the team! We'll see who makes the better logo. ;)

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
Great work so far you guys!

The more art the better in the long run, since we can use it for site material and a gallery wouldn't hurt either.

I'd like 1 logo to be compact. These ones I'm seeing now are probably more geared towards a site's homepage etc. Still really glad to see the gears spinning and progress being made.

Think sports teams. Here are some examples of looks that I don't want to emulate entirely but just to give a better idea of what I mean. for instance you could replace the small writing with "Team" and the bigger with "Smeargle. using the ninjas as a ref you could have a similar crosshair design behind a smeargle. Another idea would be to have the same eye shadow of the inklings (the kind of bandit mask) on Smeargle. Smeargle and pokemon do more than enough to prove our lighthearted natures as a team, so I think a serious looking smeargle and logo would polarize that effect well and show we also mean business. These are just ideas I'm heading towards. I'll take a stab at making one when my hands heal too if need be.

Thank you so much for the support on my current situation too. Not going to risk playing today sadly...

052913-sports-teams-logo-ottawa-tomahawks.gif

san-jose-stealth-logo.gif

Attachments

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
That's quite good dude!

How would it look with the font in the same color as the paint on his tail? I understand you want contrast with the background splats and it wouldn't work currently, so perhaps darker splat instead. Excellent work so far though, simple but effective. I see this as banner or title page. Perhaps down the line replaced with a splatoon inspired smeargle. I like this though, well done.

optional extra would be to make the tail paint a hot orange and the back splats blue or the other way around. I love these orange and blues together. I asked permission to use this as my avatar but was asked not to sadly :C
smeargle.png

StormPhrax

Full Squid
NNID
joelsmart01
I tried swapping the tail colour for a hot orange and changed the font to the orange aswell, but when I swapped the splat for a blue, it didn't contrast well, and was kind of an eye sore.

StormPhrax

Full Squid
NNID
joelsmart01

Here it is with the tail colour changed, i'm afraid I wont be able to join the squad, as i have already agreed to design and join another squad, sorry:(:(

DynamoTheCat

Inkling
NNID
Quacker5
Hello! It looks like you have a pretty neat clan/squad! Would you mind if I joined?
Sincerely, Splatypüs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom