• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I think we all give our teammates crap a bit too often and never really seem to give them credit when they deserve it. That's what this thread is for!

Post any moments you remember of your team being awesome, funny, or both.

Here's one. I was playing on Bluefin and I went onto the platform on the left side (where you sw up the wall). I was trapped there by an enemy Areospray user. I see a teammate below and they come up behind the enemy and splatted them. We both said "Boyaah" after that.

On Walleye, I was using a Kelp Charger and got paired with an E-liter. The both of us were on the middle tower and had an enemy behind the crate. We were shooting at the sides to pressure him. We look away to focus on the side areas for a bit. The guy comes out and starts shooting us, we see this and point our lasers on him and fire. The E-liter got the kill, but it was amazing nonetheless.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Sometimes they (likely unintentionally) shoot ink beneath my feet so I can walk and get away. This helps a lot since I play Custom Blaster and you're screwed when you're in enemy ink.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Shortly after Rainmaker came out, I was on Camp Triggerfish and I got a hold of the Rainmaker. One of my teammates saw that I picked it up, and immediately used a Kraken to make a trail for me to take to the opponent's base. Since the rest of my team and the other team were off fighting each other somewhere else on the map, it was one of the easiest wins I ever got. Was pretty cool.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Today on rainmaker we were losing 6-100 and I got the rainmaker and a Splattershot Jr. user activated their bubbler and we bulldozed straight onto the pedestal. The enemies ink was immediately covering up our trail and my screen was outlined in their ink color- such a close match but it felt so rewarding winning.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Props to fellow Autobots Marina, Zwei, SUP3R, and others who helped me rally some nice wins during the Splatfest!

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Gah- I remember during Splatfest, Marshmallows Vs. Hotdogs, when I had THE BEST TEAM EVER!
OOOOOOH IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!
WE WAS HAVING THE BEST WING STREAK EVER~!
Anytime we was in danger, we actually was able to have a 50-10 second redemption or we JUST SPLATTED THAT TEAM COMPLETELY!
It was a 10+ win streak and I have a little Miiverse post to thank them!
Sadly enough I had to leave them once we lost because I needed to take a break. ;w;

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Last few Rainmaker matches were awesome, had a great team! The chances of them seeing this thread are slim to none but i'd love to compliment you all on being fantastic.

I love it when you're wielding rainmaker and it's you, a team of angry baddies in pursuit and there's one friendly squid with you left making a path for you for the final stretch to the goal. I see a "nice!" from him/her for doing a good job carrying the RM, and i really want to reply but i'm so deeply focused on getting that thing on the pedestal that tapping my d-pad scares me that i'll screw up somehow. That part on Triggerfish where the shield manage to splat the entire enemy team while we instantaneously carried it to the pedestal in one fell swoop was the stuff of legends.

Honestly i should really use the d-pad more often, but letting my thumb off the control stick worries me to no end sometimes.

FrostedHawk

Inkling
Similar to a couple others, I too was painted a swimming path while holding the rainmaker. It was on Camp TriggerFish so unfortunately we couldn't make it all the way due to the netting. However, it did make the the trip a whole lot easier which is always a plus in my book.
Other than that, there are some times when someone else and I flush out an enemy and surround them. That's always a pleasant little booyah moment.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Earlier during some hectic Tower Control I helped to force the enemy team off the tower repeatedly and helped to pick off the sideliners trying to do the same to my teammates. In turn they did some amazing and aggressive pushes, rallied to me when I got on the Tower and called out "C'mon!", and I finally clawed my way out of C- rank hell due to our ability to complement each other in pubbie Ranked. Thanks, random Japanese Ranked pubbies!

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Once I had the rainmaker and my teammates were surrounding me and protecting me and I delivered it all the way in under a minute... THANKS TEAMMATES WHO WERE SUPPORTIVE I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I once found a sniper that was harassing our team. I threw a Disruptor because that was all I could do with the Custom Jr, but my teammate threw a Suction Bomb Up there, finishing the slowed foe off.

Also, held off a team of four in rainmaker with a random team of three until they won in overtime.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I was in Saltspray (which I used to hate but I've grown to enjoy) and I was the first of our team to get to the northern section. I splatted the enemy there and signaled "c'mon" to attract my team. Two responded "booyah" and jumped to me allowing us to control the top and middle sections early and win from there. It was nice to have random teammates who knew how to play.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was in Saltspray (which I used to hate but I've grown to enjoy) and I was the first of our team to get to the northern section. I splatted the enemy there and signaled "c'mon" to attract my team. Two responded "booyah" and jumped to me allowing us to control the top and middle sections early and win from there. It was nice to have random teammates who knew how to play.
I think I did that during the last Splaftest (the jumping to an ally who got to top early part). I also threw down a Squid Beacon at the edge of the top area whenever I'm using the Custom Dual Squelcher there so people can reinforce the area in case of emergency

Dish

Full Squid
NNID
Englannd
One lobby I was in port mackeral and when the other 3 died I fell back and would hit "come on" a few times and they would actually jump to me for once LOL

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
There's been multiple times that my teammates have saved me from certain death. To you guys, you have my gratitude.

As for me being a good teammate (no mean to brag, of course), I one was a Kraken running from a charger's aim when all of a sudden my teammate decides to super jump to me. I stop and turn around while my Kraken is running out and as soon as it does, the charger shoots me and my teammate lands immediately after unharmed, at least for a little bit. GGs, @Pokes. d:

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That feel when you ink a path to the pedestal and the Rainmaker Bearer successfully makes the touchdown while your other teammates distract the enemy.

Awwwwwww yeah.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
There was this time during tower control that if you look at the straight stats you would think we lost but our team synergy was so strong that even though we got killed twice as much as the other team and even though they were probably better players we got the ko. I felt so in sync with my team, it was amazing.

Magix

Inkster Jr.
This one time, many weeks ago, I was super jumping to a teammate who seemed to be safe, but as I was flying there, I noticed how the area was suddenly turning into enemy colour. Oh crap, I thought. I was even able to see a roller waiting next to the spot I was about to land on ... But just before I did, my teammate put out a splash wall right between the spot and the roller, saving my life! We then killed the roller and went on about our business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom