• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thanksgiving 2015

What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving?

• Total voters

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin

This an American tradition that has been around since the start of America and it's a holiday that is to be taken note of. There are many things to be thankful for and the traditional dinner is always something to look forward to. Are you looking forward to Thanksgiving? Do you celebrate Thanksgiving with family and/or friends? Do you celebrate Thanksgiving alone?

Also, what are you thankful for?

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
My family usually combines the usual Thanksgiving food with Indian cuisine (my parents having hailed from that country). So, alongside the mashed potatoes and cornbread we'd usually have things like fried cutlets and chapathi/flatbread. Lately we've been opting out of the turkey in favor of something more exotic like a whole salmon or (at worst) some hens.

All I have to be thankful for is Splatoon, honestly.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Lol, I thought nobody cared about Thanksgiving these days and only care about Christmas. :P

In all seriousness, I'm more excited about this holiday than Halloween due to all of the good eats. I usually have Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's, but since her daughter's gonna have a baby soon, she might not have dinner at her place. May have to go at one of my mom's friend's house for dinner depending on things.

As for what I'm thankful of, it would be my current Amiibo collection. :D

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving because of the top quality dinner with my family. It's nothing fancy compared to Halloween or Christmas, but it's a time to give thanks for the good things that happened throughout the year.

I'm thankful for these forums for helping me get over an old phobia and I'm thankful for my family for sticking by me for so long. And I thankful for making friends after so long.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
Every thanksgiving everyone at home fills their plate with food. I usually have very little on my plate. A few pieces of turkey and a bread roll. The reason I eat less is because all I really want is the pie and ice cream. I don't want to eat on a full stomach especially if it's anything sweet.
I'm just thankful for the friends I've made here and my family.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Hmmm...lets see... Ham, ham, ham, ham, ham, ham, ham. Oh yea, and some ham. With some turkey and fried chicken...and gravy...OK IM HUNGRY!

But in all seriousness tho, I really like the food that is set on the table! Some rare food, some common food. I also like how everyone gets together on one table and eats together.

I'm really thankful for every game Nintendo has givin us. Splatoon, Tri Force Heros, Super Mario Maker, and more! I'm also thankful for other games such as Minecraft Story Mode.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
I love thanksgiving it's the only time i can get cranberry sauce in my house
I'm thankful for nintendo not having the pay to play online that xbox and playstation have

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
Thanksgiving is literally my favorite holiday. I'm sad that the tradition got butchered by black friday sales creeping up on the holiday. I actually care about the family togetherness as well as the good food we prepare to make.

This year I'll be spending the holiday with my boyfriend and his family in Austin. It'll be the first year that I'll be away from my own family as they're in California, but it's okay because I'll be spending Christmas with them this year.

I'm thankful for my family, the friends I made this year, my boyfriend, his family, and the people who really changed my life for the better. It's a long story, and a long journey, and I want to use this year to be thankful to everyone that made an impact in my life. :)

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I always look forward to Thanksgiving. Eating great food and spending quality time with the family is always enjoyable, especially with my family. XD It's never dull. One tradition is playing Spoons and man... it gets tense. ._.

Bunnii

Inkling
NNID
NinjaBunnii99
Regardless of Thanks Giving being based upon the genocide of an entire culture, Native Americans.

I really only look forward to the good food and since my family is Filipino, in addition to the traditional Thanks Giving we got some Filipino food! Hit me up with that pancit, lumpia, palabok, laing, ginataan. Also Thanks Giving is just a time for our family to congregate and be together. Not to mention the Black Friday sales lol.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Super sayin' bump~

But seriously. With things slowly closer to Thanksgiving, I have to ask. What is everyone's opinion on Black Friday? Do you attend that day for shopping or do you avoid it like the plague?

Me personally, I avoid that day. I've heard the horror stories about how bad Black Friday gets, but that's me.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Super sayin' bump~

But seriously. With things slowly closer to Thanksgiving, I have to ask. What is everyone's opinion on Black Friday? Do you attend that day for shopping or do you avoid it like the plague?

Me personally, I avoid that day. I've heard the horror stories about how bad Black Friday gets, but that's me.
I'd like to not die that day. =D lel

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Super sayin' bump~

Black Friday turns people into animals. I refuse to shop in stores on that day. I'd rather spend more money and live the next day thank you.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Black Friday turns people into animals. I refuse to shop in stores on that day. I'd rather spend more money and live the next day thank you.
Exactly. I take a 'oath of no shopping' for that day strictly because of how nightmarish Black Friday gets. All the reports of death and injury kinda makes it the worse day to shop ever. Christmas shopping is pretty close to as bad as well.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Exactly. I take a 'oath of no shopping' for that day strictly because of how nightmarish Black Friday gets. All the reports of death and injury kinda makes it the worse day to shop ever. Christmas shopping is pretty close to as bad as well.
Yep, I hear all of the death and injury reports and I'm like: NOPE. Thanksgiving shopping at grocery stores is also really bad but the mother of all is Black Friday. We deem it the "Do not shop on this day, Day".

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Black Friday is a day when people die or get injured from a crowd of people that are just dying to get a good deal on a new TV set or the next iPhone. I avoid the day entirely because of all the stories about how many people get killed during Black Friday. This is why I only shop for stuff online since I'm safe from the madness.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Super sayin' bump~

I've never actually been shopping on a Black Friday, mostly because it's not like I have a job and money to spend freely :P

I've heard the horror stories about Black Friday as well. Which is a shame...I get that everyone wants those sweet deals, but mob mentality can be a *****. It always pains me when I hear about people dying on Black Fridays. People don't have to die. ._.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom