The Bamboozler: Why no love?

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen
I'm not gonna lie, at first sight I thought the Bamboozler was a piece of crap, but then I tried it... it was...

Wow, it's a really fun weapon to use once you get a hang of it, knowing when to use the splash knowing when to charge or tap come time to kill, etc.

Anyways you get the idea, it's not exactly an easy weapon, but that still doesn't mean it shouldn't get some love.

So uhhh, yeah tell me why you love or hate it, or don't.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
I love it, love the range, love how fast it is, love how versatile it is, I can't wait for the MK II, Disruptors might be amazing with it.

It'll never be popular because of how hard it is to use it, you need to aim fast and don't loose aim after the first shot.

Skepticpunk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SkepticPunk
I really like it. It has roughly the same defensive role the Heavy Splatling does, but with less setup required, more mobility, less chance that being caught off-guard will kill you, and arguably more long range viability. Oh, and a better special.

It's a lot of fun to play with.

deepseadiva

Full Squid
The wall is a huge boon. Not sure if I would touch it without the wall, honestly.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
random thoughts

It's a high skill weapon, and when my game is off I can barely bamboozle at all. It does not forgive.

It's not completely useless in close up encounters, but you've got to have your aiming skills up.

I've played both squiffers extensively, and this is analogous to a squiffer/Nozzlenose hybrid.

I think mk 2 is going to bring more people out, the disruptor plus the awesome range on this guy is a sweet combo. Whats the special on that one?

I do love splatting people with multiple shots from max distance.

MK 1 is a great weapon to team up with, with the splash walls to zone, and the ability to finish off squids who've already taken some damage.

Next question is: what gear is best with Bamboozler? A little damage up? Swim speed or walk speed up? Maybe defence up to land that last shot?

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen
random thoughts

It's a high skill weapon, and when my game is off I can barely bamboozle at all. It does not forgive.

It's not completely useless in close up encounters, but you've got to have your aiming skills up.

I've played both squiffers extensively, and this is analogous to a squiffer/Nozzlenose hybrid.

I think mk 2 is going to bring more people out, the disruptor plus the awesome range on this guy is a sweet combo. Whats the special on that one?

I do love splatting people with multiple shots from max distance.

MK 1 is a great weapon to team up with, with the splash walls to zone, and the ability to finish off squids who've already taken some damage.

Next question is: what gear is best with Bamboozler? A little damage up? Swim speed or walk speed up? Maybe defence up to land that last shot?[/QUO
The special is going to be the Echolocator, great for a weapon like this because it's always good to know where your enemy is to prevent being flanked.

As for gear I've been using (Head) Damage up, (Shirt) Ink Saver Sub (planning to replace with Ink Saver Main), and (Shoes) Ink Recovery Up, works great for me so far.

Skepticpunk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SkepticPunk
what gear is best with Bamboozler? A little damage up? Swim speed or walk speed up? Maybe defence up to land that last shot?
If I didn't have to worry about RNGsus, I'd go with 1 Main Special Charge Up, 1 Main/3 Subs of Damage Up, 1 Main/3 Subs of Swim Speed Up, and Ink Resistance Up.

deepseadiva

Full Squid
The 99.9 damage set looked the most interesting for the Bambi.

I wonder if there's a team setup that could insure that teeny .1 damage so this gun could be more reliable. Maybe set the rest of your team with burst bombs? Or pair the Bambi with a Squelcher? Squelcher gets the one hit, Bambi finishes off. Just brainstorming...

NNID
namine753
The 99.9 damage set looked the most interesting for the Bambi.

I wonder if there's a team setup that could insure that teeny .1 damage so this gun could be more reliable. Maybe set the rest of your team with burst bombs? Or pair the Bambi with a Squelcher? Squelcher gets the one hit, Bambi finishes off. Just brainstorming...
if the enemy was standing in your ink, 99.9 could finish you off

Honestly, I hate hate hate when people use 11 or so damage ups on bamboozlers, it so obnoxious and just damage stacking in general has been a pet peeve of mine.

I actually want to use the bamboozler, I'm gonna try using it soon. It's sub and specials are not good for it's set and MKII will be soooooo much better. I will without a doubt use it then. I respect the bamboozler for what it is, I am going to use it one day.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
1.The bamboozler is one of the harder to use weapons in the game. Chargers are hard enough to aim, but hitting with two shots takes much more skill.
2.On competitive tier lists and generally in Ranked, you don't see many Bamboozler users. This leads to people thinking the weapon is weak because it is hard to use.
3. The MK II honestly seems like a better version to me: With bomb range up, you could cripple opponents from afar with disruptors, making it much easier to get 2 shots in. Echolocator is one of the best specials (my personal favorite) and it allows the Bamboozler to hunt down, disrupt, and splat foes from afar.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
It doesn't have an outstanding kit, MK II will be much better. It's still usable in its current state though.

People say it's hard to use, but that's honestly not the feeling I get using this gun. Maybe it's just carry-over experience from when I used L-3 non-stop, who knows. Bamboozler is pretty much all I use anymore though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom