The Bragging Thread

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
I was only able to play Splatfest for a little less than 3 hours this time, but I still managed to get King. During that entire session, I only lost about 6 or 6 times
WVW69iVq9sMN5ygl8c.jpg

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Well, Splatfest happened, and I got into a rhythm of victory early this time, so here are a few braggy things:
I splatted someone with a Bamboozler standing right next to their spawn point on Port Mackerel, right after they threw a Splash Wall to keep me back (swam up while she was throwing it, got right up next to her and unloaded). True, I got splatted almost immediately after by a Splash-O-Matic, but holy s*** that felt nice. And we won that game too!

And also, every single Flounder Heights match I had in this Splatfest ended in varying amounts of crushing defeat for the Autobots. Which felt awesome.
Though I lost about half of my games on Port Mackerel, but fortunately for me it didn't come up on the rotation very often, maybe about 16 times at most. Most of the games were on Saltspray, actually...

I dodged a Kraken that popped her Kraken while I was shooting her, then splatted her when she reverted to kid-form. Never done that before, and it felt good.

Also, this:
Took all of Splatfest to do it, but I passed +50.0 Vibe. Not anything special, but I won a whole lot of games (though I lost around 15, I think) this Splatfest, more than any previous one, so I thought I'd brag a bit about that.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Also, this:
Took all of Splatfest to do it, but I passed +50.0 Vibe. Not anything special, but I won a whole lot of games (though I lost around 15, I think) this Splatfest, more than any previous one, so I thought I'd brag a bit about that.
I envy you, good sir! I can never quite break +20 even with a solid session of Splatfest gameplay.

That said, I should also brag about some of my own highlights this Splatfest. Foremost of all, I managed a 12-game streak playing on a team with three other super-skilled players. There were also a few close-call triple kills I pulled off in some other matches. Flounder Heights was especially notable; even when I lost I still managed to splat some foes with a Suction Bomb Rush frenzy from on top of the center apartments without even knowing they were there.

Overall, I'd say I had far more fun this Splatfest than last one.

EDIT: Oh, and did I mention this was my very first Splatfest victory? I'm certainly feeling awesome right now.

Last edited:

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Apparently playing with the Nozzlenose D all Splatfest made my trigger finger Ripped. Won 6 games in a row all the way to A+ rank.

So to summarize today:

1) Got to Decepticon King in a dominating fashion with Nozzlenose D
2) Won Splatfest
3) Rolled some good gear for my Nozzlenose D
4) Got to Rank A+ in a dominating fashion with the Regular Nozzlenose

Yes...Marie. Evil never felt so good!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had this match at Walleye Warehouse last time I played. Granted, it ended in a loss for my team, but late in the match I did manage to down the entire enemy team up close with just a Dual Squelcher. Pretty ballsy playing on my part there.

icewolf741

Inkling
My best splatoon moment was awhile ago in ranked (splatzones) on Urchin Underpass (before they changed it). We were losing really badly, but we had the zone at the end so it went into overtime so we had to hold the zone for like 40+ seconds to win. Somehow we became super synergized in that moment and each of us held a choke point and we managed to win. It was very satisfying.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
1798p on Flounder Heights 3vs4... Someone disconnected in the very beginning... !he went POOF!... I had 7 kills 0 times died.... we won... B^) $WEG

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Rainmaker, had an enemy team that, on Urchin Underpass, had a pretty clear shot at bringing the thing to the capture point... but instead seemed to choose to spawn-camp. This lasted for a bit of time but started to fall apart from them when I realized, hey, I can just STAND HERE and be totally invincible, while just endlessly firing with the heavy splatling the entire time. I musta racked up 10 kills JUST doing that. Kept that up until a teammate grabbed the thing; shortly after, we won by one point, which just made it even more hilarious. This is why you shouldnt just troll and taunt during competitive games, because it can too easily end in complete stupid.

Did I mention I freaking love that weapon? I'll love it even more though when I get a version that doesnt have the #)&%Ring Inkstrike stuck to it.

Now if only it would stop giving me the Underpass EVERY FREAKING TIME. I mean, come on, Saltspray is up too and I've not even played this mode on it yet.

EDIT: Okay, now I've been on Saltspray, and am finding it's actually kinda annoying for this mode.

Last edited:

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I took the rainmaker all the way in under 1 minute.................................WITHOUT ANY INK!

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Yesterday I got an awesome kill in the appartments. My whole team got splatted (me included) and the enemy team got hold of the center and started to make a push into our side. For most of the match we were just defending ourselves unable to get the center. Suddenly something clicked and I splatted the whole enemy team in quick succession, so we finally got the center and started attacking. Time was running out so the enemy made a last attempt: if they managed to break through they would win, if we held victory would be ours.
An enemy roller managed to get to the top and started to paint everything so I jumped him from the side...but he activated Kraken and started following me. He got me cornered in the highest part in the middle, so I swiped my brush to keep him away and just as he was about to get me my special filled so I went Kraken myself. His Kraken ran out so now I was following him, he tried to dodge me by going over the center part but I jumped and followed. Finally he jumped down back to his side of the map and I followed. My Kraken ended mid air so I instantly swung my brush and killed him before he touched the ground. I landed in the middle of his ink as he was exploding, it was a really cool moment. Two teammates were watching everything from above and Booya´d when I finally got the kill :) With that kill we had repelled the last push and secured the win.

soujirou88

Inkster Jr.
NNID
soujirou88
While doing rainmaker on flounder heights, as my teammate was holding the the rainmaker in the middle top of the stage, I decided to just say yolo and got in front of his path. I obliterated the hostile inkling right before the ramp, with my trusty bamboozler 14 Mk1 I might add. But I also noticed that my team was having trouble killing another enemy that was right behind the rainmaker carrier, so I took the liberty of relinquishing his soul very shortly after my first kill. After that, the rainmaker carrier sprinted for the goal so fast, I almost didn't even see him do it! xD All in all, that match brought me one step closer to proving the bamboozler 14 Mk1's worth. Also, this was an all S rank match, so these guys weren't pushovers either.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Ah I looooove doing Turf War on Saltspray Rig with the Heavy Splatling.

I have my very specific spot, I go there, stand there and shoot, and never move from that spot (unless I want to go shoot at the walkways), as that area is MINE. The whole match. Frequently, I end up at the top of the team ranking at the end. It's just.... very entertaining. Splash Wall isnt even necessary at all, most of the time.

The only thing that can thwart me is an E-Liter, which is annoying. Though, in that case, I can at least distract them from the rest of the team, and a sniper directly in my view is alot easier to deal with than one that isnt. Still, if that happens, THEN I'll change my tactics. Seems rare though. Most snipers seem to prefer that area near the northern side of the map.

Suction bombs can also be a bit obnoxious though, but arent too much trouble.

Toaster

Senior Squid
I just just got my best k/d ratio yesterday with the classic squiffer in ranked. I got 17 splats and got splatted 7 times.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I just just got my best k/d ratio yesterday with the classic squiffer in ranked. I got 17 splats and got splatted 7 times.
Once I killed 16 people and got splatted 4 times WITH AN AEROSPRAY.... step yo game UP!

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Me, a simple Inkbrush Nouveau in rainmaker: *Activates bubbler as the enemy team breaks the Rainmaker's shield near our base, comes out of the explosion unscathed, proceeds to kill all 3 of them as they try to get to the Rainmaker*

..we still didn't win, but that felt really cool

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had this match where one of our guys got dropped. Normally things go south from there, but despite our handicap we managed to pull off a decent victory! It helped that in the last few seconds I nailed at least two of the Bad Guys with my Inkzooka and the guy with the Splash-O-Matic also had his special ready and threw Suction Bombs everywhere to secure our win. A defining moment for teamwork!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom