• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Hid from an enemy with a bubbleshield and attacked (Slosher) when I thought it would be over. Good moment for me since I had problems dealing with bubblers. Our ChargerInkling saw this and said "Cool!". Yai!

Lag: Swam up to a plattform on Bluefin (Blauflossen Depot) and started to roll, 1-2 seconds later the ink appeared and a message that I splatted someone. I stopped looking arround. In his/her cam I must have looked very confused.

And another moment today: An enemy shot a Killerwail in my direction and also did I. We splatted each other, was funny.
Double Wails are funny. Especially when people from both teams get caught in them.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Today I splatted 3 enemies in a row in close combat, when I realized it I lowered my head to show them my honour.

Last edited:

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
During the last Splatfest, I was using the Nozzlenose and hit two enemies with a Disruptor, then whipped out the Killer Wail and nailed them with it since they couldn't really get out of the way. It was a fun, if impractical, double splat (we won that match, too).

Also, during a regular match on the Mall, we were getting pushed back and I managed to get into the centre. There was an E-Litre at the top of the ramp, and I just started walking towards him without shooting. He backed up enough to fall off the edge and into the water. It was pretty funny, though we lost the match. Totally worth it, I'd say.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
One of the big German Nintendo-related magazines held a writers vs readers tournament earlier this month and while they didn't do any kind of statistics or leaderboards (even though it sounded like they'd give out prizes earlier...), I made it into the "special thanks" section of their report on it, basically saying "there were lots of people, but you and this handful of other guys were the coolest". Nothing big, but hey - getting in there without writing them a letter is hard enough I guess xD

(unfortunately they didn't print the star that belongs to my nick for some reason, but that's details XP )

btw, the other players mentioned in this section were great too!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
You'd think a match where my team had three Rapid Blaster Pros (me included) would've gone poorly, but somehow we ended up with such good synergy that we completely dominated the other team.

I also went back into ranked matches for some good old Rainmaker. It was tough and I lost several rank points on average, but I did have this shining moment where I helped my team win the last match I played. We were all fighting for the Rainmaker's shield not far from the enemy base, and they were leading by a fair amount. However, while helping my team in their efforts I got enough turf coverage for the special. Thinking quickly, I used it to splat the two guys fighting against us for the shield and a third member who intended a surprise attack. Just to seal the deal, I distracted the lone Bad Guy remaining long enough for the team to plant the Rainmaker and score. Totally worth the 3500p bonus even with fully leveled-up gear.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I played Splat Zones on Camp Triggerfish and I managed to push my team to victory by barely straying from the closest zone to spawn, and throwing splat bombs to the other side occasionally (Even though some guy who goes by Squilliam did better than). I also cornered this .52 Gal by waiting until their Splash Wall let up and going in for the kill.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I splatted 3 people with a single Ink Mine during RainMaker mode. While I was killed in the process it gave my team some time to push the RainMaker on the other side of the map.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I finally made it to S+ rank! The last stretch was particularly brutal. Any losses were always -6 points, and most of my wins were either +2, +3, or +4 at most. I'm tempted to never touch solo ranked ever again, but S+ 99 is an alluring goal.

As for regular cool feats, I splatted two enemy teammates with one inkstrike, in the direct middle of Kelp Dome. They had just sent an inkstrike on the center platform, and just to be a jerk a sent one right afterwards. Apparently those two decided to use their inkstrike to get on the platform, only to have my inkstrike take them both out.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Rainmaker match, Urchin Underpass.
Grabbed the RM, and decided to try something I call "rainwalking".
(when you have the RM, you pull back on the left stick, hold down ZL, and mash the shoot button: it's surprisingly fast.)
Ended up getting all the way to the podium in my first two matches, completely solo.

Last edited:

inkling#2

Inkling
NNID
undefeatedrob
Some things that I can certainly brag about.

Thanks to the abilities I've rolled from Spike I am able to get my special filled up really fast and I also have other abilities equipped.
I know various tricks to spread a lot of ink quickly. One time on the Kope Dome stage I achieved a score of about 1800 with the Areospray RG. Most of the time getting above 1100 points in turf war is average to me. I almost never get bellow 1100 points. I pretty much mastered the Turf Wars.

If any of you people would like to private battle and see for your self we can. But remember, there is only enough room in this turf for one team.

Veena

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Anlaced
Just played my best tower control game yet. My team was a mix of A and A- while the opposition was an entire team of A+ players. Not sure if maybe one of the A+ disconnected but the game ended in a knockout with me going 16-4, had a couple of nice zookas, teammates were fantastic about pushing the objective and spreading ink. We were all playing really well together. Highlight of my day, I finally feel like I'm starting to improve and the game just gets more and more fun.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
So with the recent Rotation being on Splatzones (Camp Trigger and Blackbelly) and then some on Rainmaker (Urchin and Kelp dome) I don't know if it was me having a good day or Japan being in their splatfest. But i managed to rise solidly without many losses from A- to A+ with the Rapid Blaster(Vanilla), i think on average i got around 9 splats and 2 deaths each match. I'm starting to believe that the Rapid Blaster just might be better for me than the Rapid Blaster Deco.

I swear once Japan gets back from their Splatfest i'm going to have so much trouble keeping my rank.
Also yay me, i reached A+ with the Rapid blaster, if i can make S, then i'll be happy for the rest my Splatoon life.

Agent17

Inkling
NNID
TheAgent17
Finally got rank A+ ! Had a win streak with the Carbon Roller Deco, it's really good in Rainmaker mode (I splatted a lot of squids with the seeker), and the seeker fills 50% of the Rainmaker shield !

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
During Splatfest I managed to splat someone who threw up a Splash Wall in Walleye at the side entrance with my Sprinkler, by getting it over and behind them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom