The Bragging Thread

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I learned everything important on the battlefield :D Practice Mode is mainly for grasping the basics of a weapon, and subs aren't really easy to test in hot situations when you've only got regenerating dummies.
Yeah sometimes, but I made sure to see anyway :P

ssupermario92

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ssupermario92
there are multiple clans that will use certain setups when I appear in a scrim or tournament game.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had a really neat triple kill in one Splatfest match that I recorded. Helped that someone else got the last guy on the enemy team as well!

(Granted, actually getting a GIF uploaded here was a pain and I eventually had to resort to cloud storage. I just wanted to show it in glorious 60fps...)

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I managed to teamwipe some Art guys on Urchin Underpass by strafing the side entrance as they tried to circle around my teammates who were at the front area near the grate leading to the lower courtyard on their side.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Well, I'm gonna brag about Splatfest now

So I got stuck with this team compiled of three girls using Aerosprays and one guy using the .96 Gal Deco.
Basically, we never lost against the tidies and within a minute or so of every match we had at least 75% of the map covered in our ink. We would always manage to climb up to their spawn point and pin them down, securing us a win.

It was a good 33 matches.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I think my best accomplishments would be the several matches where my team won when we were outnumbered 3 to 4.

Making it to S rank is pretty cool. Though sometimes I wonder if I deserve it after I have some bad performances in battle. XD

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My best intercept happened on Sunday in Rainmaker at the Kelp Dome. The enemy team had driven it into overtime and taken the Rainmaker from us when we were 20 away from victory. What did I do? Run to the far corner and PERFECTLY intercept the enemy Rainmaker bearer while dodging a charged shot, securing us the win by distance. Yessssssssss.

D

Deleted Member

Just set a new high score of 2146p on Turf Wars. Beat my old record of 2030p by over 100 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
tfw you enter ranked with E-liter not knowing how to use it, and play kelp dome rainmaker and carry to a knockout. I can actually show how the player movement in the map worked and how I carried

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Seeing a team mate get splatted by a sniper who decided to 'squidbag' after splatting her.... And then proceeding to splat him from directly behind. Probably not the biggest accomplishment but it gave me a pretty darn good laugh that he was more focused on that than the me standing right behind him. :rolleyes:

Playing Tower Control and managing to continuously splat enemies and protect the person on the Tower nearly the entire way. Normally... I'm splatted halfway through so that was pretty amazing that neither of us got splatted once during that game that ended very quickly. x)

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
I've got a few.
1) in a squad with @Smarty1two. it's TC, at Blackbelly Skatepark, and everything's going fine. a team-mate's riding the tower, we're getting close to the end, I'm following behind just in case....and all of a sudden, with only 15 meters to go, "You've lost the tower!".
so, I just rush in and throw a suction bomb, wiping out the enemy that climbed it. I then climbed on top of the tower, and see another two enemies approaching. I manage to kill the one furthest away, who hasn't boarded yet, but missed the closest who then climbed up the side opposite me. for whatever reason, he then decided to shoot the pillar in the middle, allowing me to swim right next him and splat him on the spot.
Ended the match with a triple kill and Knockout.
in another match, Smarty ended up at top of the leaderboard with a K/D of 9/0.
at the end of the session, he got to B+ like he planned to, and I reached A-.

2) first couple of matches in A-, in TC. Haven't been up there since the time I cheated my way up, which needless to say was not my finest moment.
So anyway, I'm starting to remember how I got rekt last time, getting nervous 'bout whether or not I should be this high up, and I just decide to go with it. if I bomb, so what?
first match, ended up getting to tower to knockout 0/68, with 12 kills and got top of the leaderboard.
second match, splatted 2 enemies who'd simultaneously climbed the tower to kill me, also winning by knockout.

(EIT: had some more A- matches today, and got to A- 70. To be honest, I'm surprised at how well I'm holding up in Solo Queue.
Perhaps I should have a specific weapon set for each gamemode, like I did today.)

Last edited:

Haeeun

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haeeun
It's not really bragging, since I didn't accomplish anything, but boy was it satisfying.
I was twin squading with a friend, and got splatted. The person started squidbagging, but before I respawned saw my friend creep up behind them while they were still squidbagging and swat them like a fly with his carbon roller XD Soooooooooo satisfying.

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
Map: Walleye
Mode: splatzones

Enemy plays very very well. They cover flanks with 2 different players, and I cannot get to the middle. They get to 1 point left, then BAM. I get 2 people with a killer wail, and win in a firefight against a suction rush player and survive. My team steals it and we carry it to a knockout, with me carrying the match 11/4. Rank boosts from B70 to B82.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom