'The Connection is Unstable'

°Sea Cowie°

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SailorMewn
Switch Friend Code
SW-6832-4486-4403
My wifi is not the best. Maybe not good at all. But the fact that I will get this message in a perfectly good wifi annoys me.
You may say that you have to adjust some things, but the only GOOD wifi I get is at some of my friend's houses, which They're not gonna fix, and neither am I. Their house was just provided with good wifi (somehow this town has horrible internet)
And my one friend who is experienced with this stuff says that it's fine and there is nothing to do about it.
I complain a lot. And by a lot, I mean a lot.
I understand this is a new game- I love Splatoon! But it was given to us so unpolished. I'd prefer of they'd work on it more, than give it to us now. (Probably not, my life is sad but I'm going to say this to make a point)
I hope they work on these issues, or I hope I'm wrong (But I do wish this is their issue, because if not, I'm complaining about nothing apart from my town's god-awful internet)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
They can improve the netcode all they want, people are still going to have lousy connections because ISPs suck, especially in America. I feel your pain.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Well the netcode seems pretty solid, the matchmaking is ok but could be improved for sure, wifi of the switch isnt as bad as everyone was thinking and yes ISPs love to buttfuck their costumers.

In the end, all of these things summed up makes the difference.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
and yes ISPs love to buttfuck their costumers.
Pretty much my situation as of now. Sometimes my ISP plays nice for the most part. But once in a while it will give the error once...and sometimes multiple times in a row, which results to a temp ban for 5 minutes.

Best we can do is deal with it, or switch our ISP's- which I will be doing eventually.

dishwasher

Full Squid
That sucks, but I've never seen that. It's probably that you have heavy packet loss which pretty much means you're **** out of luck unless you change ISPs.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
So I've been running into issues with my connection, despite having pretty great internet overall, and I assume it has something to do with the Switch. In my house, we have a desktop that if someone goes online on it, just for that split second, I lose my connection to Splatoon and DC. This as only happened with Splatoon 2, in MK8D there were no disconnects, and in all my time in Splatoon 1, DCs were likely just the standard internet hiccups that were very rare. Yesterday was particularly bad, since I had DC'd from a good three Splatzones matches, which wreaks havoc on your rank since you get an instant crack for DCing in ranked battles.

I need to look into the issue, and hopefully find a way to fix it, or invest in a wired connection just to be safe.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So I've been running into issues with my connection, despite having pretty great internet overall, and I assume it has something to do with the Switch. In my house, we have a desktop that if someone goes online on it, just for that split second, I lose my connection to Splatoon and DC. This as only happened with Splatoon 2, in MK8D there were no disconnects, and in all my time in Splatoon 1, DCs were likely just the standard internet hiccups that were very rare. Yesterday was particularly bad, since I had DC'd from a good three Splatzones matches, which wreaks havoc on your rank since you get an instant crack for DCing in ranked battles.

I need to look into the issue, and hopefully find a way to fix it, or invest in a wired connection just to be safe.
The Switch's wi-fi seems really inconsistent. I've heard all sorts of stories about it. In my case, it occasionally had days where I wouldn't get a signal unless I had it one foot away from the router. I can definitely recommend a wired connection, it's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
The Switch's wi-fi seems really inconsistent. I've heard all sorts of stories about it. In my case, it occasionally had days where I wouldn't get a signal unless I had it one foot away from the router. I can definitely recommend a wired connection, it's a small price to pay for peace of mind.
Yeah looks like I'll probably do that. Aside from my laptop, my Switch is the closest internet enable device to the router in the house, so it's definitely an issue with the Switch unfortunately. At least it works perfectly fine 99 percent of the time. Too bad that 1 percent is when I'm in a ranked battle, bonus frustration for all the ranked battles I've DCd from, we were doing well in. Yesterday I DCd from a Zones match where we had 10 seconds left, the whole enemy team was splatted, and we were all in the middle securing a nice victory. I just hope my teammates did not lose the zone in that time. :oops:

dishwasher

Full Squid
Woah really? When did you buy your Switch?
I got mine about 2 months after launch, so probably a different manufacturing batch, but I have had 0 problems with wifi, and normally devices would struggle where it is. Only problem I've noticed is an issue with joycon controllers interfering with each other when playing Mario Kart (specifically with 4 controllers connected).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Woah really? When did you buy your Switch?
I got mine about 2 months after launch, so probably a different manufacturing batch, but I have had 0 problems with wifi, and normally devices would struggle where it is. Only problem I've noticed is an issue with joycon controllers interfering with each other when playing Mario Kart (specifically with 4 controllers connected).
Launch day. I'll add your story to the pile, I wonder what's going on with the Switch wi-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom