• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 The dearth of splatoon 2 is upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
Suit yourself with your own opinions.

It won't change that smash wasn't meant to be competitive at its core when it was created, never said it wasn't. And the chance of it getting a sponsored tournament from nintendo themselves is still very low, if you count the tournament for trying out the game, that hardly count as one. Apology doesn't erase the past, so that doesn't change much to my opinion. Street Fighter has one of the most welcoming competitive scene in comparison to many fighting games, so I'll gladly see the competitive player of smash as uninteresting.

Should I also highlight I never said anything about being competitive? I was talking about players that just want to have fun. There is players who will willingly play with us and then cry that we're just "so bad" 'cause compared to them we aren't competitive, despite themselves being aware of what they were getting into.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Um....wasn't the Smash Demo tourney at E3 sponsored by Nintendo?

-*-

Full Squid
And what did Nintendo think the grand prize winner was worth? Less than the value
Suit yourself with your own opinions.

It won't change that smash wasn't meant to be competitive at its core when it was created, never said it wasn't. And the chance of it getting a sponsored tournament from nintendo themselves is still very low, if you count the tournament for trying out the game, that hardly count as one. Apology doesn't erase the past, so that doesn't change much to my opinion. Street Fighter has one of the most welcoming competitive scene in comparison to many fighting games, so I'll gladly see the competitive player of smash as uninteresting.

Should I also highlight I never said anything about being competitive? I was talking about players that just want to have fun. There is players who will willingly play with us and then cry that we're just "so bad" 'cause compared to them we aren't competitive, despite themselves being aware of what they were getting into.

You are totally right. Smash was not intended to be an esport and splatoon, specifically splatoon 2 was designed to be exactly that. Isn’t it sad the one that wasn’t designed for it has major sponsors like liquid and cloud 9 while splatoon has sponsors like set to destroy x who drop sponsorship of the game after only 1 year in?

-*-

Full Squid
It was to promote the game. That’s not a real lan. But we can compromise and call it a real lan. What was the prize again? Less than a minimum wage workers 2 week paycheck

-*-

Full Squid
Well technically speaking taking a **** in public will also get you a lot of attention.

Doesn't mean that you should do it.
Funny comparison. But not accurate, I’m the trump of this site. I say a quick opinion and the rest of you lose your minds all day over it . SO MUCH WINNING

-*-

Full Squid
idk why you seem to have that need to talk so much negativity about everything or brag so much about stuff :l but tbh your not giving yourself a good reputation,this is not the first time i seen you posting something like this to start a argument with people,are you really that bored or something?
I only wrote one post bragging. I actually write a lot of positive stuff and try to fit in with the rest of you, but those posts get zero attention so I decided to drop the act and be myself. It’s fun, and this post proves what it takes to make some noise. Every story needs a villain, I’m happy to be that for the splatoon community. I’ll be the trump for this crowd . I’m past trying to get a good reputation with nice posts, if people don’t like me cool, the more the better.

Noco

Full Squid
Me “this game is going nowhere and is perfect for people who aim for the same”

You “I don’t aim for a significant career like a doctor or lawyer”

Point proven.
ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom