Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Boy: Bowl Cut

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
With the addition of two new hairstyles for both male and female squid kids.

Are these four new styles spicing it up for you? Are you planning to change you Inkling's hairstyle?

Which hairstyle you planning to use onward? What do you think of the new cuts?

Just to review. These are the hairstyles.
Inkling Girl
  • Classic - The classic Splatoon 1 girl hairstyle with the long iconic tentacles and short back.
  • Bob Cut - The cover Splatoon 2 girl's hair, short front tentacles and short back.
  • Knot - Hair tied up into a vertical knot.
  • Comb Over - Sing long curled tentacle combed to the left of her head.
  • Pigtails - The brand new diced pigtails on both sides. Changes to a single tail while wearing hats.
  • Long Sliced - New emo hair. Similar to classic but with the ends of the tentacles cut off. Includes a long back which is also sliced off. Longer flat bangs.

Inkling Boy
  • Classic - The classic Splatoon 1 boy ponytail with pulled back hair.
  • Comb Back Spike - The cover Splatoon 2 boy's hair, three large tentacles combed back into a pair of spikes.
  • Buzz Cut - A full clean buzz cut with scar marks.
  • Comb Over - A single tentacle pushed to the right side of his head.
  • Spiked Fohawk - The new fohawk, buzzed sides with a spiked middle.
  • Bowl Cut - Brand new Korean bowl cut. Super long bangs, comes up in the back.

Old hairstyles:

Brand new hairstyles:

Was using the Boy's comb over, but I'll be honest, might switch over to the new Korean bowl cut. I like the long combed bangs on the front. Wanna see how it looks with a hat covering the back.

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Personally I will stick to the bob cut. The new emo hair for the female Inklings is really cool, just a bit too edgy for my tastes.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm still waiting for them to add a proper long-haired style for male Inklings. In the meantime I'm sticking with the comb-over, since it's the closest thing we have for now.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I tried the emo hair for a few matches, saw at least three other girls Inklings with the same hair in each match and went back to the old bob cut.

Ron'NeilV3

Full Squid
NNID
Ronneil_koopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-3809-0916-6288
I can’t decide what I like better out of the Buzz Cut and the Bowl Cut. They both look so dope on my Inkling! So I find myself alternating between the two of em.o_O

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I would use the bowl cut, but it just looks too... nerdy and dorky. Like the stereotypical nerd who just studies all day, and I don't really like that (even though I'm sorta that person).

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
The original hair and the original shorts are all I'll ever use.

Egg Queen

Full Squid
I'm still a big fan of the knot! I miiiight switch over to long sliced every now and then for specific outfits though :)

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I'm still waiting for them to add a proper long-haired style for male Inklings. In the meantime I'm sticking with the comb-over, since it's the closest thing we have for now.
My real-life hair is long so Im also waiting for a proper long hair style for the boys. Im sticking to the Long-Sliced style from the girls.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I didn't really like any of the new ones at first, but the long & sliced hairdo grew on me really quickly (after having worn it for a while). It looks very Asian to me for some reason, and I very much enjoy Asian styled everything, so why not!? :D

I also think the bowl cut is pretty cute, and I didn't like it either in the beginning. I guess you just have to get used to them. :)

I remember these fan-made hairdos that were 'leaked' way back... I think those hairstyles were way better than the ones we got, but I'm still quite happy.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
What if Nintendo did comunity competisions to design new hairstyles, then rolled them out with patches and updates regulaly?
I didn't really like any of the new ones at first, but the long & sliced hairdo grew on me really quickly (after having worn it for a while). It looks very Asian to me for some reason, and I very much enjoy Asian styled everything, so why not!? :D

I also think the bowl cut is pretty cute, and I didn't like it either in the beginning. I guess you just have to get used to them. :)

I remember these fan-made hairdos that were 'leaked' way back... I think those hairstyles were way better than the ones we got, but I'm still quite happy.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I'm still using the girl's asymmetric hair. The new sliced long style rocks but the hair on one side is more similar to my hair IRL. I like the other new sliced hair when it's back as a ponytail, not a fan of pigtails though.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's going to be nigh impossible to not keep the classic girl's hair my main hair style from now on. It's just perfect! But I did try the new long slice one for a little bit, and it's pretty good. But given my fondness of the classic, even my friends felt it was wrong seeing my inkling with any other style.

Last edited:

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
It's going to be nigh impossible to not make the classic girl's hair my main hair style from now on. It's just perfect! But I did try the new long slice one for a little bit, and it's pretty good. But given my fondness of the classic, even my friends felt it was wrong seeing my inkling with any other style.
I understand. c: Have you always worn the same hairdo, even in Splatoon (1)?

IRL my hair is super long, and I have a fringe, so the hairstyle you're using (the one in my avatar ;)) would truly suit me the best as well, if I were to make my Inkling look as much as I as possible. ^.^

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I change it from time to time, but currently I'm rocking the pigtails. They look great in certain caps, when it's just coming from the back (unfortunately that's not for a lot of them). It also looks great if a hat kind of makes the pigtails push down (like the Camping Hat does). With glasses or something like that though...yikes.

Also tried the long sliced, but it just looks creepy the way it's cut at the back. Plus it just looks unnatural or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom