The most overused weapon you see?

NNID
daguyontheladder
I noticed your sig, and out of sheer concern i should tell you. One time i posted my steam name on a social network, and i still receive spam adds from it. I get about 5 people adding me per day who are spammers trying to scam me out of my account, im not saying anyone here would do that ; but this is a public forum, and those who are not logged in can still view posts and get your steam. Im just sayin'...be careful sharing that.... I never give my steam out now..
the thing about social networks is that they have a plefta of bots designed to do this exact thing. it's mainly due to the fact the website is so popular. sadly, squidboards is not that popular of a website. as a result, this would most likely not happen. i gave my steam account on youtube comment sections, and nothing compromised my account, so i think this issue is exclusive to social media sites, where people casually put up their personal information every single day.

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
Personally I'd like to see less Squelchers, and Pros... they aren't bad, but they're friggin' everywhere.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
I noticed your sig, and out of sheer concern i should tell you. One time i posted my steam name on a social network, and i still receive spam adds from it. I get about 5 people adding me per day who are spammers trying to scam me out of my account, im not saying anyone here would do that ; but this is a public forum, and those who are not logged in can still view posts and get your steam. Im just sayin'...be careful sharing that.... I never give my steam out now..
Ey, man. I appreciate the lookout, but that's already happenin' lol. I get scammers sending friend requests on an often basis with the message "I HAVE THIS SCREENSHOT OF YOU, BRO" with a suspicious link attached. I know the deal. Thanks for the alert, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom