The most overused weapon you see?

wisdomsprince

Inkling
NNID
wisdomsprince
Dynamo Rollers & Kraon Rollers. And they're usually jump slashing which is VERY annoying! They even get in sniping positions and start raining down splashes. It should be weaker when using the splash, not one kill

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
In turf wars: Aerospray and klak-on roller

In splat zone: There more variety ; but klak-on roller are again the most commonly seen for me

TheBlindFreak

Inkling
NNID
TheBlindFreak
I agree about rollers. On my way to B and level 20, my only real grip with the game is that roller flicking is incredibly powerful. Damage needs to be toned down and should degrade over distance rapidly. The one shot kill with the flick should only happen at close range, beyond that, damage should drop off.

Aerospray is good, but I wouldn't call it over powered. It suffers from a pretty harsh range limit. Back when I was mainly using the squelcher and dual squelcher, I had absolutely no issue with aerosprays. It's difficult to deal with as an inkbrush main, but I've learned to take them on carefully or toy with them to give my mates an easy kill.

Erico9001

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Erico9001
krak-on roller is overused. It is a good weapon, but it performs worse than the standard roller on certain maps.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i don't know about in the US time zones, but in japan i see a RIDICULOUS amount of squelcher variants.

of course i see a ton of aerosprays and too many krakons, and recently the number of e-liters has risen a TON (though it's still minimal)... but the number of squelchers is painful.

or maybe i just notice more of them since as a squiffer they are my mortal enemy

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
Why do I never see a nozzlenose? It's really quite good.
But nope crack rollers all day.

NNID
Kaina-Dani
Those confounded Aerosprays! SO good and most of the people I run up against actually know how to use them so it's just like wait to get splatted and try again (unless I have a bubbler handy).

Those and the Krack Rollers...Ugggggh...

RtMbot

Inkling
Aerosprays for sure. I think that it made sense back when everybody was learning the game and trying out new things, but now that most of us have gotten used to fighting against them, I think that they're way too common and not really as strong as people believe them to be.

Gals are common too, but I think they're strong enough to warrant them being used frequently.

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
I just don't understand the aerospray hype. The splash o' matic has the same fire rate, is more accurate and has better subweapons. So if you wanna ink a lot of turf with it just flail your controller around.

NNID
daguyontheladder
Always a .52 Gal Deco with either a gas mask or a jungle hat. Dont know why, but I see this player in every ranked match.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Aero RG, obviously. Not for bad reason considering it IS a good weapon. I also see a lot of scrubs who use the Krak-on because it's the "ez-pz" weapon of Splatoon, and people who use the paintbrush even though they're garbage at using it.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Aero RG, obviously. Not for bad reason considering it IS a good weapon. I also see a lot of scrubs who use the Krak-on because it's the "ez-pz" weapon of Splatoon, and people who use the paintbrush even though they're garbage at using it.
This thread is for weapons that are seen a lot, not necessarily those that make you groan when you see them. Because in both turf
and ranked, you don't see many inkbrushes at all. Especially now that the carbon roller is out, it's been a few days and there are still a lot of them.
Probably because it's the mobile ambush weapon people wished the inkbrush would be.

Krak-on is popular because it is unlocked early and novelty of normal splat roller hasn't quite worn off yet, on top of being the first
opportunity to use kraken.

Reudig

Inkling
Carbon / Gold Dynamo rollers ... I hate them, I hate them, I hate them ^^ But there's never been a single game for me in Splatzones without Carbon / Gold Dynamo roller...

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I just don't understand the aerospray hype. The splash o' matic has the same fire rate, is more accurate and has better subweapons. So if you wanna ink a lot of turf with it just flail your controller around.
Actually I think the Aerospray shoots about as fast as the N-Zap and the Jr.; the only thing I've trully seen tie an Aerospray in the rate of fire is the Nozzlenose (and that's within the burst).

The most I see is the Aerosprays and the Gals, although I do spot some other weapons from time to time (except the Custom Jr., that one seems extinct)

Woznito

Inkling
NNID
Woznito
The Sniper.... I mean Dynamo Roller, Krak-On Roller, Aerosprays.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394

I noticed your sig, and out of sheer concern i should tell you. One time i posted my steam name on a social network, and i still receive spam adds from it. I get about 5 people adding me per day who are spammers trying to scam me out of my account, im not saying anyone here would do that ; but this is a public forum, and those who are not logged in can still view posts and get your steam. Im just sayin'...be careful sharing that.... I never give my steam out now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom