• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The new Splatfest

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Soooooo. What's everyone's opinion on the new splatfest XD... cause all I can say is I burst out laughing when I found out what it was... I still don't know which to pick.
My opinion on the new splatfest is this dated meme
My reaction: WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? NINTENDO SERIOUSLY? Like HOW?

And I can't believe it yet... But it also seems to be a European only splatfest. I can't wait for german youtubers to react to that splatfest.

However: I share the same opinion for this splatfest... WHY?
View attachment 5617

Oh and my choice:
Waifu (x5): Pearl (Front)
Personal Preference (x10): 0 (Can't decide)
My Toilet: Front

So its a 6 - 0 decision
As long I have a reasonable opinion I'm going to vote for that (See Ketchup, IceCream and Flight) but for this one it's a question of my waifu (Pearl) and a question of the toilet paper in my toilet. And I still can't believe that this splatfest is a thing.
Holy... you decide the EXACT same way as me, except I add color as a x3 score.

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
to be honest i don’t even pay attention to what way i put it. i had to walk into my my bathroom and will just chose front bc that’s the way it was.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
My opinion on the new splatfest is this dated meme

Holy... you decide the EXACT same way as me, except I add color as a x3 score.
That system actually kinda busted... Even if waifu (Pearl)bonus and the "how it is for me right now" bonus goes to the left side. I would still pick the left side as long as I like it more... But for this splatfest I can't say that there is a opinion of mine...

R

RandomSquid

Well I guess when European it's really important to know how you're a wipin' afterwards.

This is why I have no friends.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Are people confusing this for the direction you wipe?!

We all know any civilized person hangs their TP over/in front.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I have to admit that I felt dismay when I saw the theme of this month's Splatfest, but now I'm just not thinking about it much anymore. x*) It feels very odd to walk around, attempting to look fresh (as all us Inklings do) with a toilet roll-adorned shirt. x_O;;

Oh well, as always I will fight for my team. :p

Neva

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2770-4966-8786
I might just pick back roll to avoid a ton of mirror battles and because I prefer the blue... I haven't seen anyone who actually admits hanging their toilet paper that way yet?? It's just Marina fanboys and -girls picking her side. Or maybe I'm wrong...

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
As stupid as this theme is - if we had been told we were getting EU exclusive Splatfest themes, I would not have been surprised in the slightest that we got something like this as one our Splatfest themes.

NoE delivers once again!

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
Omg, this is so funny!! This is the first i'm hearing of the new theme, I love it, its an easy one!
Hopefully they will bring back one of the original maps from Splatoon for it!:D

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I decided to pick front as I commonly see toilet paper facing front rather than back...

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
This splatfest is clearly a test to see how many poeple will pick backroll only because of Marina right? Right?
I have nothing to say just.... x.x;;
Good old Nintendo of Europe keeping up with the trend Splat 1 had, huh...?
I'm wondering if that splatfest is going to be in America too...

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I managed to get online with my Switch the other day only to find out that the Splatfest still hadn't officially started in-game. I thought this was a bit weird, but I figured I'd check again in a couple of days. Come today and still nothing. I thought this was pretty confusing so I checked the Splatoon wiki and apparently Oceania is getting America's Splatfests now rather than Europe's. Which is weird as hell because, for all intents and purposes, I think we're still officially considered part of Europe for the sake of marketing and distribution and stuff.

I don't really know how to feel about it. On the one hand, I'm kind of glad that we won't have to deal with this ridiculous Splatfest theme (not to mention whatever other ones NoE comes up with in future). But on the other hand, I also really enjoyed *****ing about being saddled with ridiculous Splatfest themes.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
I actually use the back roll in real life...but it doesnt mean that the splatfest isnt stupid..

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
OK I AM NOT HAPPY WITH NINTENDO.

I didn't check all my recordings but I can say that for all the matches against back. I won 75% and only lost 1 time (Yep I had just 4 matches against back roll. All other of my like 30 to 40 matches were mirror matches... And that is bad... not even 50% of my matches were against the other team. I didn't mind facing my own team so often but I feel like what ever the results are I couldn't do anything.

EDIT: The results of the splatfest are out.
Segment_0002.png

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Another win in the pocket, and yes, as a Front Roll member, I played mostly against other Front Rollers as wel. I don't really mind, since Splatfests are the most fun times to play anyway.

Also, this Shifty Station did NOT shift. What's up with that?

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I guess the more interesting part is that front role had a huge over popularity and still won... It means that I were right: Under popularity does not guarantee the victory. I almost did not achieve king but in the end with the points of the last battle I got it.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Yeah... It was a mirror match disaster. Out of 35 matches I played 31 were mirror matches... Just 4 against back rolled toilet paper which was very bad. In the Flight vs. Invisibility Splatfest: Out of 72 battles I just had 9 mirror matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom