• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Not so Great Turf War [OOC and Recruitment thread]

Should We Leave Inkario?

• Yes. He deserves it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we all make mistakes.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Oh, hi Shelldon, me and my squad would like some new weapons.
"One second, I'm working, on, something." Shelldon said,"Here, give 'er a whirl!"
"What is this?" Inkario said while his friends leaned in close.
"What does this button do?" said Inkario, even though he already pressed it.
"You fool!" said Shelldon, "You've sent us back to the Great Turf War! Now we have to stay here for 72 hours before we can return."
"Oops."

Okay, with that intro over with, let's get to the juicy part. So basically the way this is gonna work is like this:
It will be more of a structured RP, and you stay in the Great Turf War, and you can do (almost) anything. For example, if you want to ditch your friends, you can. If you want to betray them, you can. But you CANNOT kill them. Combat will probably work through a set of choices, and each character has their own stats, which I will post at the end of each cycle. Me and @VeryButter will be the GMs. 3 cycles and the 72 hr cycle will be done. Then, when you return to the present, something will probably be messed up. Then, you have 2 choices, you can return to the Great Turf War to fix your mistakes, or stay in the present. These choices will be made by a vote. That cycle will be one where you post Yay, or Nay, in character of course. Oh, and the max is 8. Let's begin!

@KTKres: Kbot accepted!
@Right Whale: Ranae accepted!
@Topazrekerboy : Rhin accepted!
@Rustic Terence accepted!
x___________________________________

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Great idea! Can I join up, but I don't think my inkling will be doing a lot as far as battling goes. He might be sitting on the sidelines studying, considering he's huge into studying the world's past, and the Great Turf War is a colossal event in the inklings' past.

Name: Kbot
Race: Inkling
Appearance: Typical Inkling Boy hairstyle, etc. Slightly Tan (I think it's either game skin tone 2 or 3 off the top of my head.)
Clothing: Retro Specs and Squidvaider Cap, Black or White Anchor Tee, Yellow Seahorses
Family: Unknown/Forgotten
Friends: Other IU members, obvi.
Weapons: (in no particular order) N-Zap 85, Splash-o-matic, (Custom/Regular) Splattershot Jr, Areospray RG/MG, L-3 Nozlenose, Krack-on Splat Roller, Carbon Roller, Heavy Splatling.
Personality: Kbot will take into consideration all factors when making choices and will choose his best possible option, pre-match with weapon selection and during a match with where to go and what role to take on. He likes to be prepared for everything.
Background: As a young squid, Thomas was always tactical. He was excellent in school, and doesn't really remember much else from his early years, besides that he had grew up in a suburb just a train ride away from Inkopolis. He had a gift when it came to technology, and frequently helps people with their squid phones. This was where he got his nickname. Tbot didn't exactly roll off the tongue, so he used his second favorite letter to make Kbot. This is what he goes by today. Kbot also likes researching where he came from, who his ancestors were, and the problems that may cause the downfall of current society.
It was not until recently that he got interested in the sport of Turf Wars. He really enjoyed the sport, and started to look around the already thriving community for a group of people to hang out with. He succeded in joining the Underground after a little poking around.
He's been active in helping evolve the sports in Turf Wars, Splat Zones, and Tower Control by helping out with running tournaments and things of the such, although he has not been able to play recently. He's met a lot of new people doing so, and can recognize a few faces participating in the tournaments. He's been trying to help out wherever possible.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Name: Ranae "Limelight Girl"
Race: Sea Anemone
Appearance:
Ranae usually wears a colorful T-Shirt with a dark green hoodie and dark jeans aswell as accompanying a baby turtle in her hair named Torq.
Relations: Though not living in Inkopolis Ranae makes regular contact with her family, she also has many friends she met in Inkopolis. Ranae looks up to Annie who runs the head gear shop like a living manifestation of God. She dresses similar and she even has a sea creature in her hair too!
Weapons: She owns a Splattershot Jr. yet having no knowledge on how it works, she has never entered a Ink battle since she isn't an Inkling but she doesn't care.
Personality: Ranae enjoys being with people and making jokes and try's to be friends with every race in Inkopolis and not just Anemone and Inklings, she enjoys messing about with friends and with her baby turtle on the streets of Inkopolis. All in all, she is a very outgoing and loving person.
Hobbies: She enjoys selling items of clothing on the streets of Inkopolis for relatively cheap prices, preferably hats and headbands. She has her own little business going! Ranae loves most brands, but, she has a soft spot for Rockenberg and Firefin. She also enjoys singing and proforming in the Inkopolis Theater, though she wasn't the best by all means, she gained the nickname from her friends "Limelight Girl"
Backstory: She grew up in a small town mostly inhabited by anemone but a few other races also lived there, she went to a school nearby where she spent most of her time. She was a great student scoring well in tests and being well behaved in classes. When she wasn't in school she was mostly outside playing with her jelly friend Jerry. Jerry was quite the pessimist, yet quite happy most of the time. His dreams we're to work in Inkopolis Tower. As she grew up she read about an anemone named Annie living in Inkopolis who sold head gear, since she loved fashion at the time, Annie became her Role-Model very fast. When she was 13 Jerry moved away to Inkopolis leaving her with no good friends to play with. She spent most of her time becoming a fashion expert with the equipment her parents bought her for her thirteenth birthday. After a long time of being alone with her fashion she asked her parents if she could move to Inkopolis so she could meet Annie and talk to her friend again, they told her she could and the same day she was on her way to Inkopolis. On the way she found a tiny baby turtle with no parents to look after it, it looked it was struggling to stay alive out here. She took it and gave it a home in her hair, naming it Torq. Once she arrived in the bustling city of Inkopolis she made many new friends aswell as meeting Jerry again. She met Annie and was in complete shock seeing her in the flesh. After about a year of living in Inkopolis she had saved up enough cash from her small clothing buisness to buy an apartment in a apartment block near the main plaza. Her apartment was VERY colorful and had many paintings and different clothing items framed on the walls. She was still friends with Jerry and now with many new friends who we're of many different races. While selling clothes she also made many different versions of clothes she had for sale, such as a Zekko hoodie that she had modified to make it have different abilities for Inklings who wanted them.

Might as well be in as much RP as possible.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Name: Rhin Ardongale
Race: Inkling (but with Octoling-like hair, which is why he was often accused of being one)
Appearance: Has Octoling-like hair, one big tentacle covering his right eye too. Since the clothing shops flooded with new clothing, he changed his look! He has 18k aviators, The Balck inky rider and Octoling boots.
Relations: isn't really related to anyone other than his parents, who abandoned him when he was a small Inkling (atleast he doesn't think he's related to anyone other than his parents)
Weapons: The Slosher, L-3 Nozzlenose, Custom Dual Squelcher and The Krak-on Splat Roller.
Personality: Rhin usually seems full of himself and always upbeat, but inside he is really insecure and a sack of sadness. Inside, he's usually always sad, sometimes for no reason, but he chooses not to show it by acting cool and junk and being someone he's not. At times he can sometimes be selfless and care about other people more than himself.
Hobbies: Doing Ink Battles, Looking cool, all that junk.
Backstory: Lived in a small town with his parents until they abandoned him, the. He moved by himself to Inkopolis. He eventually learned how to take care of himself while intrested in Ink Battles. He also eventually became popular becuase of Ink Battles so he continued doing it. He tried to find a good friend to hang out with and actually understand that he is always sad, but so far no good results.

Interesting RP, I wanna join!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Squidboards will only alert you if you have 'read' (aka scrolled past) all posts in the thread and then a new one is added, or you are replied to or tagged. Something to take note of.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I dunno I guess I'll be added when you guys return to your normal time, but anyway I guess I will apply. It's slightly edited to fit this

Name:Terence
Race:Inkling (Want to be specific? Colossal Squid or in this case Giant Octopus?)
Appearance:Terence towers over the average Inkling He wears a yellow vest and a blank white tee, dark blue jeans and white trainers. He is neither handsome or ugly just between.
Family: Mother and baby brother
Personality: Slightly cold and analytical, explosive, shy, quiet and lazy unless its important.
Backstory: He moved to Inkopolis from the cold southern seas when he was 10. His father had died to a terminal Ink condition leaving his Mother to carry the burden of raising two boys. Terence, due to this dilemma was distanced from other Inklings, due to his 'new kid' status from moving in and his intimidating size. Terence was sitting around on his favourite bench in the Plaza, waiting for something interesting to happen.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Okay, you'll have to wait for 2 weeks or so if that's okay with you.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Yeah that's alright, don't worry about it.

I dunno what's gonna happen but I got the alternate Octoling Terence ready if I feel like betraying or if you guys manage to change it that much.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Um, do you guys want to keep this thing going, cause I could end it if no one really wants to do it anymore.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Sadly, I'm not sure if this can keep running anyway. @Topazrekerboy is having some problems it seems and @Right Whale doesn't seem to be able to get a post in. This makes our only person @KTKres, and I don't think we can continue with one roleplayer.

If anything, we can try "wiping" the roleplay - restarting from scratch. Then we can gather new people and try again.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Sadly, I'm not sure if this can keep running anyway. @Topazrekerboy is having some problems it seems and @Right Whale doesn't seem to be able to get a post in. This makes our only person @KTKres, and I don't think we can continue with one roleplayer.

If anything, we can try "wiping" the roleplay - restarting from scratch. Then we can gather new people and try again.
Eh, Whatever works. I won't be too disappointed, I have a lot of other things to do.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
All right, we could try wiping it and restarting from scratch. So I'm gonna let @VeryButter take over, as you seem to have more experience than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom