The Paintbrush update is tomorrow!

Are you gonna try it immediately?

• Total voters

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
I don't think it'll be very good. Yeah it's fast, but the whole point of Rollers is to cover ground and flaten people by surprise, not charging in for KOs.

Y'all should be excited for the Carbon Roller instead. Carbon fiber is a light material, so it's probably a faster Roller that doesn't cover insignificant amounts of ground.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Killing is essential in Splat Zones. If it is a good killing tool, yeah I think it will be pretty good, especially with the sprinkler and the inkstrike.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I don't think it'll be very good. Yeah it's fast, but the whole point of Rollers is to cover ground and flaten people by surprise, not charging in for KOs.

Y'all should be excited for the Carbon Roller instead. Carbon fiber is a light material, so it's probably a faster Roller that doesn't cover insignificant amounts of ground.
With the Paintbush, your running speed while painting is faster than normal running speed. In addition, the Artist Slashes seem capable of covering quite a lot of range.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Killing is essential, yes, but the ink coverage is terrible. Basically the only way to kill somebody in this game is by outranging them or by turning a blind corner. I mean, the speed is good, but to me it's like trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. Rollers don't have much of a place in Splat Zones, especially one that can't swoop in cover the whole thing in seconds.

D_Neon

Inkster Jr.
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Killing is essential, yes, but the ink coverage is terrible. Basically the only way to kill somebody in this game is by outranging them or by turning a blind corner. I mean, the speed is good, but to me it's like trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. Rollers don't have much of a place in Splat Zones, especially one that can't swoop in cover the whole thing in seconds.
Rollers who use their initial shake attack instead of just rolling around can provide the best area coverage in Splat Zones. Dynamo Rollers can really force the opponent to respond to them by contesting the zones from relative safety.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Welp, I'm terribly unimpressed. A mere 20 damage on ramming, bleh. And the melee attack isn't much better at just 28 per hit, or 21 on a splash (which seems to have a random spread you can't consistently count on).

But what really stands out as an issue is the fact that it's hard to go back and reload through your ink trail without falling out.

Dream21

Full Squid
Was super excited for this weapon since I saw it on the back, but it's highly unimpressive. Doesn't do much damage and anytime someone attacks me with it I have to laugh it's just so ridiculous.

It's fun to play, no doubt, but it's not useful in the grand scheme of things. Splat rollers or Dynamo rollers are a much better option to this one.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Rollers who use their initial shake attack instead of just rolling around can provide the best area coverage in Splat Zones. Dynamo Rollers can really force the opponent to respond to them by contesting the zones from relative safety.
Never said they couldn't, but ultimately getting them in position is a chore. Rather have another of something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom