• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The pants movement has begun

Jet

Full Squid
NNID
Jetcore500
I've noticed in the last 24 hours that there has been an increase in miiverse posts in the splatoon Community relating to pants I have dubed this the pants movement where players have been asking for the ability to shop for and equip different pants as well as hairstyles and other accessories.

Ametrine

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ferrethugger98
Meh, I'd rather create an accessory category for items like glasses or bows.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
You're an Ant now~ you're pants now~ with implants now~ In a trance now~ take a stance now~ do a dance now~
Papapapapa, Pantstoon!

Pesty

Inkster Jr.
I imagine they didn't do this because of clipping issues. And how would it work with the masks?
They could do it like in Animal Crossing. Certain hats could be classified as helmets, meaning you can't wear glasses/a face accessory/etc with them on as it'd be covered up/clip, but regular hats like the headbands are fair game. Of course, this might lead to balancing issues, but they could also just make the extra accessory merely aesthetic.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
I think pants would be a good idea. I wanna put a skirt on my boy Inkling :P. I would really like hairstyles too, but I see them as having no stats since we have hats. I wouldn't want hairstyles to be classified as a hat because then we'd miss out on things like glasses and headbands.

MajorasMask9

Inkling
NNID
MajorasMask9
I'd just like pants because with some gear setups the shorts look ridiculous. You could wear the heaviest jacket with the fluffiest hat and biggest boots, and then you're wearing plain black shorts to go with it. Not very fresh if you ask me...

Even if they were only an aesthetic option I think it wouldn't hurt; it just gives more choice to the player to customize their appearance.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
The reason I don't want pants is because it'd mean even more work to reroll and min-max the perfect abilities. Please no.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Yay for pants...as long as there is no slutty things to choose from like hot pants or mini-skirts.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Meh, I'd rather create an accessory category for items like glasses or bows.
Glasses count as headgear, though I wish there was a way to combine headpieces into one piece for the category (with a stat reset of course)

Widdle Mac

Inkling
NNID
pollojustice
This is a matter I am VERY passionate about - it fills heart with the flames and fury reminiscent of my times in Daein.

I LOVE the floppy squid hair that they have for the squidgals, but I feel very meh on squid boy's aesthetics. Having new floppy squid hair options would be WONDERFUL and I would purchase them all and flop freely in the breeze with it. I quite liked the Octo hair from the Octogirls in single player mode... pls i need it badly

I echo the same sentiment as many of you in my desire for new pantaloons. I find it both abhorrent, unsanitary, and certainly not the most attractive that we are FORCED to wear the same black spandex shorts EVERY time we play Splatoon. Unless they're thinking of adding a Washing Machine Palace in the Inkopolis Plaza where I can wash these bacteria-ridden shorts, filled with my sweat, squid secretion slimes, and INK, I want some GOSH DARNED new pants options. but no i really do want pants fashion is very important to me

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Well, without the hair, you really would have a tough time telling them apart, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom