The point distribution is horrible...

1o2

Inkling Cadet
>Team of 4, B-, B, A, S: Krak-On, Octoshot, Bucket, and Range Blaster (me)
>Team of 3 S+'s: Rapid Blaster, Octobrush, Normal Roller
>We lose
>Lose 18 points

Fix this nintendo.
I mean, it was a 3v4, so the other team was constantly winning a 2v1 scenario. I'm not gonna say it was fair, because anyone who is S+ is a great player, but still, you should've been able to win that.

Anyway, it seems like having an S member on your team for squad battles completely skews the point distribution. I'm guessing instead of taking an average rank for both teams, each rank and number within that rank has a value. A/A+/S/S+ all have tiering within them, meaning a different tier in a rank would probably have a different value. My guess is that anyone who is A+ to S rank has a huge gap in terms of their "value" to the team. Let's say the ranks all flaw between 0-100 (in terms of value).

A+ 90 (highest tier of A+) could be worth 55/60. S would probably be valued at 75-85, and S+ would be 86-100 in terms of value, depending on their tier. Obviously C- would start at 0-5 or something like that.

Note, this is just a guess at how the system could potentially work. As for the 4v3 situation, I'm assuming that between the inflated value of an S ranked player on your team, and you having a one man advantage, the game figured it would be unfair for the S+'s. This would definitely make sense, as if you took the average rank of both teams, it obviously would be unfair for the team of 4.

Charlight

Meme Spy
I mean, it was a 3v4, so the other team was constantly winning a 2v1 scenario. I'm not gonna say it was fair, because anyone who is S+ is a great player, but still, you should've been able to win that.

Anyway, it seems like having an S member on your team for squad battles completely skews the point distribution. I'm guessing instead of taking an average rank for both teams, each rank and number within that rank has a value. A/A+/S/S+ all have tiering within them, meaning a different tier in a rank would probably have a different value. My guess is that anyone who is A+ to S rank has a huge gap in terms of their "value" to the team. Let's say the ranks all flaw between 0-100 (in terms of value).

A+ 90 (highest tier of A+) could be worth 55/60. S would probably be valued at 75-85, and S+ would be 86-100 in terms of value, depending on their tier. Obviously C- would start at 0-5 or something like that.

Note, this is just a guess at how the system could potentially work. As for the 4v3 situation, I'm assuming that between the inflated value of an S ranked player on your team, and you having a one man advantage, the game figured it would be unfair for the S+'s. This would definitely make sense, as if you took the average rank of both teams, it obviously would be unfair for the team of 4.
Agreed, but tri squads *are* a bit broken at the moment. I went tri squad with two of my friends and it kept matching us with either approximately same ranked tri squads or power ranked quad squads - we easily won most of the matches against the quad squads.

SGM

Inkster Jr.
NNID
UltimateBlast
We went up with four S people and we won, and I got 14 points. I'm only a B.

That makes absolutely no sense to me.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I wonder if it is maybe based on your play performance or some other behind-the-scenes factors in squad battles or what? I dropped from S to A rank for like 7 matches and it seems like the ranking is really weird under S rank.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I wonder if it is maybe based on your play performance or some other behind-the-scenes factors in squad battles or what? I dropped from S to A rank for like 7 matches and it seems like the ranking is really weird under S rank.
Yeah, its weird because you never loose that much on S (never have gained more than 7 either) but you will lose massive amounts under S, so weird.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah, its weird because you never loose that much on S (never have gained more than 7 either) but you will lose massive amounts under S, so weird.
What I hate is when the matchmaking struggles to wrangle up other S rank players so you end up with A-'s/A's/A+'s. Right after the big August update I had a match where I ranked up to S in a lobby filled with half A's and S's and it kicked me out because I had a 'rank change' and needed to be matched 'accordingly,' and it matched me with C+'s. Can't imagine how many points that would have cost if I lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom