The S-BLAST Timeline

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
This is exactly what happened lol
I think the 91 kit really got people excited to try it out and since the feeling of having a horrible kit holding you back isn't a factor anymore, people are now realizing what the main weapon itself struggles with
At least for me that's how it felt
Burst/Booyah Bomb is my second favorite sub and special combination and if they do end up doing 3rd kits, I don't think they can do any better for the S-Blast than the 91
So any issues I'll have it with it are only about the main weapon itself now

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I still wouldn't want the outside blast radius for S-Blast to be too reliable though since I feel like thats how it's supposed to be

Yosi Spring

Pro Squid
It's not the best weapon, but it's still my favorite Blaster to play 😂

I still wouldn't want the outside blast radius for S-Blast to be too reliable though since I feel like thats how it's supposed to be
Agreed, if they did something like making the long range mode less laggy that would be cool while keeping it unique.

Jason4071

Inkling
Yeah I’d like it if they made the blast radius a little bigger, but having a relatively small blast radius compared to something like Range is a pretty reasonable trade-off for being perfectly accurate.

Would Rapid indirect radius be good for it? It’s significantly slower than Rapid, but I still feel like that could be a bit too much.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Yeah I’d like it if they made the blast radius a little bigger, but having a relatively small blast radius compared to something like Range is a pretty reasonable trade-off for being perfectly accurate.

Would Rapid indirect radius be good for it? It’s significantly slower than Rapid, but I still feel like that could be a bit too much.
I'd have to check how big the radius for Rapid is since I don't really play it but I do think either a speed buff or small indirect radius buff is what S-Blast would need
I don't think it'd make it too broken either since it doesn't have a lot of shots to use anyway, especially if its using burst for movement and poking.

ToastyGhost

Inkling
NNID
IAmToastyGhost
Switch Friend Code
SW-4329-2911-2996
even if it never gets a big radius buff, it should at least go from 18 to 20 units. why isn’t it a round number 🙃

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
Having played with both S-Blasts a lot, I can say that the weakest point about them was that they were soft slayers, not really having the tools to eliminate dangerous players and always on the defensive despite them not being ostensibly defensive in nature. Enjoyed '92 quite a bit once I managed to limit my Reefslides for defense and nothing else.

Burst Bombs don't do much more than poke, like Sprinkler. When you're under pressure, you have to combo burst Bomb with jump shot and that's just mega risky. And I had less access to special, which sucked. S-Blast NEEDS intensify Action cuz that deviation is too much.

I covered the weapon in the gamefaqs guide section fir Splatoon 3 if additional notes are needed

SyMag373

Inkster Jr.
I've been seeing a lot of people on Twitter lately saying nobody plays S-Blast anymore, or that they use the '92 more than the '91. All I wanna say is that I've been out here using both since Day 1. I won't pretend that the weapon has its faults. I'm not a top-level competitive player, so in some/most circles my opinion is irrelevant. But I use them because I really like using them, I don't care if Range Blaster is better (but admittedly I've been curious about starting to use it). And you know what, I'm pretty good at both kits, and that's good enough for me. A lot of my clips recently are chains of direct hits I've gotten or quads.

I'm a big fan of retro consoles. I grew up on the NES and the SNES. The SNES has always been my favorite console. Ever since the N-Zap in the first game, I always hoped there would be a Super Scope-themed weapon at some point. I couldn't NOT use it when they first revealed it.

evanstar

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1851-5708-4110
I've been seeing a lot of people on Twitter lately saying nobody plays S-Blast anymore, or that they use the '92 more than the '91. All I wanna say is that I've been out here using both since Day 1. I won't pretend that the weapon has its faults. I'm not a top-level competitive player, so in some/most circles my opinion is irrelevant. But I use them because I really like using them, I don't care if Range Blaster is better (but admittedly I've been curious about starting to use it). And you know what, I'm pretty good at both kits, and that's good enough for me. A lot of my clips recently are chains of direct hits I've gotten or quads.

I'm a big fan of retro consoles. I grew up on the NES and the SNES. The SNES has always been my favorite console. Ever since the N-Zap in the first game, I always hoped there would be a Super Scope-themed weapon at some point. I couldn't NOT use it when they first revealed it.
I love the weapon too. And if anything, I'm happy that it's kinda niche. It makes the weapon feel more unique rather than being the "big meta AOE option" (Kinda like vMachine before the nerf) And the design of the weapon including the sound and model itself are amazing.

Last edited:

Ceviche

Inkling
NNID
Ceviche
Switch Friend Code
SW-0783-4917-4978
I like S-Blast in maps where you can abuse the short range AOE, but for most others I prefer to play Range. The main weapon feels inconsistent, but it’s still very fun to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom