• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Spawn Point 2.0: Electric Boogaloo

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So last night my 3DS got a notification about this Swapdoodle app, their replacement for the unceremoniously axed Swapnote. And it has in-app purchases (¬_¬)... that thankfully aren't necessary.

Anyone else use this, or the previous version?

For the moment I'm just tooling around with it, but I did send a test letter to @Babycowland =p

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
So last night my 3DS got a notification about this Swapdoodle app, their replacement for the unceremoniously axed Swapnote. And it has in-app purchases (¬_¬)... that thankfully aren't necessary.

Anyone else use this, or the previous version?

For the moment I'm just tooling around with it, but I did send a test letter to @Babycowland =p
I downloaded Swapdoodle, but your message was nowhere to be found... Hmm... Maybe it'll show up when I turn on my 3DS again.

I made a private battle lobby just now, by the way.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
(usual x-post)

[Insert insert of the week because I forgot to look for one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯]

Now here is where I insert the mention of the Spawn Point crew having our weekly private battles sessions this Saturday on February 4th.
  • First session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Second session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM CEST
What rank are you? Doesn't matter! Play with us. Want to play rank matches casually? Sure! Play with us. Trying to git gud? Cool! Play with us. Learning a different or new weapon? Practice time! Play with us.

So swim over inkling. All are welcome. All welcome.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
We've all had the skill level of noobs once.

But we've improved. We're still improving. So this weekend lets improve further and have some fun fun at it during the Spawn Point crew's weekly private battles this Saturday on February 11th.
  • First improvement session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST

• Second improvement session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM CEST
From C- to S+ there's always room for improvement. But don't think of this as a scrim or some competitive training ground. These sessions isn't your heavy lift day, but a play session for maintenance and refinement where you're not pushing yourself at full throttle. This is a time to cruise control and play around in your rank matches--so go ahead and make more mistakes like a noob, try out those weapons you want to git gud with, experiment with those strategies you only thought about, ask the others how to improve! You can go back to the heavy lifting, full throttle pacing some other time.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I made a private battle lobby just now if anyone would like to join up.

I'm using my alt right now, so my NNID is BabycowB.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
(x-post, random player in my plaza I had to get a pic of)

And you too can learn how and more by joining the Spawn Point crew's weekly private battles this Saturday on February 18th. Hopefully with less puns. Hopefully.
Every rank, skill level, and weapon type available. This is a non-competitve, no-stress-intended, rank battle play session for you to learn, practice, and even enjoy yourself through the simple art of just playing.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
(old NintendoLife promo for a poster contest)

No, I don't have a problem. You have a problem! I can stop inking whenever I want... just not right now because the match is starting. ¬.¬;

And if you're also awake this Saturday you're welcome to splat it up with the Spawn Point crew at our weekly private battle sessions!
  • Then get something to eat, maybe take a nap, then superjump to a repeat performance
  • Second session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM
Doesn't matter your rank, skill, weapon, experience, or clan--if you want to get some play time in and enjoy yourself then swim on over and party with us!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
(the weekly xpost)

Since it's Switchmas, it's time for our Switchmas Holiday Comedy Special
(pssst it's fake)

So have you banished that WiiU to a closet shelf or went ahead and buried it yet? No? Well then you're welcome to join the Spawn Point crew at our weekly private battle sessions!

We'll help tie you over as you wait for that Splatoon 2 testfire, so come on in and join us. Every rank and weapon type welcome!

This is a non-competitve, no-stress-intended, rank battle play session for you to learn, practice, and even enjoy yourself through the simple art of just playing.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
A lobby has been made if anyone would like to join up. The password is 1234.

I'm using my alt, BabycowB. Feel free to let me know if you would like to join and haven't added that account yet.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Back and returning to the unscheduled weekly announcement. Getting back in form (though I gain almost 10lbs while on vacation. *cries* Dx)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So this place doesn't seem too neglected, I'll just blather something...

Mm. Huh... I'll get back to you with something to blather about...

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I'm trying to do better about being on Discord semi-regularly. I can easily check on Discord while at work, but I mildly dislike the mobile app yet I'm not exactly sure why. =-|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom