Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Lawl, No

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • What are SplatFests?

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Padre

Pro Squid
I find it amusing how upturned and pissed people get, when they start defending their belowed Splatfests, lets see some numbers then how Nintendo calculates every single match in two hours. Sure there are spreadsheets of these around? Those are believers who wont present the facts.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
if it was such a big problem don’t you think they would try to clean up the mess they’ve made?
What mess? There's nothing weird giong on with Splatfest, so what is there to 'clean up'?
Now, what I don't understand is why the most popular team loses so frequently.
That isn't the case in S2. It's pretty even so far.
lets see some numbers then how Nintendo calculates every single match in two hours.
It's not very complicated to calculate a win/lose ratio. There's nothing weird about this. As long as there's some little bit of data going out to some server or whatever after a match, it wouldn't require any effort.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, that's the thing. That's something people're struggling with.
It's like saying, 'if rascism is such a big deal, don't you think they would've cleaned up the mess by now?'

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I find it amusing how upturned and pissed people get, when they start defending their belowed Splatfests, lets see some numbers then how Nintendo calculates every single match in two hours. Sure there are spreadsheets of these around? Those are believers who wont present the facts.
It certainly isn't a hard calculation to make, just tally ever time a team wins against the opposite team. Whoever has the most by the end wins. Plain and simple, isn't like the number of wins are gonna be some astronomical number that a computer can't handle. Isn't like finding a percentage is that hard either, just take the number of wins, divide by the total of games that count, round outwards (thus not to have a 50/50 unless it was actually a tie which is near impossible) and bam, there's your results.

It isn't hard to believe. It just isn't. It's just basic math.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
Well, that's the thing. That's something people're struggling with.
It's like saying, 'if rascism is such a big deal, don't you think they would've cleaned up the mess by now?'
Well shoot. My apologies. Totally just made sense.
People are literally the problem with these types of things.
Thank you sir. For you have opened my eyes (not being sarcastic I swear).
Now let us return to being on topic.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
That isn't the case in S2. It's pretty even so far.
That's not true.

North America: The more popular team has won both battle categories twice, one of them three times, and neither five times.
Europe: The more popular team has won both battle categories once, one of them four times, and neither five times.
Japan: The more popular team has never won both battle categories, has won one of them four times, and neither six times.

If the battles results were random, you'd see the more popular team win both types of battles about 25% of the time and neither one about 25% of the time. Instead, they lose both types about 50% of the time, and win both types about 10% of the time. There's clearly bias.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
That's not true. —- There's clearly bias.
Ooohhh. I thinkk we might be on to something?
Maybe, just maybe, the less popular vote is given more points on wins unlike the more popular one. Heck, maybe the popular one is given a reduction of points of winning each game?
*starts to rub chin within deep thought (also creating more acne problems)*

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
What are amiibo then?
A small bonus, you buy it mostly for the figurine itself. In terms of actual gameplay you'll only get 3 pieces of gear out of it, the main perks aren't adjustable.

You could argue that the photoshoot feature is too much content being walled away, but for me personally it isn't.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
4 years on and people still like using the 'amiibos are 16 bucks Mario Kart suits' type arguments...

@MindWanderer You're right. Though the odds shouldn't be entirely 25/25/50 I think. Plus, it's a bit more complicated since it's not just a simple win/lose thing but a percentage that can be very high or very low. I've been meaning to mess around with the Splatfest data for a while. Think I'm gonna look into them a bit more in-depth. The weirdest thing is the lack of 3-0 scores.

Though in the end, for the players the thing that matters most is if the overall wins are sort of spread 50/50 between the most and least popular teams. Which is still the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom