• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Splatoon-devs will remodell maps, so...

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Actually, looking at the picture, you can see that the wall below the balcony (sidepath) is blue and looks unpaintable.. Also the grating is also missing. Could it mean that the sidepaths can no longer be taken from the middle?

That somehow sound like a charger upside.
Nice observation! I hope that's true.

And Chargers definitely need the help here, I always feel totally useless here. The only ledge that you don't get instantly splatted on has a terrible view.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
The only thing I don't like about that map is in Tower Control when going into the other teams base. The entry point is so small that its hard to fight around. I also find myself stuck in front of a moving Tower unable to see. If you can't see in this game...you're gonna have a bad time.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I've always felt like this map wasn't awful but had some bothersome aspects, this is much appreciated.

Just in case anyone didn't notice: the screenshot on the right appears to be what the middle of the map will look like after the update. Trees in the middle, and the entrance will have a smaller ramp that has railings, and someone already pointed out the wall leading up to the side entrance is blue so I'm guessing it's uninkable.

MagnaX7

Full Squid
NNID
MagnaX7
It also seems that TC just got harder on the offence. With the ramp leading into each base being smaller and to the side, it's likely that the tower will go past the ramp, making it easier to attack the tower.

Cheezey Bites

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Koske1
I've never played Towers without it being a knockout and Zones is just not fun on that stage so I think this is fair. I quite liked it for Turf Wars, but even there I think this will improve it. So yeah, happy this is happening.

Port Makerel is my absolute favourite map for towers, and Moray Towers is a good second, so I hope they don't get changed too much, though they are both pretty bad for Turf Wars... Triggerfish still seems pretty terrible, which is why it's been in development so long I'm sure, but I dunno if I'll enjoy it more later... Zones isn't terrible I guess...

Last edited:

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Can Port Mackerel's remodel involve removing it from the game? There's no salvaging that mess.

JarBear

Inkster Jr.
I ama very excited for the update, especially making your own map and rules with your selected friends. I will never allow Blackbelly Skatepark again! I just can't like it ...

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I would like it if the middle of port mackerel was opened a bit more but it's not that bad.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
I'm glad about this change. My only complaint about Urchin are the chokepoints that seem so impossible to get past if the opposing team has decent defense. I am aware that you can get past them to retake the middle zone but its a lot more difficult than other maps. I think I'm going to like Urchin more.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
Its good that their doing this hopefully they do it to other stages it keeps the game a little more fresh and thats what Splatoon is all about Staying Fresh!!! :)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Although the area beneath the side path is blue it looks like there is a new side area that is inkable right next to it with white bars that you can squid through. It looks like the side areas might be getting a bit larger.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Even if Urchin Underpass, (my least favorite map, is getting remodeled), I still don't want this really.

It just opens the floodgates for people asking other maps getting changed, instead of trying to figure out how to handle situations themselves.

I hope this is because of developer tested issues, and not because they either felt like it, or because the community was that loud.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Even if Urchin Underpass, (my least favorite map, is getting remodeled), I still don't want this really.

It just opens the floodgates for people asking other maps getting changed, instead of trying to figure out how to handle situations themselves.

I hope this is because of developer tested issues, and not because they either felt like it, or because the community was that loud.
It could be that the new weapons or modes were especially broken in that map.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta

If you played Splat Zones frequently you would have noticed how many games didn't make it past 2 minutes due to how poorly the map was designed.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
If you played Splat Zones frequently you would have noticed how many games didn't make it past 2 minutes due to how poorly the map was designed.
Better than nobody ever being able to cap at all on all the 2 zone maps. Are people really complaining that a map is too decisive, that it's not enough of a stalemate?

If this is the direction Splat Zones is going, then boy am I glad we're finally getting custom lobbies so I never have to play it again.

MuteBard

Inkster Jr.
I hope they are gonna make charger more useful in this map
In the current version, an established charger main can singlehandedly lock down an entire team from entering the middle, covering all three choke points. Even from a charger's standpoint, I believe that this may be very brutal for the opposing team. If they are adding some cover to the center, it could definitely make the stage much less monotone and encourage sniper users to be more creative to maintain that same level of defense. Literally if the opposing team does not have an inktazooka to strike fear or an inkstrike for distracting, there is no hope.

Last edited:

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Better than nobody ever being able to cap at all on all the 2 zone maps. Are people really complaining that a map is too decisive, that it's not enough of a stalemate?

If this is the direction Splat Zones is going, then boy am I glad we're finally getting custom lobbies so I never have to play it again.
Which maps are we talking about that has 2 zones that no one is able to cap? I haven't played those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom