• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Tri-Slosher is STILL op, people.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Oh, I forgot about that dang thing. Man, even the Tri-Slosher's better than the Tentabrella.
Tri is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% better than Tenta

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Oh, Ink Armour gets stacked? So if a player on my team uses the Ink Armour, it's not dud-worthy if I happen to use mine immediately afterwards? %)
I think it did, but i cannot find evidence on that anymore but it would make kind of sense if it did. So uh, take my words with a grain of salt.

Ink Armor's HP does degrade over time, and apparently re-using it resets that counter. But beforehand it'd also completely protect against knockback, any form of OHKO and had a longer invulnerability time once it was broken.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I'm very surprised people think that one patch actually killed the Tri-Slosher, because it sure as heck didn't. It still splats enemies in 0 seconds flat. To give you an idea of what I mean, I played a game of rainmaker today (it was actually the first time I used it since the patch), and I STILL got 15 kills, most of them were in just one life! Plus, I'm usually a pretty mediocre player and I don't normally get crazy kill counts, but it's a piece of cake with the Tri-Slosher!
Maybe that means you're good at the weapon. whoa

Still though if we're going to talk about weapons that kill in "0 seconds flat", every shooter in the game has an insane ttk. Look at a weapon like the .52 gal. It kills in 12 frames. Remember splatoon is a game that runs at 60 frames per second, so this weapon can drop a fool in a fifth of a second. And we're not talking about if it's point blank. This is a mid range weapon. The tentatek kills in 14 frames per second if you land all three shots in a row, but it hasn't seen a nerf to it's kill speed. Meanwhile tri slosher needs 38 frames to kill, more than triple the time needed with the .52 gal, and it has less range. Just to put that into perspective, You can react to a tri slosher trying to get the jump on you. But if a .52 gal lands both of it's shots you're already dead, you can't react to that.

To be fair, if every weapon that received "crazy kill counts" was deemed as "OP" or "unfair", they would nerf every blaster (Even though they take 70+ frames to kill someone if they don't land a direct hit), because they racked up a lot of kills, even though they can't paint, move, or do anything other than kill.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Maybe that means you're good at the weapon. whoa

Still though if we're going to talk about weapons that kill in "0 seconds flat", every shooter in the game has an insane ttk. Look at a weapon like the .52 gal. It kills in 12 frames. Remember splatoon is a game that runs at 60 frames per second, so this weapon can drop a fool in a fifth of a second. And we're not talking about if it's point blank. This is a mid range weapon. The tentatek kills in 14 frames per second if you land all three shots in a row, but it hasn't seen a nerf to it's kill speed. Meanwhile tri slosher needs 38 frames to kill, more than triple the time needed with the .52 gal, and it has less range. Just to put that into perspective, You can react to a tri slosher trying to get the jump on you. But if a .52 gal lands both of it's shots you're already dead, you can't react to that.

To be fair, if every weapon that received "crazy kill counts" was deemed as "OP" or "unfair", they would nerf every blaster (Even though they take 70+ frames to kill someone if they don't land a direct hit), because they racked up a lot of kills, even though they can't paint, move, or do anything other than kill.
Thanks for the info :)

Quiana

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4640-8314-4331
There's also the fun fact due to the way that the game itself runs at 60FPS and the tick rate is much lower, you can legit find yourself being killed by a weapon that you don't actually see a bullet come out of until after you're dead, due to differences in connections. It's another reason why those short TTK weapons are so good, because they may trade you in the blink of an eye when a 60 fps/tick would not have.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
There's also the fun fact due to the way that the game itself runs at 60FPS and the tick rate is much lower, you can legit find yourself being killed by a weapon that you don't actually see a bullet come out of until after you're dead, due to differences in connections. It's another reason why those short TTK weapons are so good, because they may trade you in the blink of an eye when a 60 fps/tick would not have.
'Fun' fact

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
I never got why people said that the tri-slosher was dead after the nerf. I understood that they basically destroyed the basic meta of the slosher for this specific weapon (Get to the high ground. For every slosher, getting to the high ground always gets the best results. Only takes 2 hits to splat somebody and most likely, you wouldn't even get hit from them. Some pretty darn good range too. But thanks to the nerf, the tri-slosher and ONLY the tri-slosher splats a squid after 3 hits. Still not under powered if you ask me.) but you don't even need to do that for the tri-slosher. Even after it's nerf you could just go near somebody and splat them in a few seconds. It has burst bombs. Did everybody forget that?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I never got why people said that the tri-slosher was dead after the nerf. I understood that they basically destroyed the basic meta of the slosher for this specific weapon (Get to the high ground. For every slosher, getting to the high ground always gets the best results. Only takes 2 hits to splat somebody and most likely, you wouldn't even get hit from them. Some pretty darn good range too. But thanks to the nerf, the tri-slosher and ONLY the tri-slosher splats a squid after 3 hits. Still not under powered if you ask me.) but you don't even need to do that for the tri-slosher. Even after it's nerf you could just go near somebody and splat them in a few seconds. It has burst bombs. Did everybody forget that?
League stats don't lie. And three hits from above fits with the "faster but weaker" slot the Tri-Slosher takes up in the bucket speed-balance-power trio that's going on. burst-cancelling is always handy but still takes more ink than just attacking.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Well, league stats are based both on success rate and on popularity. The best players are aware of the meta and the general consensus of weapon strength, so they choose weapons that they believe are good, and do well with them. Not only are weapons that are perceived to be worse less popular in general, they're especially less popular among top players. So it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom