• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Theory: Inklings are only a foot tall.

Cerebralbore101

Inkster Jr.
In Salmon Run the Grillers armor themselves up in old BBQ grills. They tower over the inklings. When's the last time you saw a crab, or shrimp the size of a human? Those shopkeepers are very small creatures. And most of all. Judd is as big as you! When's the last time you saw a cat the size of a human? And Judd is from human times so he isn't a mutant or anything. He's just a normal sized housecat.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
And most of all. Judd is as big as you!
Well I wouldn't say hes THAT big...
Million_seller_announcement_artwork.jpg

Especially when compared to the Squid Sisters, who are older inklings...

Squid_sisters_+_judd_animation.gif

Again, not as big as an inkling. He certainly is bigger to an inkling than he would be to a human though- if thats what you meant.

That said, theres alot of exaggerated sizes in Salmon Run. Have you seen the Stinger and his cooking pots? Those are ridiculously huge compared to anything. So I'm not sure if we can take the big BBQ grills any more seriously in terms of realistic proportions. It's a hard call at least.

Edit: forgot to mention the oddly huge cooking utensils and pots in the background of all the maps. So another proportion example to consider in terms of how far the 'realism' goes.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'd say the inklings are around 3-5 feet average, not quite as tall as a human but not tiny.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'd say the inklings are around 3-5 feet average, not quite as tall as a human but not tiny.
Around 3-4 feet always sounded right to me, depending on their age. Glad I'm not the only one who guessed a similar height.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Well, if you use the N-Zap '85 as a unit of measurement, and assume it's the exact same size as the actual NES Zapper irl, we can determine that Inklings are 2.89 feet tall (0.88 meters). They're smol little things.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Well, if you use the N-Zap '85 as a unit of measurement, and assume it's the exact same size as the actual NES Zapper irl, we can determine that Inklings are 2.89 feet tall (0.88 meters). They're smol little things.
I remember someone else using this theory too...except they made it like it meant that Inklings were just 1 foot tall, which made little sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom