There should be a mode in Splatoon where you just try to get the most kills.

Tokis

Inkling
NNID
Tokiscrap821
:p Because I always just get wrapped up in killing others than getting turf. Lmao

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I don't see there ever being a mode just to get kills, but I could see them adding a mode where killing is more important or something. I think it'd be pretty cool if done right. d:

Edit: Thinking about it now, I'd be totally fine with a TDM mode.

Last edited:

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Most people seem to agree that TDM would work. We'll see what nintendo does though. It obviously wouldn't be a ranked mode

Narayan

Full Squid
NNID
suacidesquid
if they would add a TDM-mode, the close range weapons like dynamo roller will be pretty useless i guess

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
if they would add a TDM-mode, the close range weapons like dynamo roller will be pretty useless i guess
I feel like ink on the ground would become more important for Roller users, as they would have to use it to get the jump on their enemies. That would be an interesting tactic to come out of it.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Nah. I kind of like how this game has objectives besides "kill the others". Makes you actually think about strategy and team work, as opposed to just blindly rushing in. It would also drain the other, more fun, modes of players because of all the COD fish jumping on TDM instead.

TF2 did fine without TDM outside of custom servers. Splatoon wont need it either.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
Plus, TDM kind of takes away what makes Splatoon different, if you want TDM you're better of playing Splat Zones

Reactions: AEM

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Plus, TDM kind of takes away what makes Splatoon different, if you want TDM you're better of playing Splat Zones
It's great that Splatoon is trekking unexplored territory, but not everything in the game has to be different. I think it could benefit from traditional things, like a TDM mode. I don't think it'll draw too much from the other gamemodes, and if that's really so much a concern, they could consider releasing such a mode after release, when everyone's played the other gamemodes already.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
It's great that Splatoon is trekking unexplored territory, but not everything in the game has to be different. I think it could benefit from traditional things, like a TDM mode. I don't think it'll draw too much from the other gamemodes, and if that's really so much a concern, they could consider releasing such a mode after release, when everyone's played the other gamemodes already.
Just like Team Fotress 2 Did!

....oh wait.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Yeah, I feel this way too. You could always run an impromptu TDM mode with friends, given that it does show the kill splat counter at the end of the match.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I talked about spaltoon with a little weird kid and the kid said "The Game sucks because its not about the Kills". People who want to kill should play CoD or something....

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
But the whole point of splatoon is that anyone can play, you can contribute to the team even if you can't aim, and at the point you're really dividing up the playerbase there.
So if someone can't aim, they'd play the other gamemodes. :v

I don't get what you mean by "dividing up the playerbase".

I talked about spaltoon with a little weird kid and the kid said "The Game sucks because its not about the Kills". People who want to kill should play CoD or something....
you should have 1v1'd him on the spot

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I would be down for this or TDM with some type new twist not sure how. I would love some classic shooter modes like TDM or CTF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom