There should be a mode in Splatoon where you just try to get the most kills.

Lefty

Nice la~
I wouldnt miss it if there isn't TDM, but I also wouldnt mind. The concept of this game makes it so TDM isn't really needed I'd say, which is surprising cause it's a god dang shooter game.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
a TDM mode would bring all the little kids into the splatoon community, no thanks

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Little kids like to Kill and they would be like "WHUA THERES A TDM MODE NOW IN SPLATOON IMA BUY IT!!!!1111"

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Wouldn't play it all that much probably but sure, why not. Although yes, it would seem to really isolate some weapons since the game isn't designed around a mode like this. So ultimately, I don't think we'll see it.

...I prefer stock deathmatch anyway.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
Splatoon doesn't need deathmatch because that's not the point of the game, it's to claim turf, you're still claiming turf in many different ways even with splat zones or tower control, let it be it's own thing, it doesn't have to rip from every single first person shooter, what's next, a counter strike bomb defusal mode?

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind that.
I would. Inviting asymmetrical gameplay to a game like this is just inviting endless discussions of which maps are balanced or not. Now, capture the flag might be a bit more interesting, but it would be though to balance around the swimming mechanic.

How about we just let Splatoon do its own thing, though? We already got Turf Wars and Splat Zones, with Tower Control and Rainmaker coming out later. Doing just dandy for now.

Fate

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Fate684
I'd like to see TDM added. No one would be forced to play it as they can just not choose that mode and it'd likely require little time to impliment compared to adding any other game mode as they could just reuse Turf War maps and change the win condition from ink coverage to kills, which are already being tracked.

There's no reason Splatoon can't do it's own thing while also offering some classic shooter options that still work within the game, especially as the whole ink thing will still make them a unique experience compared to other shooters.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
There's already a thread on this. [link]
Please use the search function next time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom