• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

This feels right. Squidboards being back is good and should stay.

Oliy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OliyTheCreepr
Switch Friend Code
SW-0716-3261-4135
Back in Splatoon 1 days I wasn't an active voice in this community, but I was using other forums a lot at the time. Being on a forum for Splatoon feels a lot more like home than Twitter in a way, even with all the things Twitter gets right. Twitter will always be valuable as a way to push content for the community in a way that this could never really replace though. I made Bamboozler Propaganda because of how Twitter's systems work and didn't spread it to r/Splatoon for the same reasons it wouldn't really make sense here to have a personalized thread.

People talk about "happenings in the competitive Splatoon community" on Twitter, but no matter how many people I followed I still felt like I never saw some discussions until I saw a take on a take on the issue. This fixes that whole algorithmic issue and just lets people talk.

I'm not sure how long this place is going to stay alive, but I hope it does for a while. I would actually check in here regularly and I think it would be a healthier relationship than Twitter. It needs some retrofitting with new systems like competitive calendars, but with Twitter becoming less and less comfortable to stay on and Discord never really being good for general community linkage, this would be a good option to have.

TBob408

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5648-5506-6493
agreed i hope everyone moves here highkey

Lappy!

Inkling
NNID
Yoshi_Simer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5995-6725-5192
Yeah same honestly with a few updates here and there Squidboards would be a perfect place for the community imo. I hope enough people stick around to see it through

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
Looking forward to a Squidboards revival. If people talk about Squidboards, more people will come and more people = more active.
Your posts are definitely better for forums with much longer character limit.
Forum discussions are much easier to follow than Twitter, Reddit or Discord imo.
I think Squidboards should definitely change the banner image, its very Splatoon 2 vibes.

Funky_Eevee

Full Squid
Back in Splatoon 1 days I wasn't an active voice in this community, but I was using other forums a lot at the time. Being on a forum for Splatoon feels a lot more like home than Twitter in a way, even with all the things Twitter gets right. Twitter will always be valuable as a way to push content for the community in a way that this could never really replace though. I made Bamboozler Propaganda because of how Twitter's systems work and didn't spread it to r/Splatoon for the same reasons it wouldn't really make sense here to have a personalized thread.

People talk about "happenings in the competitive Splatoon community" on Twitter, but no matter how many people I followed I still felt like I never saw some discussions until I saw a take on a take on the issue. This fixes that whole algorithmic issue and just lets people talk.

I'm not sure how long this place is going to stay alive, but I hope it does for a while. I would actually check in here regularly and I think it would be a healthier relationship than Twitter. It needs some retrofitting with new systems like competitive calendars, but with Twitter becoming less and less comfortable to stay on and Discord never really being good for general community linkage, this would be a good option to have.
For squidboards to stay alive I think all it would take is current high/top level to use the site and having things like the sz vs all modes discussion here instead of twitter

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
I'm all for a resurgence of squidboards. Way better at archiving and announcing information than Twitter and Discord. If the collective community can decide to switch back here, I think that's a net positive, especially with how much Twitter is downward spiraling.

Cebe

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4493-6009-9703
Old school forums as a whole need to make a comeback we as a society de-evolved when we stopped using these.

madame

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4838-4589-7278
i haven't been on a forum in like over a decade, this feels like coming back to my hometown!! let's all stay here forever

SansioKong64

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2297-9461-1128
I legit just made this account and i already agree. Maybe its the Splatoon vibe or the much safer feel than twitter but it feels like a home rather than hellfire
Same fr fr, the innare feelings of forums combined with the Splatoon vibes just makes this place really comfortable.

Cebe

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4493-6009-9703
I legit just made this account and i already agree. Maybe its the Splatoon vibe or the much safer feel than twitter but it feels like a home rather than hellfire
We need to start gatekeeping Squidboards from twitter users

Cebe

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4493-6009-9703
I would rather it die then become Twitter 2 LMAO

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
We need to start gatekeeping Squidboards from twitter users
Granted Twitter is a site where moderation is basically nonexistent. The character limit also encourages punchy "witty" statements instead of taking your time to speak your mind. Forums encourage more in depth discussion while Twitter encourages trying to outwit your opponent with ratioing or stuff like that. I think we have the advantage over Twitter in that way.

Ama

Inkling
I love indexable sites, the feeling of finding an answer in a troubleshoot forum by "Juan9101" years back for some very specific obsolete problem is something I took for granted when I was younger. Twitter/Discord is horrible for discourse, which I presume is one of the main reasons people are switching back to the ol' reliable forums especially as new leaders in Social Media really haven't emerged yet. It's been a bit of a trend for a while, "Yesterweb", web revivals, Neocities. Not sure if it's really ever "took off". I don't think it will. (I hope I'm wrong). Those nostalgic about the sites or who had experience running/participating forums/websites are aging (No idea about SB, I don't use this site), just like me, and don't really have the time to dedicate to such long posts/moderation/content. A lot of the old forums I used to frequent have simply died out, those surviving remain posted up by the usual clique of old members which was always difficult for new members to "become part of" before they switched to Skype, then Discord. Forums were good for a lot of reasons. Convenience never really was one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom