• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

This feels right. Squidboards being back is good and should stay.

D

Deleted member

have u seen how many people r coming on or wot!?!??!??!?!?!!?!?!!!?

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
It's great to see this initiative and to see so many people get behind it. I grew up on forums and it's been a little distressing to watch them fall into near-obscurity-- they're simply so much more functional for serious discussions, asking questions that don't get immediately buried in a backlog, and even casual asynchronous chatter. And this is more a personal preference, but there's also just something very cozy about loading up a forum with its own theme and personality, rather than the generic sterility of most social media apps. Here's hoping activity only continues to increase.

Never really used forums before (At least interacted with them) but I've been loving it here, absolutely an improvement over anything else we have right now.

Oliy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OliyTheCreepr
Switch Friend Code
SW-0716-3261-4135
I love indexable sites, the feeling of finding an answer in a troubleshoot forum by "Juan9101" years back for some very specific obsolete problem is something I took for granted when I was younger. Twitter/Discord is horrible for discourse, which I presume is one of the main reasons people are switching back to the ol' reliable forums especially as new leaders in Social Media really haven't emerged yet
I generally agree, but I will say that Twitter has some decent search functions and Discord if you know where to search for something highly specific is also pretty accessible. The main things that matter for me as an editor is focusing takes on an issue (which is definitely improved here) and tournament tracking/data (implementation of that will depend on what TOs do and how/when they publish info). If we don't have a Ganbawoomy equivalent here I don't think it'll necessarily be better than my standard YouTube/Twitter search, but we'll see. Having threads talking about notable tournaments will definitely help if people do that.

takoyakispl

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8500-0519-8026
I generally agree, but I will say that Twitter has some decent search functions and Discord if you know where to search for something highly specific is also pretty accessible. The main things that matter for me as an editor is focusing takes on an issue (which is definitely improved here) and tournament tracking/data (implementation of that will depend on what TOs do and how/when they publish info). If we don't have a Ganbawoomy equivalent here I don't think it'll necessarily be better than my standard YouTube/Twitter search, but we'll see. Having threads talking about notable tournaments will definitely help if people do that.
I think to me the main thing is visibility to the entire community, a forum format makes things more visible from everyone to everyone and makes things more than just your circle constantly talking to itself. I really like the website so far!

D

Deleted member

I am talking to all furries, I am sorry for being rude to u

BronySquid

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1961-9274-4704
I grew up on ol Dueling Network Forums in the YGO community. Being back on a forum for my hyperfixation feels soulful

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom