This Game Sucks [Rant]

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
So, just now I was playing a rank up series trying to get out of S rank. I was two for two, after a number of close wins and losses, this last game would determine whether or not I could escape this rank and go do things in X until the season ends.

The mode is Rainmaker. I was playing Tri-Stringer.
I got in a comp with a Hydra, E-liter Scope, and Carbon Deco.
The enemy comp was a Splattershot, Zap ‘85, .52 Gal, and Tri Nouveau.

Anarchy Series’ matchmaking is an absolute joke.
I’m going back to Salmon Run.

Rant over. Have a good day.

Last edited:

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
This ain't r/saltoon bud. But yes, weapon matchmaking in anarchy is literally non-existent, and I do think it should be implemented because getting comp screwed is a legitimate thing. Now, people in S rank will sometimes just lose to triple backline comps because they're silly like that, but it still is unfortunate. But, like, stringer has gotten multiple buffs. Paint, chip damage, pretty sure it also got some extra strafe speed at some point. There have been very little pure top-tier shooter buffs and most of them have been very minor consistency fixes, which I'd argue are fine. And what happened to you doesn't have anything to do with which weapons are stronger or have been getting buffs, it was moreso was just, unfortunate weapon combination. Still, sucks that happened, have fun fishing.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I would like to apologize for the outburst.
Yes, weapons like stringer have been getting buffs, but that still doesn’t excuse the devs poor balance decisions.
I just want to get out of here. I’ve been in S Rank for at least nine months and it’s eating away at my sanity.

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
Its ok to be upset, we've all been there but i try to remember that any energy I spend being upset is energy i could instead use towards improving my own skills and working with what I have. You cant control the matchmaking or how your teammates act so being frustrated is a waste. but still, its only human to be annoyed lol just take a break and get back at it when you're feeling better

Bubbsart

Full Squid
Pronouns
she/they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-0856-6246-8984
Its ok to be upset, we've all been there but i try to remember that any energy I spend being upset is energy i could instead use towards improving my own skills and working with what I have. You cant control the matchmaking or how your teammates act so being frustrated is a waste. but still, its only human to be annoyed lol just take a break and get back at it when you're feeling better
Thanks for the reminder.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
I would like to apologize for the outburst.
Yes, weapons like stringer have been getting buffs, but that still doesn’t excuse the devs poor balance decisions.
I just want to get out of here. I’ve been in S Rank for at least nine months and it’s eating away at my sanity.
I'm gonna be real, I've seen a lot of people in S rank say stuff like this, try to rush ranking up, and when they eventually reach S+ on a fluke or something, they end up realizing that they have to spend the rest of the season getting mopped. Improvement matters more than getting a rank, the rank will come in time if you don't rush it and find things to work on as a player.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I'm gonna be real, I've seen a lot of people in S rank say stuff like this, try to rush ranking up, and when they eventually reach S+ on a fluke or something, they end up realizing that they have to spend the rest of the season getting mopped. Improvement matters more than getting a rank, the rank will come in time if you don't rush it and find things to work on as a player.
I can see that as being commonplace, but I don’t think this applies to me.
Nonetheless, thank you for the advice.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I already posted this in another thread, but I'll share this here too. Matchmaking shenanigans can and will happen in this game, both with one team just being outclassed by the other and with weapon comps being really bad. If you get beat up over it though then that's your first step to losing. It's very possible to play well enough to win in spite of all of this.

1707080296971.png
1707080326642.png
1707080358478.png

I took these at different points but these are the only ones I could find immediately. Could easily get more to share if I really wanted. Sooo yeah, if you're getting bothered by this stuff just take a 20 minute break and talk yourself down from any hint of being tilted that you might have. Being as good of a teammate as possible will mitigate the amount of games where stuff like that matters to begin with. Just don't worry about it.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I already posted this in another thread, but I'll share this here too. Matchmaking shenanigans can and will happen in this game, both with one team just being outclassed by the other and with weapon comps being really bad. If you get beat up over it though then that's your first step to losing. It's very possible to play well enough to win in spite of all of this.

View attachment 9198View attachment 9199View attachment 9200

I took these at different points but these are the only ones I could find immediately. Could easily get more to share if I really wanted. Sooo yeah, if you're getting bothered by this stuff just take a 20 minute break and talk yourself down from any hint of being tilted that you might have. Being as good of a teammate as possible will mitigate the amount of games where stuff like that matters to begin with. Just don't worry about it.
holy **** that triple bow game must have been so cursed

dabearsss

Inkster Jr.
I would love for the matchmaking to get a fresh coat of paint. As a charger player it's exhausting to get double and triple chargered. Some sort of role queue would be awesome even if it meant longer wait times.

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I would love for the matchmaking to get a fresh coat of paint. As a charger player it's exhausting to get double and triple chargered. Some sort of role queue would be awesome even if it meant longer wait times.
No joke I played Turf against a 4 Charger team on Brinewater. I understand why they all picked it (I would too if I mained Charger) but the win seemed a bit hollow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom