Thoughts on Marlin Airport?

Kyber

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5241-4285-0340
Now that two weeks have passed, how do people feel about Marlin Airport across the different modes? I haven’t seen it as a stage pick much yet in the tournaments I’ve played in, but does anyone feel strongly about a specific mode layout? So far I’m neutral to all of them, except I think Rainmaker is its weakest layout with only one checkpoint. Does anyone see it becoming a prominent or at least respectable stage pick in the future?

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
I do enjoy it on clams and zones. Tower's pretty good too, even though I haven't played it much. But yeah, rainmaker is kinda eh :/ Also still salty over the fact it was the only new map..

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I really don't like it on Zones, but I don't like Zones regardless of the map, so that's not really a signifier of map quality to me lol. I'm... unsure how I feel about it with Rainmaker. I think the propellers make it interesting, but I'm unsure how I actually feel about it. I don't know if I've played a single Tower Control match on it LMAO. And then I like it a good bit for Clams! Overall I think it is a really good map, I do enjoy it, I'm just unsure if I'd call it a map I love. I wish more maps had unique features like the propellers though

Beckett.

Semi-Pro Squid
I really don't like it on Zones, but I don't like Zones regardless of the map, so that's not really a signifier of map quality to me lol. I'm... unsure how I feel about it with Rainmaker. I think the propellers make it interesting, but I'm unsure how I actually feel about it. I don't know if I've played a single Tower Control match on it LMAO. And then I like it a good bit for Clams! Overall I think it is a really good map, I do enjoy it, I'm just unsure if I'd call it a map I love. I wish more maps had unique features like the propellers though
same i hate zones no matter what map it is on

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I think its just okay. I haven't played enough to have a real definied opinion on it but the main gripes is the fan placement on tower making it way too easy to fall into pits, and in rainmaker the fans only activating after the check

Cephalobro

I played enough of it in Turf War and I actually think it's a really good one. I like it how it's a lot more open, and in my experience, the likelihood of spawn camping decreases dramatically. I also liked it for the fact that it doesn't actively try to force a confrontation with the opposite team.

Not only allowing clever players to bypass an opposing team's lock on an area, but also indirectly teaching players to be more aware of their surroundings during the match, not only due to the holes, but also the fact that to be able to find out the rough estimate of where the opposing team is, you have to take a careful look on the map of the stage, thus bringing up more strategy when it comes to how a team at a disadvantage can turn the game in their favor.

Pronouns
He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8169-4520-4613
For me personally, I don't like it because theres too many adjustable platforms that it can make it a distraction and get constantly splatted.. my neurodivergent brain can't stop shooting the fidget spinners lol

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Nintendo has had a habit of making the zone way too small

a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/They
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
i like the sunset scenery and the foliage! really cool! and the japanese architecture is amazing at night!

☆Oblivion☆

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Oblivion_spl
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
Not a big fan, most of the time it feels like you are stuck in mid as usual fans are your only way out is the fan platforms and they make the stage horrible to play on as the depending on where its at can really mess up my play and it gives the enimies the highground when they are stood on while it's spinning. They should atleast add a sponge to the bottom left area in the modes that don't have the fan there and also lower the height of the fan to make it a little more bearable. They can also make the zone larger too and the other ranked modes should also got some small adjustments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom