Thoughts on new Squiffer kit?

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I don't play Squiffer but I want more good kits in this game so I'm really glad they gave it Zipcaster and autobomb. I still don't understand how they didn't give Neo Splash Zip, the only shooter with perfect accuracy in the air, but at least Squiffer has it and it's definitely gonna be fun seeing all the insane shots people get with it.

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
I am absolutely terrified of the day someone zips to the top floor of Inkblot Art Academy and hits me with midair instant-death before they even hit the ground.

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
It's gonna be terrifying... Probably a top zip synergy since squiffer has no jump charge slowdown and zipcaster will alow them to get much closer to opponents while retaining speed. Might not be meta but hey, it synergizes well and that's all that matters.

Last edited:

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I am absolutely terrified of the day someone zips to the top floor of Inkblot Art Academy and hits me with midair instant-death before they even hit the ground.
Will probably be even more terrifying in Rainmaker
Rainmaker carrier can't even hide under cover from it anymore

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Everyone will be excited for this and never use it.
It definitely seems like the type of weapon kit to get people who don't play Squiffer to try it and then stop playing it soon after but that makes sense

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
I'm calling this the Zones/Clam Blitz set for Squiffer fans. Squiffer is not an anchor and struggles against anchors in good positions. I'll add that Zipcaster is more of an equalizer than a direct counter: the further you start your Zip, the better the odds you're shot. Best to start from nearer and treat the special as a way to bypass high ground. So instead of modes where you're pushing a singular objective and starting from afar, zipcaster should be used in modes with more distressed objectives and where there's more space to work from.

As for Autobombs? Well I guess they're good to keep track the short ranged units that take on all the risks: the zone painters and clam collectors.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
Zip has synergy with Squiff because of continuation so despite the lack of combo potential, I have a ton of hope it’ll work. Also, no matter how it actually ends up being comp wise, this is incredibly swag and fun

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
I don't play Squiffer, but it honestly looks like a fun kit, and much better synergy compared to the vanilla kit (Bubbler on a more mobile weapon).

☆Brody☆

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4277-5054-4618
Might be one of the most difficult weapons in the game, but sick as hell.

zyf_

Pro Squid
imo:
in casual settings/when going for clips, zip squiffer will be very fun and cool

but i'm depressed because they've basically 100% killed the weapon in higher tiers of solo queue and competitive

people already shoot zipcasters out of the sky, and having to charge for a second means you're just going to get owned while your movement is completely locked and predictable, and I think people are forgetting that

in theory, you can zip high enough that youre out of their range, but that's literally going to be so hard to aim and time that i don't think it will be consistent, practically speaking, so the weapon is doomed to be a "really cool when it works, but really garbage when it doesn't" weapon with highly inconsistent performance

happy for the people that wanted their clip weapon tho, it'll definitely be fun to use when ur popping off

Retro_Wolf

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3631-4982-0610
I feel like everyone has been wanting zip caster on squiffer since near the beginning of splatoon 3. Tbh I wasn't getting my hopes up and kind of thought it wasn't gonna happen. So I was actually really surprised (in a good way)!!

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
It definitely seems like the type of weapon kit to get people who don't play Squiffer to try it and then stop playing it soon after but that makes sense
I play squiffer a lot so I'll definitely use this. Probably long term if it ends up being good

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Its a good kit on paper, but the skill floor for both the main weapon and special combined is prohibitaly high.

You have to be good at:
-Charger flicking
-positioning aggressively enough to hit shots, but not enough to take fights against fast weapons with quick times to kills
-knowing when the best time to pop zip is while also doing so in spots where your jump is unlikely to be camped
-flicking mid air and being able to hit trickshots consistently to get vital picks(sniping backlines for example then recalling)

I don't think too many people are going to play it, even less are going to be good enough at it to where we'll see it in comp, BUT, it has potential, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom