Thoughts on Patch 8.1.0?

*Buster*

Full Squid
The buffs to Blaster, Douser Dualies, Recycled Brella, and especially Dynamo Roller were nice to see. Glad that they nerfed Zooka's damage to Big Bubbler, although I'm not sure how prominent Bubbler is right now for this to really hurt Zooka. Also they fixed the opening of the canopy for brella which is a big win for brella mains. One minor complaint is that Aerospray didn't need a painting buff, but it's only 3% so it doesn't really matter.

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
As someone who enjoys playing Sorella Brella every now and then, I absolutely enjoy this patch. I technically haven't played the game yet because I've been so busy, but when I do, I can't wait for it!! I've heard nothing but good things so far.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Now that we got some time to try it out, I like it overall.
It's pretty carried by the brella fixes but most of the weapons I personally wanted to get buffed got them. Dynamo, splat brella, recycled brella, dousers, sblast, super chumps and vac all got buffed which is pretty cool to see, not to mention I like the way they were buffed.
Now buff dualie squelchers, H3, wave breaker, dart and mist and I won't ask for anything else

But realistically that's just not enough for these, they need more if you ever want them to become more viable.

I'm mixed but I like the direction of the patch a lot more than the previous ones

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
I mean they made my main weapon (brella) actually work way better for me its been the best patch so far
However some of the other changes feel kind of whatever
Recycles buff is nice but not really what it needed
Sliders hitbox feels really jank with the reduced paint but increased hitbox
Dynamos buff feels really underwelming
Like compared to other patches this one is pretty good but compared to what patches SHOULD look like its pretty meh

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
The patch cemented Recycled Brella as my new main and got me into Sorella Brella, so I’d say it’s an overall win.
(This absolutely could have also happened without the patch fixing brellas.)

Smash Arena

Inkster Jr.
I appreciate the slight painting buff to the Aerospray as the RG is my favorite weapon in all of Splatoon since the first game. Aside from that, maybe I'll try the Recycled Brella again now that it's been adjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom