• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thoughts on the new splatoon commerical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Im already going to buy the game so I dont really care how it advertises to the kids. Reminds me how a lot of ads used to have their theme songs and just repeating their names a lot.
I got the Bumblebee Tuna tune stuck in my head for so many years
Dude, I still get that song stuck in my head and I haven't heard it in years and years. They did a good job making it stick with you. D:

Anyway, I haven't watched the trailer yet, I'll do that now.

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
I'm... Unsure how I feel about that ad, lol. I guess for a target audience for kids/pre-teens it's not all that bad, fairly catchy, but it's otherwise... Ehhhhh.
They need a kid audience too, not just adults, so another more maturely approached ad to counter this one would be pretty good.

Haven't personally seen any up in the UK for Splatoon yet, but I don't watch much tv for it to be that visible.

SquidisaWard

Full Squid
NNID
KaBlamJamDan
I don't understand the hate? As cringey as the NA ads are (well, only the second one really when you get down to it), they're only running on kids channels while the JP/EU ads are on more general channels. Beside, I think the NA commercials give a more clearer idea on what the game might be about instead of having a bunch of squid people trying to shoot each other in Tokyo.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I have no idea what I am anymore. I've always thought I was a rag, but the wacky voice on the television is telling me I'm a child... or a cephalopod? This is too much for me to handle right now and is why I usually avoid the TV.

Puffy

Senior Squid
NNID
Annakittykat
Oh, the new advertisements are glorious! Needless to say, I love them. xD No, but in all seriousness, I do like the cheesy kind of humor put into the advertisements. The songs (mainly the singing and the Auto-Tune) are particularly annoying, but that's what makes them great. :D

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
It's been said before that Splatoon looks like it fell right out of the 1990's, so I found the ad fitting.
I'm obviously not the target audience for said advert, but it's good for what it is.

I am also rather loving the Tokyo splatter ads that we're getting. Though, I would have loved to see the same idea for European cities; Dublin, London, Paris etc.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
That Splatoon commercial is laughable. I know it resembles the 90's in a way, but it sounds hilarious. Lyrics are so generic, but they match with the video so I'll let it slide.

I could live without this commercial.

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
This one was very much less subtle... And I don't like it one bit....
For one, Inklings aren't kids. They are 14. They are more in the teenager/young adult phase. So that sort of breaks canon... I don't like them breaking canon. Second, it doesn't really show the craziness of Splatoon. In the game, there is paint flying everywhere and that's what makes it such a great time. Japan's commercials hit that right on the head... Yet we are focused just on the squid aspect of Splatoon? There are so many better ways to make a kids commercial than this, but I am glad it is at least being advertised... I wish the next commercials would be better though...

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
After reading the comments of the commercial on YouTube, people surprisingly love it. So, obviously Nintendo are not on drugs.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
It is incredibly silly in a good way.

I'm really ashamed to admit it was in my head for most the morning. youreakidyoureasquidyoureakidyoureasquidnowwwww

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
It would have been a billion times better if Elvis was singing it.
He needs to come back into the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom