Thoughts on tonight’s (and tomorrow) challenge?

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.
Personally I think the idea of randomized weapons is great, although I think they should’ve had your gear abilities be randomized as well, maybe even randomize the maps. They should’ve leaned into the random aspect more, at least from what I can tell before it starts later.

Cephalobro

I hope that the random weapons mean that it will level the playing field a bit, however, what worries me is the obviously unbalanced team makeup that random weapons inevitably bring.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
We're obviously going to see some crazy unbalanced team compositions - random abilities and maps would be fun, but isn't the point of this particular challenge. Consistent gear abilities and maps serve a dual purpose of being something familiar and consistent to latch onto both for the sake of competition and for the theme of this challenge - trying out new weapons.

Cephalobro

How much is enough to actually get to the 5%? I'm assuming more than 2100, I know it isn't as much as X Battles given challenges only last 2 hours.

Cephalobro

I played through enough and I will say that I hate it so much that I wish I could throw this challenge into a boiling volcano. It's legitimately the only challenge so far that made me quit before the 2 hours were up.

The worst part is, the next challenge is on the weekends, which is the worst possible time for me to play with the slotted times.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
On the contrary, I actually really loved this one. Sure, basically every game I was handed a charger we were almost guaranteed to lose but watching other players stumble with weapons they weren't great with was pretty fun in and of itself.

Really, my biggest problem with challenges in general so far is the time slots - if you're going to make them one rotation at a time, at least give us more opportunities to play.

Cephalobro

I think they should add more time slots for each challenge. The fact that I have to wake up really early in the morning to be able to play more than one slot is a terrible oversight.

OneCoolCat

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6465-7408-0406
I was handed a blaster…. 75% of the time. Why oh why? I can respect good Blaster players but it’s not my cup of tea. However I did love this idea of randomized weapons. It gets people to try new weapons. I think it’s great!

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
I'm just getting back into the game, so I was hoping it would be a good chance to try out some of the weapons I haven't played with much--and new weapon types I've never seen before. I ended up getting the Splatana Wiper and Heavy Splatling a ton, but, luckily, I ended up liking how both of them play. This was my first experience with the Splattshot Nova, and I'm still thinking on how I feel about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom