• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thoughts on Version 4 so far?

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.
Since we now know most of what will be included in version 4, what do you all think about it? Will it be good or will it just be meh like chill seaeon?

Blåhydra

Inkster Jr.
It's... a mixed bag? Some absolute hightpoints but also some lows with oddball decisions with challenges.

I think it'll turn out okay but I doubt its going to carry the summer. A lot of people will have the time to play and with the update shaping up to be just okay, i'm not sure if that is enough to make splatoon stand out between other games.

Still hoping for a mid season shake up or a suprise reveal or something. Or just an unannounced content bomb. Something to really get the hype train rolling again.

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.
Still hoping for a mid season shake up or a suprise reveal or something. Or just an unannounced content bomb. Something to really get the hype train rolling again.
I’m hoping that they announce a big 1 year event since season 5 will launch after S3 has been on the market for a year. They’ll probably wait for Side Order to do something big though.

Cephalobro

Could be possible that they will release Side Order during the summer, maybe later in the summer. Now I know that the release date is 2024, but I doubt they would wait that long for a DLC story of all things. I'm predicting that just like Octo Expansion from Splatoon 2, Side Order will also release in the same year it (Side Order) has been announced in.

Blåhydra

Inkster Jr.
I’m hoping that they announce a big 1 year event since season 5 will launch after S3 has been on the market for a year. They’ll probably wait for Side Order to do something big though.
I'd love for them to announce a big one year event and to really hit home with side order. Maybe something with unique challenges? There is a lot of untapped potential there.

If they'd only start going big with SO, aren't they way late in the games support life cycle? Unless they suddenly want to support 3 for longer than the promised two years...

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
I think it's fine so far. I didn't really expect that much from this update, as the other seasons we're also pretty tepid, so my expectations are rather tempered. Not keen on the new stage or challenges, however I think most of the new weapons look fun to play. I also prefer to reserve my full-judgement until everything is announced as Nintendo might surprise us.

As for an anniversary celebration? Probably just a Splatfest theme and nothing else. And I can't see Side Order happening until maybe next season at the earliest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom